Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2438 2439 [2440] 2441 2442 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8571092 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #36585 on: September 07, 2011, 05:50:39 pm »

I have no idea why, but my mood today is just spiraling downward. I feel so lonely, crushingly lonely, but all I can think about is how I want to be away from everyone I know and just be by myself.

Man, I hate being at home so much, this is such a shitty place. I never want to come back here again, and I'll do everything in my power to make sure that happens.

I just want to be at my new apartment by myself; it's a good thing I'm moving on Friday, cause I don't think I could tolerate another week of being here without snapping.

cakeonslaught

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36586 on: September 07, 2011, 05:53:11 pm »

This didnt exactly make me sad,but im almost confused to tears, if that makes any sense...

http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=51266

I can't tell if its all sarcasm or what but i think i enjoy it.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36587 on: September 07, 2011, 05:57:19 pm »

This didnt exactly make me sad,but im almost confused to tears, if that makes any sense...

http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=51266

I can't tell if its all sarcasm or what but i think i enjoy it.

I read this and I can't imagine anyone writing this without laughing to themselves the entire time.

This is the highest grade facetiousness I've seen in a long time.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #36588 on: September 07, 2011, 06:02:25 pm »

It's satire.

I couldn't tell one way or the other until the economics bit, but once I got there it was fairly clear.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

cakeonslaught

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36589 on: September 07, 2011, 06:02:38 pm »

i noticed in about the second or third post down, in the picture you can see the guy has a google search open for "gay fat amputee gangbang"...

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #36590 on: September 07, 2011, 06:06:24 pm »

Threatened at work today, incredibly numb, homicide.

Incredibly short version:
Guy is an asshole; wife divorces him for it. Guy thinks it is my fault and seriously threatens me/office staff in office with weapon. I talk to guy and keep him busy. "See if we have any starbursts," tells secretary to call police. Should never have to say it; I do. She does; we know them; they arrive lights off. I fill out police report and refuse to talk about it, pretending to be busy. I'm not brave at all. I'm pretty sure I'm so immensely terrified I can't face it. I want to cry my eyes out and sob but can't feel anything at all. I don't watch TV, but have been staring at it for an hour and haven't turned it on.

Also, a coworker and I knew his family, though the coworker moreso than I.
Dr. Masterson is a far more humane person than I ever could be and I can't imagine his son provoked this. "Voluntary Manslaughter" usually means the victim provoked, instilled heat of passion, or engaged in mutual combat resulting in deadly force. Yes, he could be a hothead sometimes and could've been drunk in a bar, but this doesn't seem like him.

I'm just so very, very numb right now. I might be off to distract myself with alcohol or work. I really don't know.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36591 on: September 07, 2011, 06:11:40 pm »

"Captain" is a good one too.

“Captain Aqizzar” is good, but I like “Commissar Aqizzar” or “Admiral Aqizzar”. The best titles are either rhymes or alliterations.

How about "Conquistador"? I would suggest "Tsar", but, well...

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36592 on: September 07, 2011, 06:13:46 pm »

You mean Aqizzar isn't a honorary title in itself?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36593 on: September 07, 2011, 06:14:44 pm »

You mean Aqizzar isn't a honorary title in itself?
It would be too close. Tsar Aqizzar? AqiTsar. Aqua Tsar, Lord of the Dolphins!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36594 on: September 07, 2011, 06:21:22 pm »

It's satire.

I couldn't tell one way or the other until the economics bit, but once I got there it was fairly clear.

My goodness... I was completely trolled by it, until i saw the 'gay fat amputee gangbang'... i became mildly suspicious, then i looked them up on Wikipedia. Now that I can view it from a satirical perspective, it's bloody hilarious.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #36595 on: September 07, 2011, 06:35:48 pm »

I couldn't make it through the whole post because I thought it was serious. I couldn't even make it halfway.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

cakeonslaught

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36596 on: September 07, 2011, 06:37:07 pm »

There's hours upon hours of entertainment in there. It's a veritable gold-mine.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36598 on: September 07, 2011, 07:01:52 pm »

Threatened at work today, incredibly numb, homicide.

Incredibly short version:
Guy is an asshole; wife divorces him for it. Guy thinks it is my fault and seriously threatens me/office staff in office with weapon. I talk to guy and keep him busy. "See if we have any starbursts," tells secretary to call police. Should never have to say it; I do. She does; we know them; they arrive lights off. I fill out police report and refuse to talk about it, pretending to be busy. I'm not brave at all. I'm pretty sure I'm so immensely terrified I can't face it. I want to cry my eyes out and sob but can't feel anything at all. I don't watch TV, but have been staring at it for an hour and haven't turned it on.

Also, a coworker and I knew his family, though the coworker moreso than I.
Dr. Masterson is a far more humane person than I ever could be and I can't imagine his son provoked this. "Voluntary Manslaughter" usually means the victim provoked, instilled heat of passion, or engaged in mutual combat resulting in deadly force. Yes, he could be a hothead sometimes and could've been drunk in a bar, but this doesn't seem like him.

I'm just so very, very numb right now. I might be off to distract myself with alcohol or work. I really don't know.

How has noone said anything yet? I have no idea what to say that would act as consolation, other than that it must have been a very traumatic experience, and I can assure you things will be alright. I don't know what else to say. I'm sorry.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #36599 on: September 07, 2011, 07:39:02 pm »

@Truean

Goddamn, life is not being fair to you. I'm glad you made it through that.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 2438 2439 [2440] 2441 2442 ... 8156