Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3077 3078 [3079] 3080 3081 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8474048 times)

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #46170 on: April 27, 2012, 12:18:37 pm »

*looks at backpack that usually has an 8 lb laptop, two notebooks, at least one textbook, and a host of other things in it*

Huh... never considered that.
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46171 on: April 27, 2012, 12:30:37 pm »

Note, it might not just be heavy backpack so much as /bad/ backpack. If you're carrying that much weight without at least a chest strap, you're probably screwing things up, yeah.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #46172 on: April 27, 2012, 12:33:40 pm »

Note, it might not just be heavy backpack so much as /bad/ backpack. If you're carrying that much weight without at least a chest strap, you're probably screwing things up, yeah.
Which accounts for most backpacks. I remember purchasing this hiking backpack during high school, god that took most of the load off my back, felt so much better.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 12:37:24 pm by Tellemurius »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46173 on: April 27, 2012, 12:36:23 pm »

Yeah, I can easily carry 20+ pounds in my rigid frame backpack for hours on end without any back issues, (once did 40 pounds and 9 hours, and came out fine), but carrying 10lb a school backpack and I'm feeling like shit in an hour.

It's a shame I've left both my good backpacks, never to be seen again, on the subway.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #46174 on: April 27, 2012, 12:42:04 pm »

the fact that a game (ME3, thread is on this board) with homosexuality in it is suddenly hated for tht fact. I wish people would just learn to live with them. I honestly fail to see why they appear to have the need to complain about something that they don't do ::)

I hate humans.
Dude i just wanted to play a game, if i wanted a dating game i go surf my japanese games.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46175 on: April 27, 2012, 12:44:20 pm »

Then don't date anyone, silly! But most adventures involve love interests! Just be happy its not mandatory - the Final Fantasy games don't even give you an out of their silly dating games.

(Although being to take the burly black guy with a gun for an arm out on a data was hi-larious)

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
« Reply #46176 on: April 27, 2012, 12:47:49 pm »

"Shepard... I think we really have something going here... and I-"
"No"

I repeated this a few times and seemed to have no trouble.
------------------------------------  Sadness  ----------------------------------
Mount and Blade keeps getting hotfixes for bugs I'm not encountering, thus prolonging the period of time until the script enhancer comes out. I just want to play a co-op campaign... that's all I want.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, I always imagined Barrett as Mr. T. Thus the date was infinitely more hilarious.
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #46177 on: April 27, 2012, 05:24:57 pm »

Chill everyone. Being flexible is not an instant synonym of Marfan's, and  I'd be pretty surprised if we suddenly discovered that a significant number of our forumnites are afflicted with that.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #46178 on: April 27, 2012, 05:49:24 pm »

So out of my wife's entire family, there are only 4 that she really likes or is on good, speaking terms with.  There are only two she actually communicates with regularly - her grandparents.  Just found out yesterday that they were enthusiastic Santorum supporters. 

Sigh...

Thinking about it now, I wouldn't be surprised if many of my own relatives were also.  Very depressing to think about.  Makes me kind of glad that I have almost no contact with most of them, so I don't have to know.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46179 on: April 27, 2012, 05:51:07 pm »

Also, I always imagined Barrett as Mr. T. Thus the date was infinitely more hilarious.

Tangent: who didn't name Barret "Mr. T"?
Aerith: "...thank you, Mr. Mr. T!"
Barret: "Who you callin' Mr. Mr. T? That don't sound right!"

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46180 on: April 27, 2012, 05:55:02 pm »

@salmon
Politics is like religion: If you know someone who has a different opinion than you, A) don't talk to them about it unless you know you can debate on amicable terms, B) realize that it should have zero effect on your relationship with them.

I've a couple friends with vastly different political opinions, and we tend to just drop the subject if politics comes up. Works well enough and they're still good friends.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46181 on: April 27, 2012, 06:33:17 pm »

Darvi's avatar was eaten by a killer whale.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46182 on: April 27, 2012, 06:34:55 pm »

No John. I AM the killer whale.

I have also been likened to an elf >:

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #46183 on: April 27, 2012, 06:36:33 pm »

@salmon
Politics is like religion: If you know someone who has a different opinion than you, A) don't talk to them about it unless you know you can debate on amicable terms, B) realize that it should have zero effect on your relationship with them.

I've a couple friends with vastly different political opinions, and we tend to just drop the subject if politics comes up. Works well enough and they're still good friends.

Sure... I can pretend that I don't know after finding out that someone thinks horrible consequences should be enacted on large portions of the population because of their unverified beliefs or because they simply don't like who those people are.  I can avoid ever being in a position where I have to let them know how much I disagree.

But there's no way that can have zero effect on a relationship.  Respect is lost.

I don't disrespect anyone for their religious beliefs (unless they're socially irresponsible with them) nor most political stances.  I don't even hold it against people for being kinda crazy, badly informed, or just products of the culture of their generation.  But there comes a point (and Santorum thoroughly represents it) where your stomach just sinks from the knowledge that someone who is a part of your life actively wishes for such policies to be inflicted on the world.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46184 on: April 27, 2012, 06:48:37 pm »

Well, I don't know your relatives, but if they're anything like mine... about a month back I overheard my parents calling Santorum "the most electable" of the candidates, despite supporting most of Romney's policies themselves. Obviously, they're just repeating what talk show hosts or whatever told them.

It's probable the issues you're concerned about them supporting flew under your relative's radar. So, ignorance. Or if they do know about those issues and still support them, they might not know the full consequences (which would again be ignorance). Ignorance (at least in my world view) isn't a cause for loss of respect unless it's willful.

There are monstrous ideas out there that are good cause for loss of respect toward people who support them supposing they know the full consequences, but I'd give them the benefit of the doubt until I knew for sure where exactly they stand and what they know. And either way, it really shouldn't affect the mood at a kid's birthday party or wherever you happen to see them.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 3077 3078 [3079] 3080 3081 ... 8153