Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2863 2864 [2865] 2866 2867 ... 8155

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8555691 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #42960 on: February 06, 2012, 09:28:59 pm »

...Seriously?

That's never, NEVER happened to me.
The closest I got to that was being drunk during a rave party. Some girl threw a beer bottle at the guy next to me for being a sleaze- commenting on her 'outfit'. (Oh come on, she was wearing a diamante bra and diamante hotpants). It hit me and didn't break because it was a damn thick glass one... but i got drenched. She was very, very drunk indeed and tried to hook up with me as an apology for throwing a beer bottle at me.

I remember saying 'Nah, nah I'm alright.'

Twenty minutes later I thought 'I turned down a girl who was trying to come on to me.'
I was torn between thinking 'FUUUUUUUUUUUU---' and 'Well done Reudh, you were a right gentleman.'
I also had to help her do up her bra because she had fallen down after I hopped up. :3

But that's the closest to what MaximumZero is referring to. :P

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42961 on: February 06, 2012, 09:31:36 pm »

Surprisingly, I've never knowingly done drugs. I suspect that a drink or two may have been laced lightly with some illicit substances, but that may have been sleep deprivation, as well. I used to party pretty hard. It's no wonder I have a skunk stripe of grey in my hair, and I'm not quite 30 yet.

I swear, the worst ever was when I woke up in a warehouse, wondering, "Who's couch is this? What is that sme...WHO PUKED ON ME!?"

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42962 on: February 06, 2012, 09:34:13 pm »

...Seriously?

That's never, NEVER happened to me.
The closest I got to that was being drunk during a rave party. Some girl threw a beer bottle at the guy next to me for being a sleaze- commenting on her 'outfit'. (Oh come on, she was wearing a diamante bra and diamante hotpants). It hit me and didn't break because it was a damn thick glass one... but i got drenched. She was very, very drunk indeed and tried to hook up with me as an apology for throwing a beer bottle at me.

I remember saying 'Nah, nah I'm alright.'

Twenty minutes later I thought 'I turned down a girl who was trying to come on to me.'
I was torn between thinking 'FUUUUUUUUUUUU---' and 'Well done Reudh, you were a right gentleman.'
I also had to help her do up her bra because she had fallen down after I hopped up. :3

But that's the closest to what MaximumZero is referring to. :P
She probably thought you pretty though for taking a bottle to the head... Anyway, nice work on being a gentlemen, you had far more moral fibre than I, good sir.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42963 on: February 06, 2012, 09:36:04 pm »

Heh... I feel like such a prude, compared to the escapades of some of you guys! Also, Max, what with your shark-punching adventures and all the rest, you seem to lead a pretty crazy life. How did you ever find time to settle down?

-snip-
That brand of amorousness is all good and fine, but it's not the be-all end-all of relationships. I've had my experience, and what I honestly miss most being single is the excuse to be that close to someone else once in a while.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #42964 on: February 06, 2012, 09:39:44 pm »

Aww you guys, talking about your feelings.

They're so cute at that age...
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42965 on: February 06, 2012, 09:40:39 pm »

I didn't exactly have a choice in the matter, as such one could argue I never really did settle down, I am still filled with small dots of adventure and sleazy escapades floating around forming a suspension. Rather I was quiet cruelly taken from said adventures though ABSOLUTELY NO FAULT OF MY OWN regardless of what others say.

Don't worry, I'm working on it, but progress has been halted by having pretty much nothing to work with.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42966 on: February 06, 2012, 09:44:46 pm »

Solifuge, she started off fine but eventually became rather emotionally abusive.
I could recount the whole story but I don't feel like dredging up silt.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42967 on: February 06, 2012, 09:45:29 pm »

Heh... I feel like such a prude, compared to the escapades of some of you guys! Also, Max, what with your shark-punching adventures and all the rest, you seem to lead a pretty crazy life. How did you ever find time to settle down?
I got out of a relationship where the girl left me for college, her parents kicked me out into the snow on christmas day, I was homeless and perpetually wasted on whatever booze I could get my hands on for anywhere from three to six weeks (I'm not exactly sure how long. I usually just say a month or so.) I scraped together enough money for a tank of gas to drive 700+ miles home, and fell in with some friends who knew friends that liked to party hard. That, combined with even more booze was the perfect distraction, every night for about 6 months, until I met this woman who only asked me to get a job. I guess I felt like I had to grow up, so I did, and in a hurry. I gave up partying and alcohol, 3 months later we moved in together, and the rest is history.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42968 on: February 06, 2012, 09:48:40 pm »

Solifuge, she started off fine but eventually became rather emotionally abusive.
I could recount the whole story but I don't feel like dredging up silt.

I didn't mean to poke at you; I didn't know the circumstances. It just got me thinking, and when I do that I tend to look wistfully out the nearest window, while my hands start typing some sage bullshit and hit Post before I can stop them. :3

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42969 on: February 06, 2012, 09:51:59 pm »

Erg...too many Max...es. So awkward. ;_;

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42970 on: February 06, 2012, 09:52:57 pm »

:P
We could be refereed to as MZ and MW.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42971 on: February 06, 2012, 09:54:07 pm »

But, I'm already MZ! :P Unless people are calling me MaximumHERO, but that's only in case of sharks.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42972 on: February 06, 2012, 09:54:51 pm »

You know, that post pretty much applied to both of you, so yeah! Consider it having been written Maxes, plural.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42973 on: February 06, 2012, 09:55:29 pm »

Max and Max White.

That is how I think of you guys.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42974 on: February 06, 2012, 09:55:43 pm »

Works for me. Awkwardness defeated. We didn't even need monocles and top hats.

Edit: Reference.

Pages: 1 ... 2863 2864 [2865] 2866 2867 ... 8155