Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3937 3938 [3939] 3940 3941 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8619936 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #59070 on: March 13, 2013, 09:20:25 am »

More of a "Made me sad these last 3 weeks"
One day I was sitting at the PC doing PC stuff. When suddenly I get a sensation of feeling like I was kicked in the balls. And I don't mean a accidently kick feeling, I mean like someone was trying to end any possibility of me reproducing kick in the balls feeling...
I went to the hospital where they could only assume that it was a Twisted Testicle. Which for anyone that doesn't know, can happen at any time to any male around the age of 20 and up. Because I live in a smallish town I had to be transferred to a bigger hospital in a ambulance (My first and hopefully last trip in one) where I ended up spending around 5hrs waiting for a damn Ultrasound of my Balls to see what was happening and if I needed to have surgery to get them untwisted, by that time though the pain had long gone and they said they had untwisted but slightly inflamed due to the pain. Hey great news right, mind you I needed like 3 helpings of Morphine and a lovely amount of Happy Gas to numb the pain while waiting for the ambulance that took an hour to arrive for some godly reason....

Anyway, I went back to work later that week, finding myself in great pain due to the bending and heavy lifting of my job I went back to the doctors who gave me another week off. So that was two weeks off... During that time I felt a little pain in my lower back and sides but they disappeared during the time and I felt great and ready to return to work again... WRONG...

The lower back and sides acted up majourly, I was able to get through my shift but I had slowed down badly and one of my Co-Workers put some Deepheat (Medical Gel thing that soothes muscle pain in case you didn't know). I came home ok that night but bam it started acting up again moments after lieing in bed that I ended up having to get a Coldpack out of the freezer to stop the pain...

Went to the doctors again, lower back starting to act up again, feeling chills and a slight nausia due to not really having breakfast yet and then suddenly being told that I might have a Kidney Stone. So I had to fast and drink over a Liter of water for both a Bladder Ultrasound and a damn Katscan to find the damn thing (I am a bit overweight so it was hard at first). Turns out I do have one. Now I am in pain whenever I need to "Break Water" as it keeps trying to pass the thing and I haven't been to work in 3 weeks, which is driving me batshitinsane and slightly out of shape too cause if I start moving around the pain starts coming back slightly but not enough for them to put me through quickly to get it removed. AND CAUSE ITS THE 3RD WEEK OFF I have to get a doctors note saying I can resume work...

I have a feeling that this Stone has been the cause of all my problems for the last 3 weeks. And it was never a Twisted Testy, my boss did not look quite happy with me last week when I handed in the doctors note saying I had to take ANOTHER week off so I am not in good books there, and I slightly feel that my body is making me "cry wolf" nearly half the time...

Also... Doctor's Bills are expensive... Yay reducing Bank Balance...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #59071 on: March 13, 2013, 09:30:32 am »

Kidney stones SUCK. Feel for ya, dude.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #59072 on: March 13, 2013, 09:32:36 am »

The way you capitalized Twisted Testicle makes me think it'd be a great name for a gay metal band.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #59073 on: March 13, 2013, 09:33:30 am »

The way you capitalized Twisted Testicle makes me think it'd be a great name for a gay metal band.
I'd google it to see if there's already a band out there, but....y'know. Google Image search is a hell of a thing.  :'(

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #59074 on: March 13, 2013, 09:34:43 am »

I'd google it to see if there's already a band out there, but....y'know. Google Image search is a hell of a thing.  :'(
Meet the Twisted Testicle Tinglers

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59075 on: March 13, 2013, 09:36:00 am »

Why does it have to be a Gay Metal Band. I have seen worse...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59076 on: March 13, 2013, 10:27:13 am »

Having personally experienced kidney stones, I can definitely empathize with you, Neyvn. I really hope it passes fast for you.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59077 on: March 13, 2013, 11:24:19 am »

ignore this post

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #59078 on: March 13, 2013, 11:27:54 am »

I'm giving it my complete attention. Your move, lagslayer.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #59079 on: March 13, 2013, 11:39:01 am »

I should IRC you people some time. Especially considering I was doing IRC when some of you weren't even single-celled yet.  :-\

Ah, the nostalgia for IRC in 1996.  I'm right there with you, RedKing... unless you're going to trump me with IRC of '94-95.

Just in general, I try to keep my distance from people in positions of serious authority. I have a low bullshit threshold and a nasty tendency to give my honest opinion when it's asked. That typically doesn't go over well with people way up the food chain.

I can also relate so much to this.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #59080 on: March 13, 2013, 12:51:49 pm »

I should IRC you people some time. Especially considering I was doing IRC when some of you weren't even single-celled yet.  :-\

Ah, the nostalgia for IRC in 1996.  I'm right there with you, RedKing... unless you're going to trump me with IRC of '94-95.

Yes, actually. Spent many a morning on-staff manning the student computing labs (Mmmm....486 DX2/66's FTW) and passing the time on Undernet. And MU*s. BattleTech 3056 MUSE was a huge timesink as I recall.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 01:04:45 pm by RedKing »

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #59081 on: March 13, 2013, 12:57:47 pm »

Just looked... IRC is older than I realized...
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59082 on: March 13, 2013, 01:00:39 pm »

I'm giving it my complete attention. Your move, lagslayer.
If you insist...

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59083 on: March 13, 2013, 01:01:23 pm »

You can tell, because they called it Internet Relay Chat. Goodness only knows what they'd call it today.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #59084 on: March 13, 2013, 01:15:38 pm »

You can tell, because they called it Internet Relay Chat. Goodness only knows what they'd call it today.
A few guesses:

Facechat.
Instatalk.
Google Chat.
sTalker.
Faporama.

I mean, where the hell did "Omegle" come from?

Bonus amusement: Our student computing department at uni was called IRC (Internet Resource Computing). It was fitting because we spent 90% of our day on IRC.

This was before the Interwebz. And even after NCSA Mosaic debuted, there really wasn't much reason to go look at webpages. I remember saying, "Who the hell would want to waste their time loading up all these graphics in their client? I'd much rather use Lynx or gopher to find the information, download the image to my computer, and then view it later!"

...I'm pretty awful at predicting technology trends. In general, whenever there's been a point of technology divergence where one branch died out...I was an adopter of the dead branch.

I had a Cyrix CPU with an iOmega ZIP drive, an Aureal A3D sound card, a 3dfx video card, and I used it to store MOD music. It's like a shrine to failed technologies. I should have made a video of it. On Betamax.

Pages: 1 ... 3937 3938 [3939] 3940 3941 ... 8156