Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3930 3931 [3932] 3933 3934 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8471754 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #58965 on: March 11, 2013, 08:51:11 pm »

No 7/11 or similar within easy walk of my house though. I'm just drinking heavily diluted cordial with ice in it, which should help somewhat. it neve occurred to me how tough it is to spell things correctly wheni have amigraine.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58966 on: March 11, 2013, 08:52:55 pm »

I feel old.
Well don't worry, you've still got all your best years behind you.

Uh.  Thanks.  Yer a real pal.

I'm so tired of this.  I just don't want to deal with it anymore... it doesn't seem worth it.  Maybe I'll just focus on making beautiful things and go out in a blaze of glory.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #58967 on: March 11, 2013, 09:01:16 pm »

I feel old.
Well don't worry, you've still got all your best years behind you.

Uh.  Thanks.  Yer a real pal.

I'm so tired of this.  I just don't want to deal with it anymore... it doesn't seem worth it.  Maybe I'll just focus on making beautiful things and go out in a blaze of glory.
*Internet hug*

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58968 on: March 11, 2013, 09:02:48 pm »

Sorry, I did want to put "ahead of you" then I thought about it, thought it seemed like an incredibly trite statement, and then decided to make a joke out of it instead.

Honestly, how old you feel is less a matter of age then it is a matter of mentality, there are people who are 60 years old that act younger than some teenagers. The trick as I understand it is to focus on the things in front of you rather than the things behind you.

For example, in front of me right now is an adorable black cat trying to climb into my book bag. Why is it doing this? Will it fit in the bag? It's the mysteries of the universe like these that keep driving me onward.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58969 on: March 11, 2013, 09:10:53 pm »

*hug*

I wouldn't mind at all if he weren't still treating me like I was an immoral shitstain who he can't be in the same room as, and now he either a. has a girlfriend or b. is bringing her to our dorm cafeteria to eat on an early date (wow, that's a bad idea or someone's poorly constructed attempt to make me feel jealous) and has continued to treat me nasty.  I don't feel jealous.  I feel sad that saying "hey, I don't like the way you're treating me" is seen as a casus belli.

I really just... I just want to be done.  As I said.  Blaze of glory.

The trick as I understand it is to focus on the things in front of you rather than the things behind you.

I don't really know what's ahead of me to look forward to.  Right now I'm in a tiny, filthy room, getting ready to do a bunch of busywork.  World ends with whimper, not bang, etc., fizzle, fft.

I'm fine, I'm just bored, you know?  This guy is getting really boring.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58970 on: March 11, 2013, 09:20:11 pm »

No, not forward, in front of you.
Try not to focus on the future or the past too much, but to focus on the present, living for the future really sucks, especially when the future is so uncertain, so try to find things in the right now that will give you joy, vigour, motivation, drive, energy, PP, or whatever you need to make you tick.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58971 on: March 11, 2013, 09:22:54 pm »

Yo Vector, why not simply remove yoursellf from him

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58972 on: March 11, 2013, 09:25:18 pm »

I tend to mock people who annoy me like that. >_> Like, being really cheerful to see them and taking everything they say as gushing praise.

I ... don't think it works that well, though. Wouldn't recommend it.

Fun, though!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58973 on: March 11, 2013, 09:29:29 pm »

By... moving out of our dorm mid-semester?  By... not eating in the dining hall, and instead subsisting on cereal and restaurant food my parents won't pay for for the rest of the semester?

I tend to mock people who annoy me like that. >_> Like, being really cheerful to see them and taking everything they say as gushing praise.

I ... don't think it works that well, though. Wouldn't recommend it.

Fun, though!

It's been maybe five months since we broke up.  There's just no point in trying to make light of it, pretend it isn't happening, being nice, whatever anymore.  It's just boring, now.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58974 on: March 11, 2013, 09:31:47 pm »

Well, no, it's something you have to have done from the very beginning to be effective.

That is to say, it's not effective at all.

But still, very beginning!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #58975 on: March 11, 2013, 09:34:30 pm »

*hug*

I wouldn't mind at all if he weren't still treating me like I was an immoral shitstain who he can't be in the same room as, and now he either a. has a girlfriend or b. is bringing her to our dorm cafeteria to eat on an early date (wow, that's a bad idea or someone's poorly constructed attempt to make me feel jealous) and has continued to treat me nasty.  I don't feel jealous.  I feel sad that saying "hey, I don't like the way you're treating me" is seen as a casus belli.

The trick as I understand it is to focus on the things in front of you rather than the things behind you.

I don't really know what's ahead of me to look forward to.  Right now I'm in a tiny, filthy room, getting ready to do a bunch of busywork.  World ends with whimper, not bang, etc., fizzle, fft.

I'm fine, I'm just bored, you know?  This guy is getting really boring.

You and I have opposite worldviews,  but I will tell you this with no motivation to lie about it:

You are not a terrible person. I know terrible people, on certain several days, I'm a terrible person. You are not.

"It takes one to know one. I do not recognize you."

Anybody who treats you as a terrible person is a jackass and incidentally wrong.

It will hurt if you loved or even liked him, if he doesn't like you, but it will lessen with time. It will suck but you will carry on and at some point, find another, better man.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #58976 on: March 11, 2013, 10:19:29 pm »

I feel sad that saying "hey, I don't like the way you're treating me" is seen as a casus belli.

So why don't you do it? Clearly the situation isn't resolving itself on it's own. If he was just ignoring you, I'd say to just ignore him back, but he's been actively treating you like crap, and you should make him answer for it. And I mean literally answer for it, as in point out what he's done to you and ask what makes him think he has the right to do that to you.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58977 on: March 11, 2013, 10:27:22 pm »

Look, how do you say "stop glaring at me pointedly when I'm sitting with your friends and walk by to the back of the room really, really slowly" or "stop going up to the cash register and asking if your order's ready yet if I happen to walk into the same cafe?"  It's ignoring with a mean edge attached to it.  Just plain ignoring is cool, I don't care.  This feels really weird.

I can't talk to him because the one time I did say hi, he flinched and looked... revolted.  I'm not talking to that dude.  It's not worth it.

He's doing this because I broke up with him and had irrevocable evidence that he'd done me wrong and kept doing me wrong despite my continued requests that he treat me differently.  Honestly, I try not to go "hey, that guy is just plain fucked up" the way I used to, but I'm having a hard time understanding why he's using exactly the same techniques as he does on people who are literally proven sexual predators.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58978 on: March 11, 2013, 10:31:34 pm »

By... moving out of our dorm mid-semester?  By... not eating in the dining hall, and instead subsisting on cereal and restaurant food my parents won't pay for for the rest of the semester?

I see your point.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #58979 on: March 11, 2013, 10:32:04 pm »

It sounds like he's a bit self-obsessed or something. Like, he's thinking, "How could she break up with ME? I'm awesome, there must be something seriously wrong with her. She must be a freak." Which is highly narcissistic if it's the case, and highly wrong if it's the case.

It's not worth it to talk to him, you're right. Just ignore him. Eventually he'll be out of your life, and in the meantime, you might have to deal with him being an ignorant douche-nozzle all the time, but you're better off without him and you're better off taking the high ground and ignoring his dumbass bullshit.

Because you're awesome, Vector. :)
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 3930 3931 [3932] 3933 3934 ... 8153