Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3074 3075 [3076] 3077 3078 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8586221 times)

Yannanth

« Reply #46125 on: April 26, 2012, 07:16:07 pm »

« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 05:33:51 pm by Yannanth »

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #46126 on: April 26, 2012, 07:18:19 pm »

I'm waking up in the mornings with this weird gunk keeping my right eye closed. Quite a bit more than usual amounts. My insurance is for Maryland, so I'm kinda depressed looking for free clinics in the city to take a look at this reddening eye.

I had a bit of dog slobber in me eye once, so I spread some Neosporin on my eyelid and skin around my eye (NOT ON MY EYEBALL/INSIDE THE LID, OR SOMEWHERE SILLY LIKE THAT) next day that eye was gunk and grit free.

So, either apply a lil over-the-counter antibiotic around (BUT NOT IN) your eye, or get a dog to drool into it, one or the other seems to prevent gunk build up.

I have never heard reports of gunk on dogs genitals, and they do lick them a lot, so I'm leaning towards the dog drool.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #46127 on: April 26, 2012, 07:20:42 pm »

Go to a liscened optometrist. This has a very high chance of being a dangerous and contagious infection.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46128 on: April 26, 2012, 07:57:37 pm »

I'm waking up in the mornings with this weird gunk keeping my right eye closed. Quite a bit more than usual amounts. My insurance is for Maryland, so I'm kinda depressed looking for free clinics in the city to take a look at this reddening eye.

I had a bit of dog slobber in me eye once, so I spread some Neosporin on my eyelid and skin around my eye (NOT ON MY EYEBALL/INSIDE THE LID, OR SOMEWHERE SILLY LIKE THAT) next day that eye was gunk and grit free.

So, either apply a lil over-the-counter antibiotic around (BUT NOT IN) your eye, or get a dog to drool into it, one or the other seems to prevent gunk build up.

I have never heard reports of gunk on dogs genitals, and they do lick them a lot, so I'm leaning towards the dog drool.

One of the reasons I do not keep such an animal.

Anyway, when Reudh was young, he was allergic to face paint. This often led to infection by conjunctivitis, which sounds similar to what you're describing. It's best to go to the doctor/optometrist/etc of course.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46129 on: April 26, 2012, 08:21:20 pm »

It's just a number, for crying out loud.
But you have to admit, it's kinda an interesting coincidence, I really think it's crazy the Nazis had a weird backwards version of 9/11.
Historical events that occurred on September 11th
Historical events that occurred on November 9th
Lots of stuff happened on those dates. Big deal. Some of them were worse than either event.

In fact, I can't help but notice that your coup is not listed in the second link.
*ahem*
1923 – In Munich, Germany, police and government troops crush the Beer Hall Putsch in Bavaria. The failed coup is the work of the Nazis.

I resent the implication that I need to make up fake history in order to make a connection to the Nazis that probably offends quite a lot of people.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46130 on: April 26, 2012, 08:36:22 pm »

It's not offensive so much as baffling.  As far as I can tell you're trying to link 9/11 and the Nazis because they happen to coincidentally not actually share an important date?

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #46131 on: April 26, 2012, 08:47:58 pm »

The Senators are out of the playoffs too.  Who am I going to cheer for now?

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #46132 on: April 26, 2012, 08:48:47 pm »

Whenever my friend mentions 4/20 I say "Yay! Hitlers Birthday!"
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46133 on: April 26, 2012, 08:55:26 pm »

It's not offensive so much as baffling.  As far as I can tell you're trying to link 9/11 and the Nazis because they happen to coincidentally not actually share an important date?
I dunno, it's just 9/11 has been the source of so much crazy fear and fervour over the years, it just struck me as something incredibly weird and interesting to be reading something about the Nazis and see references to "the ninth of the eleventh".

People who have been paying attention over the years might know that I'm in the habit of occasionally posting crazy stuff like this.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46134 on: April 26, 2012, 09:09:04 pm »

I dunno, it's just 9/11 has been the source of so much crazy fear and fervour over the years, it just struck me as something incredibly weird and interesting to be reading something about the Nazis and see references to "the ninth of the eleventh".
It seems noteworthy to me, and all you did was make note of it. I'm not sure why everyone's making such a big deal out of this.

On another note, I just finished a paper for my math class. It was due two weeks ago. Next up is my three-week overdue English paper. I might do that this weekend.
Oh, and I also had a mental breakdown in class today. That was kind of fun, though. By the end of class I was giggling to myself and my hands were shaking. I have no clue what caused this.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46135 on: April 26, 2012, 09:47:23 pm »

It's just a number, for crying out loud.
But you have to admit, it's kinda an interesting coincidence, I really think it's crazy the Nazis had a weird backwards version of 9/11.
Historical events that occurred on September 11th
Historical events that occurred on November 9th
Lots of stuff happened on those dates. Big deal. Some of them were worse than either event.

In fact, I can't help but notice that your coup is not listed in the second link.
*ahem*
1923 – In Munich, Germany, police and government troops crush the Beer Hall Putsch in Bavaria. The failed coup is the work of the Nazis.

I resent the implication that I need to make up fake history in order to make a connection to the Nazis that probably offends quite a lot of people.
That's because I just realized that I was still looking at the September 11th page. Yet another fuckup for today

Anyway, I'm not offended as much as I'm utterly uninterested. It reminds me of how Armageddon types will go to extreme lengths using numerology to "prove" any date as being the end of the world, usually by making it relate to 666 somehow. It's pointless and doesn't prove anything.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46136 on: April 26, 2012, 10:12:20 pm »

Whenever my friend mentions 4/20 I say "Yay! Hitlers Birthday!"
Now I know how to make all my pothead friends feel bad!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #46137 on: April 26, 2012, 10:19:58 pm »

I had a couple of sad dreams last night. Bleh.
Can you remember them?

The important parts, yes. Neither of them were nightmares, but my subconscious is enjoying reminding me of sad stuff.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46138 on: April 26, 2012, 10:21:09 pm »

Pff, subconscious. Every time that thing tries to take control, I just punch it out and continue running the show. Lucid dreaming, FTW!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #46139 on: April 26, 2012, 10:22:35 pm »

See, when the sad thing is fact that my dream was so happy, I'm not sure what to do.

Man this is starting to sound whiny. I'm pretty much over this, anyways.
Pages: 1 ... 3074 3075 [3076] 3077 3078 ... 8156