Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3928 3929 [3930] 3931 3932 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8565809 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #58935 on: March 11, 2013, 05:13:02 am »

Do we have regulars that are just in the games forums? Is there an entire community that I don't even know about because I'm never role playing?

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #58936 on: March 11, 2013, 05:14:38 am »

It's like Neverwhere! Sometimes you get people who are inbetweeners, but most of the time you just find people who have like five posts in the DF forums then discover forum games and never leave.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #58937 on: March 11, 2013, 05:17:30 am »

Ooh, is it like how Keeping Up With Bay12 was a really good freeform RP, then a load of others came and went and it ended up becoming more and more kinda confusing and hard to keep track of, or did it end with a happy ending and people have been trying to recreate it since?
Eventually the universe just exploded. It has a sequel, though.

Do we have regulars that are just in the games forums? Is there an entire community that I don't even know about because I'm never role playing?
Yes. Yes there are. It's like Wonderland down there: down the rabbit-hole...
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58938 on: March 11, 2013, 05:20:48 am »

That is just creepy.
It is like learning that there is a mirror reality where people have long noses and your house has become a bomb shop.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58939 on: March 11, 2013, 05:22:52 am »

More like learning you're in an urban fantasy novel and that there's vampires, mages, and zombies all living around in secret. Quite a good metaphor, thinking about it, since RPs and that...

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58940 on: March 11, 2013, 05:23:20 am »

That is just creepy.
It is like learning that there is a mirror reality where people have long noses and your house has become a bomb shop.
Trust me, the proceedings in forum games make dorfs look sane.
Sig! Onol

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58941 on: March 11, 2013, 05:25:06 am »

Except for the mafia board. That's all just talking about whom to kill for lunch.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58942 on: March 11, 2013, 05:27:07 am »

I bet Toady's going to delete the thread, Max White is just going to disappear, and everyone will forget again that there is a forum games and roleplaying board community hiding away beneath the skin of the forum. Except us, we'll be rubbing our hands as Max White types in his application for an RTD and post "Welcome, buddy!".

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58943 on: March 11, 2013, 05:28:49 am »

I bet Toady's going to delete the thread, Max White is just going to disappear, and everyone will forget again that there is a forum games and roleplaying board community hiding away beneath the skin of the forum. Except us, we'll be rubbing our hands as Max White types in his application for an RTD and post "Welcome, buddy!".
Wouldn't be the first time that happened. I'm only here after being banished for misuse of biomancy.
I advance our knowledge of city destroying giant slugs forwards by at least twenty years and this is how they repay me!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58944 on: March 11, 2013, 05:30:41 am »

Wouldn't be the first time that happened. I'm only here after being banished for misuse of biomancy.
I advance our knowledge of city destroying giant slugs forwards by at least twenty years and this is how they repay me!
All you have to do is take your problem ... and push it somewhere else!
Sig! Onol

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58945 on: March 11, 2013, 05:32:34 am »

Tell me about it. Yeah, I'm a mad scientist, that doesn't make me a mad scientist, that's just my job title. It wasn't my fault that I unleashed a zombie plague on Detroit, I just wanted a testing area that was large and that no-one would care about, and Detroit fitted the parameters! A thousand people died and it didn't even reach the news, so my point was proven anyway. I had to take a bloody boat back to Ireland because they put me on the no-fly list due to me being a "bioterrorist" or some madness like that. Next time, I'm just going to unleash my various experiments on Limerick. That's much safer and the Garda wouldn't notice like your bloody police do.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58946 on: March 11, 2013, 05:38:08 am »

And don't even get me started on how restrictive the Mt Rushmore people are. So what if I want to animate it and turn it into an unstoppable 4-headed golem? I thought you guys liked weapons!
Sig! Onol

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58947 on: March 11, 2013, 05:43:15 am »

I simply do not understand why the military complex rejected the zombie plague, even though it was only stopped by a carpet bombing and was 100% effective in further test runs, on the basis of it being "morally insane"! I'm awfully tired of people calling me mad.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58948 on: March 11, 2013, 05:43:48 am »

God, some people think the apocalypse will cause itself...

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #58949 on: March 11, 2013, 05:53:22 am »

Last night was not a good night.

That must've been a really bad night.  Wanna talk about it?

Sigh. I did a decent amount of sorting shit out, and it's not as bad as I thought it was. Let's just say that hallucinogens aren't good in bad situations, and when one person starts throwing up everywhere and your roommate comes in and is traumatized and acting like she's been raped, it's a bad situation.

Luckily I'm pretty sure some creep in a club just picked her up (literally), carried her over to a wall, pushed her up against it, and started groping her or something. I think she got away before anything too dangerous happened. But she was pretty damn drunk and I was pretty messed up, and I'm not sure how I managed to take care of her.
Pages: 1 ... 3928 3929 [3930] 3931 3932 ... 8156