Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2442 2443 [2444] 2445 2446 ... 8155

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8558949 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #36645 on: September 08, 2011, 07:28:44 pm »

She nearly broke something of my sisters by messing with it "Because it would be funny". Something she's had and treasured since she was 6 years old.

That's just... Mean. Really mean.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36646 on: September 08, 2011, 07:38:49 pm »

As an older sibling, I know how you feel. Well sort of. First it's all "d'aww little kids", but then they can become quite mean. Even if it's, at times, unintentional.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36647 on: September 08, 2011, 08:01:02 pm »

First day of school.

All I can say is my history teacher didn't know who Alan Turing was.

:(
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36648 on: September 08, 2011, 08:01:35 pm »

Life is a bag of shit beat over the head of all the hard work you will ever do.

I'm okay with that. I even had a really good day today. Everything just gets me down sometimes.

Also, I have no friends. Especially online.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #36649 on: September 08, 2011, 08:02:56 pm »

These 13 hour workathons followed by 5 hours of exhausted puttering and 6 hours of sleep are killing me.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #36650 on: September 08, 2011, 08:07:21 pm »

Hmm, I think the death of my aunt has affected me more than I thought it would (I didn't like her very much). Even if (I think) it's mostly due to the reverberations in my immediate family.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36651 on: September 08, 2011, 08:13:29 pm »

I hate my writing assignment in English class. I got to write a lot and there is nothing like a prompt, but I don't think I can get past with the stream of conscious bullshit I did last assignment.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #36652 on: September 08, 2011, 08:18:10 pm »

Speaking of 'gayness', the incoming freshmen use the word "***ot" and the phrase "that's so gay" way too much. I'd like to say that I'm stereotyping from just a few that I've seen, but I have at least one class that's all freshmen but myself, due to weird residual suck from moving states.

Oh well, I'll continue to pretend and be apathetic, it's not like they'd listen to anything I have to say, anyways...they won't even be quiet when the teacher threatens to write people up.

You're not stereotyping, they all do it.  Male high schoolers in general don't know any adjectives other than gay.  Female high schoolers are the same way but with "amazing"
Shoes...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36653 on: September 08, 2011, 08:23:39 pm »

You're not stereotyping, they all do it.  Male high schoolers in general don't know any adjectives other than gay.  Female high schoolers are the same way but with "amazing"

I thought that was just when I was in school, and elementary school at that.  I had hoped it might have died out by now.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #36654 on: September 08, 2011, 08:42:45 pm »

They still do it. I've taken to calling all of them out on it. All of them. Frequent conversations:

"That's so gay!"
"How does [aspect] imply sexual orientation?"
"What?"
"What you're talking about has no biological or psychological gender. It can't be homosexual."
"It's just an expression."
"It's a dumb expression."

Cue awkward stares from all their friends who had just been using it as well. It varies slightly from time to time, but I think some of them are getting (a) message. I hope so, at least. Otherwise this is wasted effort.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #36655 on: September 08, 2011, 08:48:59 pm »

That dies out at my school by freshman year, usually~

Meanwhile, I am no longer capable of whistling~ D:
Goodbye bird calls, you shall be missed~ ;_;

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #36656 on: September 08, 2011, 08:49:46 pm »

My little sister has gotten old enough to have come home from school saying this. I spoke with her about it but I'd imagine she'll just avoid saying it around me.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36657 on: September 08, 2011, 08:54:36 pm »

They still do it. I've taken to calling all of them out on it. All of them. Frequent conversations:

"That's so gay!"
"How does [aspect] imply sexual orientation?"
"What?"
"What you're talking about has no biological or psychological gender. It can't be homosexual."
"It's just an expression."
"It's a dumb expression."

Cue awkward stares from all their friends who had just been using it as well. It varies slightly from time to time, but I think some of them are getting (a) message. I hope so, at least. Otherwise this is wasted effort.

That's...much more effective than me.
Usually it ends up as a "Geez, are you gay?" or "Why do you care?".
:-/

That dies out at my school by freshman year, usually~

While, I haven't noticed it till now, excessively, and I moved in the middle of last year, so this seems to be true so far.

My little sister has gotten old enough to have come home from school saying this. I spoke with her about it but I'd imagine she'll just avoid saying it around me.

Did she know what it actually means? It wouldn't surprise me if at least a quarter of those kids didn't even realize it could be offensive. Maybe I'll go back to trying to convince people not to say it...

To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #36658 on: September 08, 2011, 09:00:58 pm »

That seems to be the effect I get.

That's...much more effective than me.
Usually it ends up as a "Geez, are you gay?" or "Why do you care?".:-/
Well, that example is from when it works. That's only around a third of the time. Most of the time I am either ignored or I get the 'are you gay?" response. To which I generally respond:

"Does it matter?"

Which leads to either

"Yes, then? HURR HURR HURR." or "Uhh......"

I'm glad I give zero fucks about what other people think my sexuality is. Literally.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #36659 on: September 08, 2011, 09:42:58 pm »

Vector, you seem to have a bit of OCD.

you need to do what I did and take that OCD, tie her up, gag her, and dump her in a corner of an unused room in your brain.
Make sure the gag and ropes are asymmetrical.  She'll love that  :o

The room she is in is messy as hell.
Pages: 1 ... 2442 2443 [2444] 2445 2446 ... 8155