Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3936 3937 [3938] 3939 3940 ... 8155

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8556148 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #59055 on: March 12, 2013, 08:53:32 pm »

I should IRC you people some time. Especially considering I was doing IRC when some of you weren't even single-celled yet.  :-\
SCIENTIFICALLY SPEAKING, a female has all the eggs of her children since the time of her birth, so a person would have to be a teenage son of a teenage mother for you to be even BORN before they were single-cell. And my mom was born in 1962, which puts the age for you to have been doing IRC at at least 50. They did not even have IRC in the 1960s. Only Ballistic computers.

SCIENTIFICALLY SPEAKING, you are only 'you' from when you are fertilized into a diploid, 2n cell. A female only has haploid 1n cells from birth. :D

Philosophically speaking, there is no you. Only a total of all the components of you and all the total summation of the past which was you.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #59056 on: March 12, 2013, 09:12:29 pm »

My great grandma is very ill.  :'(
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #59057 on: March 12, 2013, 09:39:24 pm »

I should IRC you people some time. Especially considering I was doing IRC when some of you weren't even single-celled yet.  :-\
SCIENTIFICALLY SPEAKING, a female has all the eggs of her children since the time of her birth, so a person would have to be a teenage son of a teenage mother for you to be even BORN before they were single-cell. And my mom was born in 1962, which puts the age for you to have been doing IRC at at least 50. They did not even have IRC in the 1960s. Only Ballistic computers.

SCIENTIFICALLY SPEAKING, you are only 'you' from when you are fertilized into a diploid, 2n cell. A female only has haploid 1n cells from birth. :D
This could be a long-lasting argument, in and of that a individual exists when and to what extent, but I have not enough time to make it.

How old is she?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Alnos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59058 on: March 12, 2013, 11:01:56 pm »

Why does it keep getting worse?!

It must be the biggest disappointment since Diablo 3. :/

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #59059 on: March 12, 2013, 11:10:49 pm »

SCIENTIFICALLY SPEAKING, a female has all the eggs of her children since the time of her birth, so a person would have to be a teenage son of a teenage mother for you to be even BORN before they were single-cell. And my mom was born in 1962, which puts the age for you to have been doing IRC at at
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
My argument is just that what is your genetic material pnly is assembled at fertilization. Before that, you're just a infinitesimal probability. :/

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #59060 on: March 12, 2013, 11:52:08 pm »

How old is she?

Shes 95. She just passed away.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #59061 on: March 12, 2013, 11:53:59 pm »

How old is she?

Shes 95. She just passed away.
Awww, that sucks dude. My condolences.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #59062 on: March 12, 2013, 11:57:12 pm »

I'm sorry for your loss. My grandparents, both sets, died but I only attended and remembered one due to three dying before or within a few years of my birth. The one whose funeral I attended was my grandmother too.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #59063 on: March 12, 2013, 11:58:07 pm »

I'm lucky in the sense that most of my grandparents were bitter assholes, so it wasn't a big deal when they died.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59064 on: March 13, 2013, 02:14:22 am »

Bluh. Those days when I have to get up at 6am...

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #59065 on: March 13, 2013, 06:17:40 am »

That happened to me today. It's really bloody irritating cos I just sorted out my sleep schedule too.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59066 on: March 13, 2013, 06:19:01 am »

Bluh. Those days when I have to get up at 6am...
It's worse when you have to do that, but can't get to sleep until about 3am...
I'm in the same situation right now.  But it's worse because I can't go back to sleep due to having to wear my NJROTC uniform due. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #59067 on: March 13, 2013, 08:53:28 am »

Ugh. Major high muckity-mucks coming through the office today (as in two steps down from the Attorney General). Everybody's all dressed up and once they show up, ixnay on anything like forum browsing. REALLY hoping they don't want to engage me in inane chatter just to make themselves seem human. I don't do small talk.

Conversely, hoping they don't ask my opinion on how to improve things around here. They would not like my opinion.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #59068 on: March 13, 2013, 09:11:32 am »

Cutting the power's not an option, I suppose.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #59069 on: March 13, 2013, 09:17:08 am »

Sadly, no. I considered calling in sick, but I need the hours. Plus, too much to get done.

Just in general, I try to keep my distance from people in positions of serious authority. I have a low bullshit threshold and a nasty tendency to give my honest opinion when it's asked. That typically doesn't go over well with people way up the food chain.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 3936 3937 [3938] 3939 3940 ... 8155