Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3076 3077 [3078] 3079 3080 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8567103 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #46155 on: April 27, 2012, 04:07:57 am »

Yeah, my type of bike is actually ridiculously easy to hot-wire. In fact, a friend who has the same one doesn't even bother with a key. But I'd rather not give the lazy bum another excuse not to do anything on it.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46156 on: April 27, 2012, 07:23:36 am »

xkcd.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #46158 on: April 27, 2012, 08:37:51 am »

A) Legitimate diagnosis: Hyperflexibility. Fun fact: I can put my left arm behind my head, my right elbow in the small of my back and grab my forearms above the wrist. Also, even at 215lbs, I can still kick above my head. (Granted, that's not very high...:P)

Woo! Hyperflexible fistbump, bro! (I get mine by way of genetic issues) I can also dislocate my thumbs at will, and bend my fingers back at a 90-degree angle to my palm.

EDIT: Also, xkcd actually made me happy, in that the alt-text says his fiance is doing well. Cancer's not the automatic death sentence it used to be.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 09:04:24 am by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #46159 on: April 27, 2012, 09:47:50 am »

My friend raging at me at school. :(
(not actually about me, he was expressing himself to me, but it wasnt my fault)

EDIT:
Btw, how is hyperflexibility something to be sad about? sounds awesome to have. (well, i dont have it so it could be something very diffrent, obviously. No offense!)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #46161 on: April 27, 2012, 10:15:26 am »

EDIT:
Btw, how is hyperflexibility something to be sad about? sounds awesome to have. (well, i dont have it so it could be something very diffrent, obviously. No offense!)

Well, hyperflexibility tends to be just a symptom of a soft-tissue calcium fixation disorder that usually comes with a host of related issues that aren't so awesome. Like acid reflux (because your diaphragm and gastric valve are also floppy), retinal detachment (because your retinas are floppy...one good jolt and they can just tear loose and float around in there), major vision problems (because your eyeballs are overly flexible as you grow, so they get distorted), pectis excavatum (your ribcage curves the wrong way because bendy bones), and the potential for aortic root seperation (i.e. the big pipe that comes out of the top of your heart just pops loose and you bleed to death internally in about a minute).

So being able to slip out of handcuffs easier is just Nature's little consolation prize for all that.

pseudo-edit: Sorry, that probably came off way harsher than intended.  :-\

EDIT: Oh yeah, and mitral valve prolapse (no real endurance because floppy heart valves means unoxygenated blood "backwashes" into the fresh blood and makes it less efficient)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 10:18:22 am by RedKing »

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46162 on: April 27, 2012, 10:17:35 am »

major vision problems (because your eyeballs are overly flexible as you grow, so they get distorted)
Knew that I shoulda eaten more yoghurt and pudding.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46163 on: April 27, 2012, 10:22:53 am »

And, I mean, its stuff like that where he literally has no excuse. The Republicans couldn't stop him there. He either lied about wanting to back off, or decided it wasn't worth the effort, and either way I'm pissed.

People may remember that I think the Drug War is potentially the single most important issue we face right now (though there are a number of other important issues) simply because it touches, enhances, or causes so many other areas of fucked up governance.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #46164 on: April 27, 2012, 10:50:22 am »

And, I mean, its stuff like that where he literally has no excuse. The Republicans couldn't stop him there. He either lied about wanting to back off, or decided it wasn't worth the effort, and either way I'm pissed.

People may remember that I think the Drug War is potentially the single most important issue we face right now (though there are a number of other important issues) simply because it touches, enhances, or causes so many other areas of fucked up governance.
Wrong thread?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46165 on: April 27, 2012, 10:51:16 am »

Yes, and that makes me sad.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46166 on: April 27, 2012, 10:52:51 am »

You 'n me pal.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46167 on: April 27, 2012, 11:55:44 am »

I also have that annoying 'sternum pops' thing, it started about a year ago as an extension of back pain and has been getting gradually worse.  I'm gonna have it looked at...someday...
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
« Reply #46168 on: April 27, 2012, 12:03:55 pm »

I crack my sternum on a regular basis, like one would crack their knuckles. I'm fairly sure we just all have terrible posture or something simple like that, no horrible illness or anything to that effect.
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #46169 on: April 27, 2012, 12:07:14 pm »

I crack my sternum on a regular basis, like one would crack their knuckles. I'm fairly sure we just all have terrible posture or something simple like that, no horrible illness or anything to that effect.
Dem heavy backpacks man
Pages: 1 ... 3076 3077 [3078] 3079 3080 ... 8156