Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2859 2860 [2861] 2862 2863 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8470082 times)

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #42900 on: February 05, 2012, 06:27:53 am »

Alternatively, an excuse to set up an elaborate alarm system that 'accidentally' fills his bed with icecubes at 4am every morning.
Put those plastic sheets to work!
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42901 on: February 05, 2012, 10:03:06 am »

That sort of chaos in my life would actually make me happy.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #42902 on: February 05, 2012, 10:08:28 am »

That sort of chaos in my life would actually make me happy.
Hard to be bored when everyday life involves hopping on a flying motorbike powered by drum solos to chase a giant flaming goose who just murdered the panda emperor of New Zwaziland with a rubber chicken.

So yeah just another day.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42903 on: February 05, 2012, 02:32:44 pm »

Finnish presidential elections.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42904 on: February 05, 2012, 04:21:36 pm »

What's wrong with the Finns?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42905 on: February 05, 2012, 05:21:40 pm »

Went to have lunch with grandmother and aunt and uncle.  Grandmother never addressed me, including when I asked her questions, other than to ask me to go get her a shawl; when I brought it, she didn't acknowledge my presence.  She didn't congratulate me (or say anything at all) when I'd just come out from doing well on that computer science question on Friday, either.  None of the 60+-year olds tried to engage me in conversation at all, and spent the entire thing talking about things that I had absolutely no experience with and couldn't discuss (home and garden, flights to various places, people's jobs).  My father made sure my mother could succeed in the conversation and held her hand.  I tried to interject and join in on the conversation, but no one ever ran with it.

When we left and I complained, my mother told me to stop being so self-centered, because my grandmother had raised her, and that I could have easily gotten in on the conversation if I'd just bothered (seen anywhere I could get in), and that it was rude of me to even bring it up at all because she'd apparently suffered more.  No one bothered to talk to me until I told them I had to leave and do some homework.  Now my father is consoling my mother, and I'm alone and about to start doing homework.  This was after, as my father and I walked over, he tried his damndest to show me up in computer science and technical work.

So hey, guys, I had a great time and I definitely exist and have value.

(I hate being alive)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42906 on: February 05, 2012, 05:27:47 pm »

My god Vector, your family sound horrible...

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #42907 on: February 05, 2012, 05:32:47 pm »

I definitely exist and have value.
This is true, and surprises nobody. Except these guys I guess? Jeez. It isn't as if you're asking to be the center of attention at all times; being considered a little more worthwhile than a shawl-fetching device isn't really that self-centered a thing to want, I am thinking.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #42908 on: February 05, 2012, 05:40:15 pm »

My grandmother is now almost completely gone. She isn't capable of saying anything at all other than "that's right","I love you" and "I am ready" (ready to die). The only physical movement she is capable of is opening one eye, pointing and eating (barely).
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #42909 on: February 05, 2012, 05:48:34 pm »

I'm sorry to hear that, Nadaka... It sounds like one of the better ways to go, though, if there is such a thing. Are you with her?

Also, Vector. Your parents do still not deserve you.
Love, scriver~

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #42910 on: February 05, 2012, 06:51:37 pm »

Superbowl.  Ugh.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #42911 on: February 05, 2012, 06:51:52 pm »

[hugs Vector] ....

The more I see of many families, my own included, the more I see them failing....

I also nearly had a domestic violence client who smacked his son in the mouth pretty hard for telling him to "fuck off." Guy kept trying to tell me "so and so only got this and his lawyer told him...." Every case is different and just cause "so and so" got X doesn't mean you will.... He also Kept trying to tell me his assault charge for hitting his sister nine years ago didn't count as a prior domestic violence charge to boost him up from a misdemeanor to a felony. It does. It's an enumerated crime under the statute ORC 2919.25 for it, and she was a member of his household too. He also tried to tell me the kid deserved it for saying that to him and more or less that it was corporal punishment, which isn't illegal. While corporal punishment isn't illegal in Ohio, defendant has the burden to prove his corporal punishment was reasonable and appropriate (among other things). Only after defendant does this, does the prosecution have to address the issue so "they have to prove I didn't" doesn't really apply in this case no matter how much you don't like it.... Course, he doesn't wanna hear that. He wants to go to some asshole lawyer who will tell him everything's gonna be ponies shitting rainbows and not guilty verdicts for him, and fuck his kid did deserve it and should've been hit harder.... Who needs the truth...? Meh, what do I know about law...? [sigh] While that defense is possible, the jury won't like you if you're an ass like that and will echo your son's "fuck off."

Summation: "It doesn't count that I hit my sister nine years ago and my damn kid deserved to be slapped even harder," doesn't make a good defense to a jury. Why do I even need to say this? WHY? How does anyone not know this? How am I looked at as the idiot in this situation who doesn't get a client?

I hate my job; I have very little in my life but my job. I am often a terrible person representing terrible people who somehow try not to even pay me.

When I sell my soul, I either get paid or a refund and I'm waiting on either one of those....
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 06:56:40 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #42912 on: February 05, 2012, 08:08:00 pm »

Aarrgh, about 105. So it will fall around 4700, give or take 200.

This is not bad by any means. I'm on the upper half of the spectrum and could pick from a number of specs. Unfortunatedly, it's not good enough for what I want, nor does it measure up to what I expected to get out of this.

So I'll likely end up picking some nearby thing to do for a couple of months (hemato, likely, or internal medicine) and retake next year. Gah.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42913 on: February 05, 2012, 08:08:43 pm »

Superbowl commercials and halftime show when there should be football.  Ugh.
FTFY.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42914 on: February 05, 2012, 08:24:14 pm »

Superbowl commercials and halftime show when there should be football.  Ugh.
FTFY.
Watching the BBC version without commercials. That said, constantly having to cut back to the studio for more analysis when they just did a minutes banter thirty seconds ago gets old quickly.

Probably not in the right mood to watch after two days of the six nations. Tempted to switch over to the Wales v Ireland match I missed earlier.
Pages: 1 ... 2859 2860 [2861] 2862 2863 ... 8153