Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4078 4079 [4080] 4081 4082 ... 8159

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8885415 times)

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #61185 on: May 01, 2013, 07:07:20 pm »

So class today ended with a bit of an impromptu email/phone swapping session between some nice people where we agreed to sort out some kind of study session just before the end of class...

It went something like this, I went up to person A (who I knew was having a rough time of things academically) and asked if they'd like some help going over the review work. They said they'd like to, though they're really busy, and we swapped email, person B saw this and said they wanted in, then person C came in and asked if we were swapping emails... I gave out my details to all three people, but when I got home I realised somewhere in the confusion of it all I didn't get anyone else's (Person A wrote it down on a slip of paper, but I have no clue where I put it)...

Thing is that my experience in these matters tells me that there's even odds nobody will get in touch until sometime after final exams are over.

Coalwalker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61186 on: May 01, 2013, 07:17:07 pm »

A friend and I watched Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 today. It was awful.

The parts of the movie that were bad (80%) were just bad enough to not be funny.

The parts of the movie that were good hurt my emotions.

Also a head exploded.

???
So to recap, one minute everything was going just great, and the next we have caverns collapsing, firebreathing cave beasts, underground brush fires, a screaming swarm of poltergheists back for revenge, zombies in the corridors, drunken brawls in the dining halls, magma pouring into the caverns, rotting miasma everywhere, insanity, madness, and a flying crocodile heading right towards us!

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #61187 on: May 01, 2013, 07:23:27 pm »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61188 on: May 01, 2013, 07:29:45 pm »

;_;
Aside from how kids that young should probably not be handling guns...
with any luck they'll learn how to be safe around them and not accidentally shoot anyone. Hopefully.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Catsup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61189 on: May 01, 2013, 07:30:07 pm »

Over a breakup? Yeah, they've got some serious problems. But it has to do with why they would suicide over something that petty. I'd say a justifiable reason to an hero because of a breakup is about as common as a white whale.
agreed.

when i commit suicide i make sure it succeeds, but i cant really think of a circumstance where i would consider suicide at all...

;_;
its better that they learn guns are dangerous now, than when theyre using a real one to gun down their peers in school

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61190 on: May 01, 2013, 07:50:23 pm »

;_;
its better that they learn guns are dangerous now, than when theyre using a real one to gun down their peers in school

I agree with that statement.  Still don't think I would be giving my own kids guns if I had either, but with proper supervision that might work out better in the long run.  I'm sure there is some benefit.  Learning how to properly respect and handle a gun is an improvement over folks that just wave the damn things around first chance they get when they are older and buy one themselves when they think they know everything.

You would have to make sure they have proper supervision though, which I'm sure a lot of people who would consiter buying their kids a gun aren't.  I know I'm not, and my Dad isn't.  My dad got me a BB gun once and I shot the family dog with it.   Intentionally.  The dog was fine fortunately.  I was never taught the thing was dangerous, I would hate to imagine what happened if it was my dad's hunting rifle instead.  But I learned a lot in my young impressionable mind, I learned the kind of respect you can really only get from being ignorant and doing harm.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 07:53:26 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61191 on: May 01, 2013, 07:54:01 pm »

Well, then you're a lucky duck, aren't you, Catsup.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Catsup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61192 on: May 01, 2013, 07:56:52 pm »

hmm? i dont think im more luckier than anyone else.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #61193 on: May 01, 2013, 07:58:23 pm »

hmm? i dont think im more luckier than anyone else.
I'm not quite sure but I think that was a form of sarcasm.
Or something. Not sure.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61194 on: May 01, 2013, 07:59:12 pm »

i cant really think of a circumstance where i would consider suicide at all...

I recommend taking a few points in creativity when you next level up :3
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61195 on: May 01, 2013, 08:00:05 pm »

Catsup, she means it is lucky for you not to find yourself sitting precariously on thoughts of suicide from time to time.

Catsup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61196 on: May 01, 2013, 08:01:38 pm »

i cant really think of a circumstance where i would consider suicide at all...
I recommend taking a few points in creativity when you next level up :3
i think you misunderstood what i said. I dont mean that i cannot comprehend a situation where someone would think of suicide.

I simply mean that whatever the situation, i would be able to overcome giving in to death and letting myself go through with it.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #61197 on: May 01, 2013, 08:03:17 pm »

I don't think you've seen the episode of A Game of Thrones where they belly-rat a guy ^^

Catsup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61198 on: May 01, 2013, 08:04:35 pm »

I don't think you've seen the episode of A Game of Thrones where they belly-rat a guy ^^
what does that mean? (belly rat)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #61199 on: May 01, 2013, 08:05:55 pm »

I completely made the term up. But what they did is put some rats in a bucket, press it to a guy's belly, and heat up the other end of the bucket.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 4078 4079 [4080] 4081 4082 ... 8159