Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3081 3082 [3083] 3084 3085 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8607133 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #46230 on: April 30, 2012, 02:24:06 am »

I've said it before, I'll say it again...

I really hate myself.

That is all.
What happened?
I was born... </melodrama>

My therapist asked me to write a letter, it dredged up a lot of feelings that were best left buried.
If the feelings were dredged up, it means that you were suppressing them instead of dealing with them. Over time, stuff like that festers and rots you away from the inside. Hopefully, this will start to help you heal.

* MaximumZero offers brohugs.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #46231 on: April 30, 2012, 03:08:44 am »

So I've started doing Let's Plays and I just got my first one done, with editing and everything finished. Now that's all well and good, but the file size is huge and I honestly have little to know knowledge of video editing, except that .avi files get fucking big.

So apparently I've got to figure out how to compress the file with little damage to the quality and I have no idea what I'm doing D:

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46232 on: April 30, 2012, 03:34:19 am »

There's these new things called MP4s or something.  It's like MP3 but for video AND it's 1 better.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46233 on: April 30, 2012, 04:06:43 am »

After thoroughly enjoying Batman, so far I'm quite disappointed with Justice League. It's like they pulled out all the B and C plots from the various comics. Last episode I saw was them saving Gorilla City (filled with talking gorillas, natch) from a gorilla supervillain with mind control.

I'm hoping it gets better. I've seen some decent clips from the show; I guess I just have to get past all the crappy stories with aliens and Aquaman and shit. Well Aquaman was kinda cool, cutting off his own arm and all, but the plot in that one was still boring. Also the entire show definitely needs more Batman.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46234 on: April 30, 2012, 04:41:17 am »

I've said it before, I'll say it again...

I really hate myself.

That is all.
What happened?
I was born... </melodrama>

My therapist asked me to write a letter, it dredged up a lot of feelings that were best left buried.
If the feelings were dredged up, it means that you were suppressing them instead of dealing with them. Over time, stuff like that festers and rots you away from the inside. Hopefully, this will start to help you heal.

* MaximumZero offers brohugs.

It feels like awfulness incarnate, such things, but once such feelings are out and gone, it's like a weight has been lifted off you.

One of these things happened to me. I used to be a very unhappy, repressed person; nowadays I'm happy and confident. I went to a therapist for a while.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46235 on: April 30, 2012, 07:54:06 am »

11pm, was about to go to bed, and the council workers decided right now was an absolutely awesome time to start jackhammering the street right outside my bedroom window. ;_;

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46236 on: April 30, 2012, 07:57:51 am »

I feel sick. And hungry. And it's tiring and headache-inducing to haul myself downstairs to cook some instant noodles.

Might as well sleep through the night to prevent myself from feeling that crunching feeling you get from starving.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46237 on: April 30, 2012, 02:12:48 pm »

Someone (who has nearly been sued for harassing a teacher in a previous incident) has posted a public post on their Facebook wall that told my friend to go kill herself. Multiple people have liked it, and were very rude to her today. I am furious, she says not to talk to the person who did it at all, but I'm not sure that I can do that.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
« Reply #46238 on: April 30, 2012, 02:18:23 pm »

You could simply bring it up to the principal and have them expelled for cyberbullying. They take things like that very seriously nowadays because it's a big issue. I wouldn't confront the person head on because that just incites more of the same, but if they truly are a terrible person (I knew a few racist/anti-semite white supremacist types) that deserves to have their life ruined you certainly have the power to do so right now.
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46239 on: April 30, 2012, 02:25:07 pm »

Boss says I'm too stressed after me and him had a dissagreement over how to handle something time sensitive.

Spoiler:  story (click to show/hide)

So now I have a free week off I guess.  Busy as all hell at the shop, so I'm pretty sure this is the worst time to give half the tech staff a week off.  But I guess it's his decision.  Would have been happier if we would have just laughed it off like we usually do when something like that happens, instead of things becoming all insubordination-y.

-----------------------------------------------------------

@quinnr: One reason I don't do facebook.   Isn't there supposed to be all this serious stuff about cyberbullying in schools now?  I got out lucky for social media stuff not existing back when I was in school, but can't somebody in charge be told about that?

Though I suppose that may also not help so much.  Even if someone else reports it, she'll still suffer the backlash.  Might be the same with a confrontation.  I guess it depends on what kind of school it is.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46240 on: April 30, 2012, 02:31:45 pm »

You could simply bring it up to the principal and have them expelled for cyberbullying. They take things like that very seriously nowadays because it's a big issue. I wouldn't confront the person head on because that just incites more of the same, but if they truly are a terrible person (I knew a few racist/anti-semite white supremacist types) that deserves to have their life ruined you certainly have the power to do so right now.

He didn't put her name on it though, it's one of those things where he said something along the lines of "People shouldn't do things if they don't know the whole story and if they do they should go kill themselves." He probably learned from the last time when I sent in an edited picture of a teacher to the vice-principal. I will likely try anyways, he's blocked me on Facebook but his page is public so I just have to log into my brother's account to see it.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
« Reply #46241 on: April 30, 2012, 02:37:33 pm »

Just don't lose sight of the fact that when ya get out of high school the only thing that matters is your grades. I've only been in university for just shy of two years and I really don't care much about anything that happened back then. Sure there were assholes, but I'm just glad that they're working at a fast food joint being forced to respect all the people they hate. And while it's nice to think the world has a sense of justice, the best thing to do is move on.

If I'm not making any sense it's because my heart's beating out of my chest because I'm leaving for a final right now. Good luck with your problem, but I've gotta focus on mine right now =p
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46242 on: April 30, 2012, 02:48:26 pm »

That's not the only things that matter that you get out of high school. Extracurriculars can be a big deal, learned skills, and even good friends.

But enemies? No, people who treat you like shit tend to either disappear or mellow out as they get older.

(Not that drama ever stops, but at least it tones down... and honestly, this sounds a lot more like typical passive-aggressive drama than cyberbullying, but I don't know the whole story)

Yannanth

« Reply #46243 on: April 30, 2012, 02:50:15 pm »

« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 05:29:12 pm by Yannanth »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46244 on: April 30, 2012, 02:54:49 pm »

Trying to learn all of the hiragana by heart. Playing through a Memorization game on the DS:

Me: I Just can't remember what this one character is. Brain, gimme the answer!

Brain: Sorry bro, I'm full of fuck.
Pages: 1 ... 3081 3082 [3083] 3084 3085 ... 8156