Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2865 2866 [2867] 2868 2869 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8578259 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #42990 on: February 06, 2012, 10:58:15 pm »

And thus brings your regularly scheduled derail to a screeching halt.

Damn, bro. How's your sister taking it? Hope she's okay.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42991 on: February 06, 2012, 11:02:52 pm »

@kaenneth:

I'm really sorry to hear that.

Other topic: I could barely even start my complex analysis homework this week, either... left it too late again.  I'm honest to god probably going to have to work on this shit 5+ hours every single day for the next three months (on top of all my other homework, and the 5h/day is a very, very conservative estimate).

I hate everything D:
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42992 on: February 06, 2012, 11:13:00 pm »

If I may? Fuck that bullshit. *head asplode*

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42993 on: February 06, 2012, 11:15:33 pm »

'twas a boss party, except the whole 'being drenched in alcohol' part.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #42994 on: February 06, 2012, 11:18:51 pm »

Forgot to post this when I meant to, but on Saturday I found out my grandfather only has a year to live, from liver cirrhosis.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42995 on: February 06, 2012, 11:19:28 pm »

'twas a boss party, except the whole 'being drenched in alcohol' part.
Apparently, you didn't have enough fire at that party.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #42996 on: February 06, 2012, 11:21:55 pm »

Oh yeah, my Sisters OK, but when she mentioned it she also said that she told the person who was telling her not to tell her any more about it... she didn't want to get too upset just before dealing with customers.

Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42997 on: February 06, 2012, 11:23:21 pm »

What the hell is with all the people dying lately? Is there something in the water?

Also, how did we get from "I love you MZ" to "raves!". At least, I think that's the progression... maybe...
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42998 on: February 06, 2012, 11:24:45 pm »

MZlovin > Question about the Max twins' background > exposition involving dwarven quantities of booze > MZ used to party hardy > rave photo > woo raves!

I drew you a map. :P

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42999 on: February 06, 2012, 11:26:12 pm »

* Descan gets lost in copious chest hair.

How did I get here?! Your map sucks!
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43000 on: February 06, 2012, 11:27:29 pm »

It's hypnotic, I swear!

You went and peeked at the photo thread, didn't you? :P

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43001 on: February 06, 2012, 11:29:50 pm »

You can't prove a thing.

* Descan deletes history.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43002 on: February 06, 2012, 11:31:47 pm »

You know, the mood whiplash in this thread is starting to make my neck hurt.
Edit: Also, SnapFiles. :P

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #43003 on: February 06, 2012, 11:48:22 pm »

I really begin to wonder how the hell I'm supposed to fit into social/familial relationships as a GLBT person in Middle America.

A certain friend is 26(?) and she lives at home with her parents while attending college/recovering from a divorce (which I did basically for court costs, gas, etc, only). We get along nicely.

Tonight we were watching Gilmore Girls DVDs cuddled up on the couch. Very Will and Grace ish.... Her mother decided she had, "held her tongue long enough" and basically told me to leave and never come back or talk to her daughter again [she was not exactly polite and I've sanitized it quite a bit]. It appears the problem is that I am a "fagot." Said daughter/my friend tried to stick up for me, but I didn't really want that on account of her current dependence upon her mom/dad and what would happen to her if that went away. I swallowed my pride and basically said, "Yes ma'am," and said goodbye to my friend reluctantly, who said she still thought I was a good friend. I could hear arguing after I left. I'm running lower on friends than I'd like....

I am rather sad right now, for a variety of reasons. I am trying not to hate people and somewhat failing. I have been trying not let things get to me quite so much, to restrain myself and some of the less than wonderful parts of who I am. I am, you see, partially a nice and caring person, and partially a wrathful bitch. I don't like various parts of myself and I am trying to lessen those parts. This is not helping.... In any case, I think I handled it rather well, though I wanted to tell her off in the worst way.... [sigh]

I am very sad and not appreciating having to chose between endangering a friend's living arrangements and correctly stating that someone is being completely and utterly rude for no reason to me. Forget the free legal services that another attorney could've easily charged a few hundreds, perhaps thousands for. I really liked hanging out with her, because she was nice to me. When she introduced me to her parents as a friend and especially as an attorney, well, they liked me. I was seen as charming and I suspect they were hoping I'd date their daughter/that they'd marry her off to some lawyer. Then the whole gay/only likes men/whatever I am thing came up.... Suddenly that all changed....

I really am not getting this. It isn't like I was being flamboyant at all. It isn't like I was wearing a dress or anything. As a matter of fact, I was still wearing a suit and tie from fucking work (because it's not like I'm gonna change or anything). Really? Really lady? Good to know that through being an upstanding member of the community who absolutely won't take advantage of your daughter/has helped her already, I can be considered as worthwhile as a human being. It's lovely to know that through hard work and being a relatively decent person, one can have a basic level of respect and friendship. It's really good to know where I stand, because here for a moment, I was wondering....

I'm going to have some tea and not think questions I might not like the answer to. Those types of questions are dangerous questions, because if you can't come up with a good answer, then you might come up with a bad one or no answer. Questions like "Why do I bother even trying to be halfway decent or honest when I could make so much more being corrupt and inconsiderate?" or "Why try to be polite and respectful to people even when I know or very strongly suspect they wouldn't be to me?" "Or, what the hell is the point?"

I will never ask myself those questions because there's no point in answering them. I've found the only thing one can do is pragmatically assume positive answers to keep going, and when something pisses me off/makes me sad, use it but don't let it turn inward. Unfortunately, I've found it invariably does turn inward to some greater or extent. Hence the jaded.... I am not happy with this and will use that hurt/hatred to fuel some more legal research tonight. That thing that keeps me going after 10 hours of mind numbing reading or when it's nice outside is forcing something positive out of that hate....

I am sad at the loss of another friend due to parental/boyfriend opinion and am not happy about how it happened to say the least.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43004 on: February 06, 2012, 11:51:30 pm »

Go west, young woman.  Pack ye bags and move the fuck into San Fran.  The rest of California is pretty good, actually, but San Fran sounds like the place you wanna be.

We... we could hang out >.,<
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 2865 2866 [2867] 2868 2869 ... 8156