Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1935 1936 [1937] 1938 1939 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8575659 times)

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #29040 on: April 30, 2011, 12:12:39 am »

Going to the Renaissance Fair tomorrow. Why didn't I go to sleep last night? I fell asleep at 2pm and now I'm fully awake at 10pm. :'(

Ninja'd

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29041 on: April 30, 2011, 12:32:07 am »

Gah, random hypersensitivity. Everything hurts my skin; I was wearing blue jeans earlier, and holy fuck that was suddenly painful. It hurts to type, but I'm being an idiot and doing it anyways. Apparently the only thing I can do without pain is lick my skin, and I don't know how I figured that out. I'm hoping it's just my arm the left side of my body my entire body "falling asleep", because as painful as that is, it's the best scenario.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29042 on: April 30, 2011, 12:34:47 am »

they'll just say "when a neurotypical person sees something out of the "ordinary" they have a bad feeling about it," because that doesn't explain the why I'd like to have.

Fear of the unknown. It's beyond our narrow range of experience, so we fear it.

Note:  this behavior is not universal.

It also only leads to more why questions, though I suppose this fear can be explained in evolutionary terms.

Fear of the unknown is... well, I still think it's ridiculous given all of the things that remain constant, but okay.

Are there any signs that say I don't get to sing in public?  No?  Then bug off :I

I used to wish that everyone would have a new sort of fashion where they wore animal headdresses and lots of colorful stuff and feathers and scales just however they wanted, but somehow... less about fitting in and more about just putting as much you out there as possible.  But now I almost wonder if people aren't sort of doing that already, but I'm not sensitive enough to catch up on it.

I don't think I've ever really understood the "hide most of you" mentality.  There are a few things which, after leaving them exposed for years and years, I figgered I'd probably better go about hiding.  But the rest of everything... who cares, anyhow?

Oh well.

Gah, random hypersensitivity. Everything hurts my skin; I was wearing blue jeans earlier, and holy fuck that was suddenly painful. It hurts to type, but I'm being an idiot and doing it anyways. Apparently the only thing I can do without pain is lick my skin, and I don't know how I figured that out. I'm hoping it's just my arm the left side of my body my entire body "falling asleep", because as painful as that is, it's the best scenario.

See if more force doesn't make you feel better.  When I have that problem, I rub my hands together rather forcefully and that helps a lot.  There's some other things I do, too (mostly involving other rubbing spots, like my left outer thigh), but I think those might be more me and less general.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29043 on: April 30, 2011, 12:36:48 am »

It actually passed pretty quickly, even if it was really painful. Thanks! :D

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29044 on: April 30, 2011, 12:40:44 am »

It actually passed pretty quickly, even if it was really painful. Thanks! :D

Haha, good.  I've never been able to wear blue jeans, myself =/  So I have a lot of sympathy for any and all rough-fabric sufferers  ::)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29045 on: April 30, 2011, 12:43:36 am »

I enjoy blue jeans, I just hate pre-faded ones. I get jeans so dark they're almost black, so I can wear them for so much longer. Also because they look more formal while still being casual. My friends are always whining because I wear plain white cotton t-shirt and dark blue jeans almost every day, but it just feels professional to me. On special occasions, a light blue button-up unbuttoned over a white t-shirt is the standard fare.

Works for me :3

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29046 on: April 30, 2011, 12:48:32 am »

Meh.  Tried them on once, cried, nearly tripped myself trying to get them off... I think I was in fourth grade or so.

It was stupid.

But I mostly dress a bit nicer than blue jeans anyway--long dark pants and skirts with blouses and maybe vests.  I don't like looking like all the other girls because I start getting confused as to which one I am >________________>

And I know that sounds ridiculous, but I am always shocked to see my face in the morning, so it's not far from there to forgetting "which one I am" if I dress like everyone else.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #29047 on: April 30, 2011, 01:18:38 am »

Noo... if you dress different you stand out. and standing out is bad. you must look exactly the same as everybody else.

(That was sarcasm, by the way.)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #29048 on: April 30, 2011, 01:21:34 am »

I used to wish that everyone would have a new sort of fashion where they wore animal headdresses and lots of colorful stuff and feathers and scales just however they wanted, but somehow... less about fitting in and more about just putting as much you out there as possible.  But now I almost wonder if people aren't sort of doing that already, but I'm not sensitive enough to catch up on it.

I don't think I've ever really understood the "hide most of you" mentality.  There are a few things which, after leaving them exposed for years and years, I figgered I'd probably better go about hiding.  But the rest of everything... who cares, anyhow?

Oh well.
RIT has quite a few who do things similar to that, and a somewhat accurate list is actually kept on the uncyclopedia page. http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/RIT#That_Kid
Ranging from things like odd backpacks or hats to blue warpaint during the Humans vs Zombies games to look like Braveheart while fighting off hordes of zombies. Although admittedly RIT is a bit more interesting than the average college campus.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29049 on: April 30, 2011, 01:22:35 am »

Noo... if you dress different you stand out. and standing out is bad. you must look exactly the same as everybody else.

(That was sarcasm, by the way.)

Wait, it was?  I need to set up my poor unsufficient social-learner to better handle this strange and alien concept!

(... Sarcasm is one of the few things I'm good at)

@Alway: ... And Berkeley was supposed to be liberal, open-minded, etc.?

Hurmph.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #29050 on: April 30, 2011, 01:25:08 am »

I'd rather have a redundant mention of sarcasm than risk the meaning not going through text, which is ambiguous at the best of times.

Personally, I dress in robes just about everywhere.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29051 on: April 30, 2011, 01:27:12 am »

Okay, okay.  Just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to go through the "Oh my god, this must mean she can't understand sarcasm!" thing again.  That was pretty tiring the first few times.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #29052 on: April 30, 2011, 01:32:39 am »

@Alway: ... And Berkeley was supposed to be liberal, open-minded, etc.?
True, but it is still considered a bit more on the 'srs biznis' side of things as far as universities go. RIT is so tech based that our culture is much more laid back and draws heavily from internet culture. Leading to things like our anime club having nearly 1000 members and IIRC being the largest university anime club in the US (although whether that is true I'm not entirely certain of). Internet memes are pretty universally known throughout RIT, and the Golisano computing building in particular.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29053 on: April 30, 2011, 01:34:18 am »

Math class tomorrow.

Despite doing the homework(Well, the part I could do before I had to lie down) I have absolutely no faith in my ability to do well tomorrow.

And I know if I actually spent time with the material I would ace it perfectly with no doubt whatsoever. It's easy stuff.

I think my own hopeless attitude to this is all that's keeping me down, and it's an attitude that persist in even the best of moods. It breaks my best of moods.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #29054 on: April 30, 2011, 01:46:38 am »

Ranging from things like odd backpacks or hats to blue warpaint during the Humans vs Zombies games to look like Braveheart while fighting off hordes of zombies. Although admittedly RIT is a bit more interesting than the average college campus.

I wore a cloak through the winter instead of a coat one year :P
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 1935 1936 [1937] 1938 1939 ... 8156