Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2860 2861 [2862] 2863 2864 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8569643 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #42915 on: February 06, 2012, 02:37:10 am »

Yeah, I'm really sorry for all the family-related issues people are having right now...

-snip-
Vector, you know you're awesome, and entirely deserving of love, respect, and admiration. There's that old adage, "Margaritas ante porkos," about offering valuables to livestock. Pigs don't see the value people place on pearls; their barnyard world comes with a different set of concerns and values. Though a bowl of cheep corn slop would probably go over splendidly, if all you find yourself with are pearls, just content yourself with their disdain and save them for some other time.

To ditch the allegory for a second, not everyone will appreciate things of worth and beauty. This isn't to say your family aren't also good people worthy of love and respect, nor to say that they don't care about you... they're just stupid sometimes for not seeing what an awesome, capable, and talented person you are. Don't let their shortcomings get you down and just keep on rocking, okay?

-snap-
The same applies for you, Truean... though I'd add that there's a lot more going on in your life than your job. I'd bet you're not aware of half the ways in which you've made and continue to make the world around you a better place. You've got a great sense of right and wrong, an admirable attitude toward helping others, and treat your life and your actions with a gravitas that few do. Stick to your principles, and continue to do what's right; you're a rare breed.

My grandmother is now almost completely gone. She isn't capable of saying anything at all other than "that's right","I love you" and "I am ready" (ready to die). The only physical movement she is capable of is opening one eye, pointing and eating (barely).
I don't know what your relationship is with your grandmother, but if it's anything like the one I have with my grandfather, I can begin to understand what you're going through. She said it all already; send her your love, and know that she'll always live on in you. Life's like that.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42916 on: February 06, 2012, 03:48:06 am »

I've been feeling a bit down for a few weeks now and I still don't know why.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42917 on: February 06, 2012, 04:58:17 am »

Urrghhh. It's too hot.
I had a nice, cool shower and now I just feel really lethargic. It shouldn't be this warm and muggy at 7:52PM! D:
I should be doing something, sending e-mails and organizing stuff, updating my RtD, reading a book or even just playing DF... But my brain is just not up to it. :-\ Then again, all I ate today was a sasuage and egg McMuffin. :P That might have something to do with it... Obviously the only solution is coffee. I hope.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42918 on: February 06, 2012, 05:40:05 am »

Starting to feel very uneasy. These aftershocks don't give me a rest. God help us all.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #42919 on: February 06, 2012, 10:50:38 am »

Older brother is having a relapse, he's insisting that some teenagers two houses down the street can read his thoughts or something.  And he believes the entire neighborhood thinks he smells funny and they spend all night talking about him.  >_>;

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #42920 on: February 06, 2012, 11:25:55 am »

My Dad checked himself into rehab this morning.  It's only way he'll be able to see his daughter and probably stop drinking.  He even told me he can't fall asleep unless he's drunk.  ;_;

I also lost every single damn game of cribbage with my Pepere this weekend.  All eight games!

Otherwise it was fun I guess.  I did a lot of stuff.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #42921 on: February 06, 2012, 11:28:47 am »

My Dad checked himself into rehab this morning.  It's only way he'll be able to see his daughter and probably stop drinking.  He even told me he can't fall asleep unless he's drunk.  ;_;
That... isn't that great news?

Best of wishes to you, yeah. With any luck (and a great deal of effort on your father's part) he'll be able to kick the addiction and keep it kicked.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #42922 on: February 06, 2012, 11:30:24 am »

Rehabilitation is not a good thing!  That's like saying you went to the hospital after breaking your foot, you still broke your foot!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42923 on: February 06, 2012, 11:32:11 am »

But better having your foot treated than walking around with a crippled, potentially RUINING IT FOREVER.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42924 on: February 06, 2012, 11:39:32 am »

Rehab really helps some people. AA kicked me out because I'm a very vocal atheist, but hey, it works for most people, especially if it's actual doctors doing the rehabbing. You have to get your own priorities in order before you can be anyone that people can depend on.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #42925 on: February 06, 2012, 11:42:19 am »

Rehabilitation is not a good thing!  That's like saying you went to the hospital after breaking your foot, you still broke your foot!
Um, yeah, the foot's broke. That's sad. Being able to go to the hospital for it is good news. That's (relatively) happy.

When you're badly injured (addicted, in this case), it's usually a really good idea to go get help. That your father was willing and able to go into rehab is a very, very good sign. Or at least the potential for a good sign, if he sticks with it (and the rehab center and support group they've got where you're at is a good one).

The period my own father was in rehab was one of great joy for the family -- and for that period and the period that he was clean, great joy for him, too. Alcohol addiction is a goddamn terrible thing.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42926 on: February 06, 2012, 11:44:24 am »

Yes, yes it is. Good luck, Toony.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42927 on: February 06, 2012, 11:49:24 am »

It almost scares me a little how similar the interactions between Vector and her family are as compared to my significant other and her family, especially her mother.

AA kicked me out because I'm a very vocal atheist

Whaaaaaaat.  What the hell does one have to do with the other?  O_o

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42928 on: February 06, 2012, 11:51:09 am »

Whaaaaaaat.  What the hell does one have to do with the other?  O_o
Have you watched that one South Park episode?

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42929 on: February 06, 2012, 11:58:01 am »

AA kicked me out because I'm a very vocal atheist,
Wait, they can do that? I've always heard the rule is that if you say you are in, you are in. But thinking back I'm probably taking that from Infinite Jest...
Pages: 1 ... 2860 2861 [2862] 2863 2864 ... 8156