Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2864 2865 [2866] 2867 2868 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8471736 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #42975 on: February 06, 2012, 09:58:00 pm »

Solifuge, she started off fine but eventually became rather emotionally abusive.
I could recount the whole story but I don't feel like dredging up silt.

I didn't mean to poke at you; I didn't know the circumstances. It just got me thinking, and when I do that I tend to look wistfully out the nearest window, while my hands start typing some sage bullshit and hit Post before I can stop them. :3

Lol, it's alright Solifuge. You couldn't conceivably of known anyway. :P

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42976 on: February 06, 2012, 10:02:37 pm »

That brand of amorousness is all good and fine, but it's not the be-all end-all of relationships. I've had my experience, and what I honestly miss most being single is the excuse to be that close to someone else once in a while.
Go to a dance club, find a wallflower girl, and make a complete fool of yourself dancing with her. You'll get so close you can feel the bass from the speakers on her skin. :P

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42977 on: February 06, 2012, 10:04:36 pm »

And remember: Don't walk, dance to the dancefloor. The alcohol is there to help with that.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42978 on: February 06, 2012, 10:16:01 pm »

That brand of amorousness is all good and fine, but it's not the be-all end-all of relationships. I've had my experience, and what I honestly miss most being single is the excuse to be that close to someone else once in a while.
Go to a dance club, find a wallflower girl, and make a complete fool of yourself dancing with her. You'll get so close you can feel the bass from the speakers on her skin. :P

This is a mystery I have yet to solve.  Mostly because I've never been to a dance club where every female being on the premises wasn't surrounded by five better looking and/or dancing guys.  And the idea of going "out" by myself somehow strikes me as fundamentally wrong.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42979 on: February 06, 2012, 10:16:56 pm »

I've never found a dance club that I enjoyed. :P

I generally only go to the Mana Bar in Melbourne. I tried Escobar, which wasn't fun. I tried Blitz, which was EFFIN AWFUL.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42980 on: February 06, 2012, 10:23:18 pm »

Now, I've received compliments on my rhythm and utterly not-damn-giving dancing manner, but it's kinda like watching a rare species of epileptic squid trapped outside of its natural habitat. That is to say there's certainly a lot of moving happening, but the flailing and sliding around on the floor is slightly worrisome. Also the bass might have made its brain implode. Damnit squid, you fool! What were you even doing here?

...but no, it's all good. My friends aren't particularly shy, and more often than not we end up assembled into some sort of blanket/pillow/couch pile when watching movies and such. It's like a Casbah... just platonic, and instead of prostitutes in diaphanous silk, there's nerd-girls in tastefully tacky clothing.

Scratch that, it's nothing like a Casbah. It's a communal pile of pillows and blankets. Still, it's cozy!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42981 on: February 06, 2012, 10:25:12 pm »

-On raves, dances, and 'clubbing'

I'll never for the life of me how people can even tolerate large groups of people with loud music playing all the time. Let alone dancing.

Yeah, I've never had fun at any sort of social event like that.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42982 on: February 06, 2012, 10:26:55 pm »

instead of prostitutes in diaphanous silk, there's nerd-girls in tastefully tacky clothing.
Is fine too!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42983 on: February 06, 2012, 10:28:31 pm »

I'll never for the life of me how people can even tolerate large groups of people with loud music playing all the time. Let alone dancing.

It's surprisingly easy to feel totally alone and be in your own little world, even when you're crammed onto a dance floor with 200 other people. Also, the prospects of going home with a hot chick never hurt.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42984 on: February 06, 2012, 10:32:41 pm »

The rave I went to was a joint 18th and 19th for two friends, with a DJ brought to their house. 150 people there. Huge house, huge backyard. Awesome party. SO LOUD.
Then someone managed to break the birthday boy's arcade cabinet he built himself, so he and I spent an hour at 2am while drunk trying to figure out what they'd done to it.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42985 on: February 06, 2012, 10:35:00 pm »

That sounds like a boss party, aside from unfortunate happenings to the furniture.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42986 on: February 06, 2012, 10:39:18 pm »

Alas, another proud fitting lost to the eternal war...

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42987 on: February 06, 2012, 10:49:27 pm »

It's surprisingly easy to feel totally alone and be in your own little world, even when you're crammed onto a dance floor with 200 other people. Also, the prospects of going home with a hot chick never hurt.

It's just a culture that I've always found completely alienating, and every time I try typing it out why, it always becomes offensive for some reason. I certainly don't have anything against people that enjoy it, but even the prospect of 'getting a hot girl' sounds completely disgusting. Completely.

I mean, just look at the picture that Reudh posted. You know what I'd do if I were in that room? I'd walk out of that room.

That's just me though.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42988 on: February 06, 2012, 10:51:45 pm »

It's not for some people, you know? For me, it was always kind of more of the means to an end. Hedonism, yo.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #42989 on: February 06, 2012, 10:52:42 pm »

A woman my sister worked with died today; in childbirth. She already had one child.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.
Pages: 1 ... 2864 2865 [2866] 2867 2868 ... 8153