Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3970 3971 [3972] 3973 3974 ... 8155

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8550801 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #59565 on: March 25, 2013, 01:33:35 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59566 on: March 25, 2013, 01:37:51 am »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #59567 on: March 25, 2013, 01:43:48 am »

« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 01:46:34 am by MetalSlimeHunt »
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59568 on: March 25, 2013, 01:48:19 am »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #59569 on: March 25, 2013, 01:49:25 am »

No Gods, No Masters.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #59570 on: March 25, 2013, 01:50:17 am »

So many spoilers.
I clicked one and now I'm spoiled forever ;_;

Never mind the fact that I don't know what you're talking about. Maybe label the spoilers as "[story name] spoilers"?

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59571 on: March 25, 2013, 03:54:33 am »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #59572 on: March 25, 2013, 04:20:39 am »

Never mind the fact that I don't know what you're talking about. Maybe label the spoilers as "[story name] spoilers"?

Runs-With-Skies speaks powerful truth, and we respeak her words for it.
Love, scriver~

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59573 on: March 25, 2013, 06:16:26 am »

Oh god my avatar is broken... I don't have a copy to reupload... OH MY GOD NOOOO!!!
*Sob*
I can't live without the Helsinki Guitar Lizard!!!! Ok that might an exaggeration, but I'm stressed here... I want my lizard back.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #59574 on: March 25, 2013, 06:17:12 am »

He's fine.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59575 on: March 25, 2013, 06:17:47 am »

Oh god yes. He is back.
Ok, making a backup. That was scary...

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59576 on: March 25, 2013, 12:49:41 pm »

So last night I had trouble getting to sleep, it was just the standard insomnia stuff that I sometimes struggle with, stuff was running through my head and keeping me awake and it was making things a little difficult because I had to get up early (for me) in the morning for classes.

I finally get to sleep sometime around 2 AM I think...

Then I get woken up at about 6 because my mother is screaming her lungs out at my father over something he was doing while making breakfast (it was something about not doing something in a particular way because it would leave marks that had to be cleaned up).

After a good 15 minutes she calms down and I eventually manage to go back to sleep. Then I have to get up at 9, but fail to get up promptly and drift off to sleep, only to wake up half an hour later thinking, "Shit, you've got school, don't go lying around here."

So I'm running a little late, and I rush through the motions of getting up, phoning my friend to make sure she wakes up, having breakfast, picking up my friend, and driving to school.

When I get out of class and head over to the car I see it parked on the over side of the road to where I left it... And I realise it's also parked partly on the sidewalk, with the front hanging out over the road and a bright yellow ticket on it. I realise I'd forgotten to put the hand brake on when I was wondering if I should straighten it out. So the car had rolled out of the parking space, and if there hadn't been a small snow bank it quite possibly would have hit another car...

As I'm taking this in a police officer drives up... At first this has me a little bit freaked, but he turns out to be the first police officer to ever actually be nice to me. He explained how a large portion of the ticket was that they didn't have my car registered, apparently despite what I was informed you do need to make sure your car is registered. Also he explained that if I went online to the appeals form I could appeal the ticket and that I probably had a good case.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59577 on: March 25, 2013, 01:37:34 pm »

Found pictures from before my cousin died, i.e. before I spent 12 years depressed.  I wish that person had had a chance to grow up, not this one.  This one is kind of fucked up.  She looked, I dunno, happily and imaginatively carefree.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #59578 on: March 25, 2013, 01:41:04 pm »

Lawyer I am ICing for wants to talk.

I come in when he asks and he's literally napping....

I do not feel wanted or appreciated, but god help me if I don't meet his arbitrary deadlines which he bitches about paying for. [shrugs] What's the worst I could say, he needs to actually pay for stuff, and if he won't then there you go.... Screws me over, but o well.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59579 on: March 25, 2013, 01:57:12 pm »

Found pictures from before my cousin died, i.e. before I spent 12 years depressed.  I wish that person had had a chance to grow up, not this one.  This one is kind of fucked up.  She looked, I dunno, happily and imaginatively carefree.
I... I never find comparing the worth of two people to be a very productive thing, for a variety of reasons, and while I'm certainly in no position to say anything about your cousin or what could have been or should have been. I can say from the hundreds of things I've heard from you that I'm pretty glad that this person had a chance to grow up. Even if the other didn't.

Seriously, I know you've got issues (and who doesn't?), but I really think the world could use more people like you.

<lawyerly woes>

And that goes for you too while I'm at it.
Pages: 1 ... 3970 3971 [3972] 3973 3974 ... 8155