Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2776 2777 [2778] 2779 2780 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8609474 times)

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #41655 on: January 04, 2012, 11:24:02 am »

My eyes change color all the time.

They are mostly grey, blue, green or hazel, in any shade, dark or light, vivid or mute.

Though they have been gold at least once that I have noticed.

And it seems like I can change the color at least a little if I stare in the mirror long enough.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41656 on: January 04, 2012, 11:26:18 am »

Paypal 'logic'.
I sold an old French violin to a buyer in Canada, and the buyer disputed the label.
Rather than have the violin returned to me, PayPal made the buyer DESTROY the violin in order to get his money back. They somehow deemed the violin as “counterfeit” even though there is no such thing in the violin world.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #41657 on: January 04, 2012, 11:27:10 am »

That was already posted.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #41658 on: January 04, 2012, 02:53:34 pm »

EDIT: actually, why am I posting this here
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 03:36:29 pm by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #41659 on: January 04, 2012, 04:29:20 pm »

YouTube is giVing me 500 and 502 errors.
Just when I decided to listen to all Lion King songs in all languages.
Again.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41660 on: January 04, 2012, 05:06:11 pm »

My eyes are brown with a gold circle.  Kind of weird, but no one's ever commented.

I've figured out why I keep having nightmares.  I've got "getting to class PTSD."  I'm not even kidding about the basic concept, though PTSD is probably too strong label.  I've been having nightmares nearly every night for probably months about trying to get to class on time, which until very recently would wake me up multiple times in the middle of the night with a big jerk.

Well, it's mild, though, so maybe it'll be over with as early as next semester.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41661 on: January 04, 2012, 05:12:16 pm »

Blegh, back at school tomorrow, and I can't find my USB pen that has all my work on it.
*Hugs*

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41662 on: January 04, 2012, 05:42:57 pm »

My eyes are brown with a gold circle.  Kind of weird, but no one's ever commented.

I've figured out why I keep having nightmares.  I've got "getting to class PTSD."  I'm not even kidding about the basic concept, though PTSD is probably too strong label.  I've been having nightmares nearly every night for probably months about trying to get to class on time, which until very recently would wake me up multiple times in the middle of the night with a big jerk.

Well, it's mild, though, so maybe it'll be over with as early as next semester.

SO I read this, and my brain is all like "You know what you have to do Josh. Call Berkeley's Dean and have them play the sounds of bombs dropping and machine guns firing over the intercom, so when Vector is running to class it sounds like she's running through a WW2-era battlefield."

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #41663 on: January 04, 2012, 05:48:11 pm »

I've been sleeping in really late a lot recently for no reason, but I think I figured out the problem.  I'm depressed.  I don't even want to get out of bed.  My mom has been pressuring me to find scholarships because she wants to save a little money for the upcoming taxes she has to pay in March.  Looking for scholarships and grants always makes me feel stressed.  I'm not sure why.  And now my brother is on a "being as weird as possible" kick because he's gone without his meds for two months and refuses to take them.  Today, mom made me hang up his clothes because he couldn't handle a simple task like that, and when he came out of the bathroom, he laughed and pranced down the hallway in his whitey tighties to where I'd hung his clothes up.  This would be cute if he was like, 10 years old.  He's thirty.  I went back to bed after he did that, and stayed in bed until he left the house.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #41664 on: January 04, 2012, 05:54:37 pm »

returned from vacation. video card blasted by a surge. with the vga driver the computer runs, somewhat.

first time to replace, next month's salary. damn early year expenses.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41665 on: January 04, 2012, 06:26:54 pm »

SO I read this, and my brain is all like "You know what you have to do Josh. Call Berkeley's Dean and have them play the sounds of bombs dropping and machine guns firing over the intercom, so when Vector is running to class it sounds like she's running through a WW2-era battlefield."

Haha, yeah, well, it's obviously not anything like that severe, but I've been trying to figure out why I keep having dreams about the same stupid thing for so long.  I normally only have nightmares for a couple of days after the semester ends, not weeks.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41666 on: January 04, 2012, 07:02:26 pm »

Combined with the worsened stuttering, you may have developed yourself a stress disorder. :/

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #41667 on: January 04, 2012, 07:20:31 pm »

I don't know but getting to class late can be really embarrassing. I was late to school once by only 15 minutes and ended up skipping first class for fear of having all those people looking at me. Admittedly I was quite young at the time but still. If you've any similarly bad experiences that might go some way to explaining it Vector.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #41668 on: January 04, 2012, 07:22:39 pm »

I don't know but getting to class late can be really embarrassing. I was late to school once by only 15 minutes and ended up skipping first class for fear of having all those people looking at me. Admittedly I was quite young at the time but still. If you've any similarly bad experiences that might go some way to explaining it Vector.
Meh it has happened several times to me now, as at the beginning of the year sometimes the bus would be too full for me to enter it (ironically, that same buss is only half-filled nowadays). Luckily that's solved now, but it happened too often for me to be able to skip all those hours.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #41669 on: January 04, 2012, 07:29:14 pm »

I would have been around eleven at the time and in a new school. By the end of that school I was late plenty more times without a problem. We'd moved house so I had to commute by train and they were often late.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands
Pages: 1 ... 2776 2777 [2778] 2779 2780 ... 8156