Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2443 2444 [2445] 2446 2447 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8572978 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #36660 on: September 08, 2011, 09:55:35 pm »

"It's a dumb expression."

And what does your statement have to do with muteness?

*scurries away awkwardly*
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #36661 on: September 08, 2011, 09:58:55 pm »

I see what you did there. I completely forgot about that meaning of the word, to be honest. Whoopsies.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36662 on: September 08, 2011, 10:05:36 pm »

Vector's comment made the logic centres in my brain arrive at a conclusion she likely did not intend on the appropriateness of language evolution. The opposite direction of her intentions, I believe.

This is not, however, what is making me sad. What is making me sad is that I have been working on homework for more than three hours now, and it seems physically impossible for me to finish it before class tomorrow. This music theory book is laid out like a series of logic problems, and the rate at which I am solving them -- while definitely imparting knowledge and familiarity -- is not going to be enough. And the longer I go without mental breaks, the slower my progress crawls. Meaning I have to get up and walk around after every half a page or I will slow down unbearably.

The worst part is, it was entirely possible for me to be done this by now. This is what I want to do with my life. Why do I still procrastinate? ._.

At least I'm going to do well in all my other classes.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #36663 on: September 08, 2011, 10:28:14 pm »

The worst part is, it was entirely possible for me to be done this by now. This is what I want to do with my life. Why do I still procrastinate? ._.
Because music theory.

Don't get me wrong, I love it and it's fascinating. But jeez sometimes it's like staring at a brick wall.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36664 on: September 09, 2011, 12:12:40 am »

An Augmented 4th/Diminished 5th is the only interval that has exactly five keys between its lowest and highest note. It is a lonely, lonely interval key distinction.

edit: "The easiest way to identify a compound interval is to reduce it down to its simple form within the range of an octave ... In the example below, a perfect 12th is reduced to a perfect 5th by moving the top note down an octave." ---thoughtprocess--> "Wait. How are you doing this math? 8 + 5 is not 12. 8 + 5 is not 12!!!"
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 12:39:38 am by Willfor »
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36665 on: September 09, 2011, 01:54:34 am »

If we were openly dating, or indeed had met more than twice, I would be cheating on a guy, with a girl. I'm not, I'm just being an asshole to him and frankly that's just as bad. This isn't going to be the person I am, I have always said that. And I promise you, random internet dwellers who care about my life about as much as a packet of sardines does, that I will not end up that person. I'm going to have to go to this guy and let him down gently and frankly that's going be the hardest thing I've ever done and the reason for this post. I'm sad. I'm sad I'm going to have to ruin this incredibly nice man's immediate future plans, and I never, ever want to let anybody down, but I need to. Gently.
Just go for it. It's not going to be very hard for someone you've barley met.

... Wouldn't it be more accurate to say that you're cheating on a girl with a guy? Or is the relationship with her just as non-serious?
No, he wants to date me, or at least I'm fairly sure he does, and the next time I saw him I was planning on asking him if we could make it official. The girl knows about all that, which is what made this whole situation ever so slightly bizarre when she basically ended up on top of me. I swear, my life writes itself like a teen soap opera.

{joke}So girls are turned on by gay guys. Pardon me while I go find some hunks to smooch.{/joke}

Seriously though, if it's like that then yeah, this should be easy.

Yeah, it wasn't anything like I thought it would be, though no matter how well he took it I know I hurt him. I never want to have to put someone in that situation again.

Arrrrg, I really am an asshole. I just, I don't know. I guess you never do.

e: to give slightly more information, we'd already talked a lot before hand and decided we liked one another and wanted to see where this went, and we got pretty... intimate, I guess, though not in a crass way, those two dates, so I feel like I've dashed some dreams hardcore here.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 01:58:28 am by Jackrabbit »

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #36666 on: September 09, 2011, 04:34:51 am »

I pretty much read through half of Catcher in the Rye in one sitting~
I feel really fucking tired right now~

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36667 on: September 09, 2011, 04:40:57 am »

Salt. You need something salty.
Reading eats up a lot of the stuff, and leaves you feeling tired afterwards. Sports drinks are a good way to recover.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36668 on: September 09, 2011, 06:17:39 am »

Don't you hate that book?
it's so boring, it kills me.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #36669 on: September 09, 2011, 06:20:02 am »

If you like old books, read 'Master and Margarita'.
It has soooviets :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #36670 on: September 09, 2011, 06:22:05 am »

I'm moving tomorrow.

ohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgod

Jaylow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Fleet
« Reply #36671 on: September 09, 2011, 06:41:16 am »

just made a big fort a few warriors and  made everything of gold
a billion food and drinks, everthing  nice and dwarfis
but I never payed DF with enemies ON..........
never saw a siegs or a super demon come to crush me...
i just always lose intrest afther  i builded up a fort with 80+ dwarf and 8 years pass save and sound

i
History always has a few tricks up its frayed sleeve. It's been around a long time.
Creators aren't gods. They make places, which is quite hard. It's men that make gods. This explains a lot.
One of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather.
This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.

Durin Stronginthearm

• Bay Watcher
  • I can only love spaceships
    • View Profile
« Reply #36672 on: September 09, 2011, 07:13:51 am »

I'm glad I'm not the only person that thinks this. Perhaps you have to be young enough when you first read it to get it.
Quote from: Bill Hicks
I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #36673 on: September 09, 2011, 07:21:13 am »

To be honest, a lot of literature is like that. Teachers, armchair psychologists, and critics just adore a work because of faux-symbolism, "universal themes", or "insight into the HUMAN EXPERINCE!!!!!!!!!" and wind up elevating a work to a stature it doesn't deserve, puttin them alongside works that actually have those things. Of Mice and Men is an excellent example. A solid story, well developed characters, and technically sound writing are all point in it's favour, but it does not deserve to be placed on the pedestal so many Eglish classes give it. I personally know a teacher (who teaches at a small high school, so she teaches all four grades) that spends four years anaylising that one book. Students have to write an essay on, basically, every page of the novel.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #36674 on: September 09, 2011, 08:13:53 am »

I'm glad I'm not the only person that thinks this. Perhaps you have to be young enough when you first read it to get it.

I was around Holden's age when I had to read it. It was a shitful book regardless, in my opinion.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme
Pages: 1 ... 2443 2444 [2445] 2446 2447 ... 8156