Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3641 3642 [3643] 3644 3645 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8578036 times)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #54630 on: October 22, 2012, 12:56:21 pm »

Chai latte(tea milk) = hip =????

What is so hip about putting milk in your tea, is there so oddity to this that makes it hip? is not drinking tea and milk the normal way of doing thing or has normal being inverted?
It's more than just milk, it's cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, etc. Admittedly, the word chai is just Russian for "tea", but that's what they latched onto to call this concoction.
Actually the word chai for tea shows up in several languages (Russian, Arabic, Urdu, and Turkish to name some of the bigger ones). The original origin of the word is from the Persian چای chay, where it picked up the persian suffix -yi before spreading outwards.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #54631 on: October 22, 2012, 01:14:43 pm »

I also don't mind sharing since whupidedoo. I get to drink some of your spit; the horror. Just so long as you don't have a cold or something, it's fine by me. :P

As I understand it, you're essentially all making out with each other at this point. Which is why it's awesome.

But that it is as I understand it, and I don't enjoy kissing so apparently I'm just weird. Not a fan of sex or kissing, don't enjoy hugging much...spooning in bed is alright I guess but nothing special. You know what, I'm probably not very well suited to intimacy as a whole XD

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54632 on: October 22, 2012, 01:16:22 pm »

You're some sort of inhuman monster, Morley :P

Or maybe we're the monsters and you're sane.

* kaijyuu shrugs.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54633 on: October 22, 2012, 03:50:34 pm »

I remember when I tried that.

...I really need to do that again. I was honestly so much happier.

* GlyphGryph sighs.

Too many obligations at the moment, though. Because distracting time-wasting and misplaced obligations are what bay12 is made for.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54634 on: October 22, 2012, 04:19:59 pm »

I remember he started posting again (you never leave bay12) everyone was so happy!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #54635 on: October 22, 2012, 04:22:57 pm »

I'm never happy. The dark and rainy miasma of my soul is so depressing that all happiness is sucked into it like a vortex and devoured by my inner demons, so I just sit here, flicking my hair and being apathetically depressed. But don't act like you understand me, you don't understand me at all, you look at me with your false smile and deceptive eyes, but I see what you are, I see the truth.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54636 on: October 22, 2012, 05:15:07 pm »

It's a sort of good sad, but stories like this one get to me.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #54637 on: October 22, 2012, 05:26:12 pm »

It's a sort of good sad, but stories like this one get to me.
Wow. That... that was certainly good sad, very much so. Thanks for linking it.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54638 on: October 22, 2012, 05:44:13 pm »

Turns out that I forgot to do my online training this month. :(

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #54639 on: October 22, 2012, 09:13:32 pm »

I'm never happy. The dark and rainy miasma of my soul is so depressing that all happiness is sucked into it like a vortex and devoured by my inner demons, so I just sit here, flicking my hair and being apathetically depressed. But don't act like you understand me, you don't understand me at all, you look at me with your false smile and deceptive eyes, but I see what you are, I see the truth.
oh shit!

he realised I'm the fap demon sent by Cthulhu to turn the world into an orgy so he could take it over easily!
Apparently he realized me.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #54640 on: October 22, 2012, 09:42:48 pm »

oh shit!

he realised I'm the fap demon sent by Cthulhu to turn the world into an orgy so he could take it over easily!
Then what am I the Harbinger of?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54641 on: October 22, 2012, 09:44:37 pm »

oh shit!

orgy != fap into the wind
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #54642 on: October 22, 2012, 10:00:15 pm »

What in the hell are ya'll talking about?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54643 on: October 23, 2012, 12:14:55 am »

oh shit!

orgy != fap into the wind
It's...pretty much the opposite of that, actually.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54644 on: October 23, 2012, 12:22:38 am »

Sudden crushing depression followed by lots of memories of childhood embarrassments flooding back. I really wish I'd forget those already.

On a weird, not sad note, I think I figured out why I was so awkward around one of my 7th grade teachers: I had a crush on him. I honestly had no clue why I wanted to impress the guy so much back then. It was a source of much embarrassment when I couldn't even speak to him coherently (which is why I'm thinking about it now).
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 3641 3642 [3643] 3644 3645 ... 8156