Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4240 4241 [4242] 4243 4244 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8611172 times)

inEQUALITY

• Bay Watcher
  • Living On the Mirror's Edge
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #63615 on: July 12, 2013, 07:19:03 pm »

Found out today that an ex of mine - and not just any ex, but my first love and first real kiss - has been, for a few months now, a 'model' for a... 'webcam' site, if you catch my drift. I just now found out from her. Me and her have always been friends since we broke up years ago, but I just have no idea how to deal with this. It shouldn't bother me, but it does.  :-\
Quote from: Carl Sagan
It does no harm to the romance of the sunset to know a little bit about it.
If the magma cannon doesn't count, they aren't proper scientists.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #63616 on: July 12, 2013, 07:47:42 pm »

Friend of mine has got into self-help books and linked me to watch some videos by a guy he likes. Keeps getting angry with me because I haven't yet and accusing me of not respecting his beliefs. I explain that I barely watch anything these days and haven't made time for it yet, but it's not enough and he wants to know why. I explain that over my life I've regularly have people suggesting various life changing stuff to me, from evangelical Christianity to pick-up artist shite, and that it's not left me very eager for similar. He takes affront to me suggesting that his push to introduce me to his newfound ideas is anything like the push I experienced from friends of faith because his are based in reality. It doesn't help that what little he has told me about I disagree with (apparently disagreement with these ideas stem from a persons ego and they'd see the truth of it without).

I'm not eager for similar because newer stuff is almost always just rehashes of stuff I've already read, and more importantly it leads to arguments when I'm asked what I think. I don't mind arguing, but this kind of thing always ends in a lousy debate, being accused of being closed minded, and being told to wake up ::). I would agree that refusing to watch at all would be closed minded, but I still plan to give it a go.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #63617 on: July 12, 2013, 09:17:31 pm »

Found out today that an ex of mine - and not just any ex, but my first love and first real kiss - has been, for a few months now, a 'model' for a... 'webcam' site, if you catch my drift. I just now found out from her. Me and her have always been friends since we broke up years ago, but I just have no idea how to deal with this. It shouldn't bother me, but it does.  :-\

Is she doing it out of desperation?  It would be really hard to see someone you care about degrade themselves just to make ends meet.  Not that the line of work is inherently degrading, necessarily, but I'm pretty sure it is for someone who doesn't want to do it.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

inEQUALITY

• Bay Watcher
  • Living On the Mirror's Edge
    • View Profile
« Reply #63618 on: July 12, 2013, 10:12:23 pm »

Is she doing it out of desperation?  It would be really hard to see someone you care about degrade themselves just to make ends meet.  Not that the line of work is inherently degrading, necessarily, but I'm pretty sure it is for someone who doesn't want to do it.

Yeah, something like that. She has a boyfriend, and I thought he was taking care of her financially, but apparently she's really desperately looking for income from what she was saying, even with the cam'ing. I remember when she used to say negative things about girls who did that sort of thing. I guess things change. I just wish I could help her out; I know if she honestly thought she had any other options, she wouldn't be doing it.
Quote from: Carl Sagan
It does no harm to the romance of the sunset to know a little bit about it.
If the magma cannon doesn't count, they aren't proper scientists.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63619 on: July 12, 2013, 10:38:18 pm »

Friend of mine has got into self-help books and linked me to watch some videos by a guy he likes. Keeps getting angry with me because I haven't yet and accusing me of not respecting his beliefs. I explain that I barely watch anything these days and haven't made time for it yet, but it's not enough and he wants to know why. I explain that over my life I've regularly have people suggesting various life changing stuff to me, from evangelical Christianity to pick-up artist shite, and that it's not left me very eager for similar. He takes affront to me suggesting that his push to introduce me to his newfound ideas is anything like the push I experienced from friends of faith because his are based in reality. It doesn't help that what little he has told me about I disagree with (apparently disagreement with these ideas stem from a persons ego and they'd see the truth of it without).

I'm not eager for similar because newer stuff is almost always just rehashes of stuff I've already read, and more importantly it leads to arguments when I'm asked what I think. I don't mind arguing, but this kind of thing always ends in a lousy debate, being accused of being closed minded, and being told to wake up ::). I would agree that refusing to watch at all would be closed minded, but I still plan to give it a go.
What is it? Maybe someone here has experience therein and can offer advice?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #63620 on: July 12, 2013, 10:40:25 pm »

Yeah, something like that. She has a boyfriend, and I thought he was taking care of her financially, but apparently she's really desperately looking for income from what she was saying, even with the cam'ing. I remember when she used to say negative things about girls who did that sort of thing. I guess things change. I just wish I could help her out; I know if she honestly thought she had any other options, she wouldn't be doing it.

Well, that really sucks.  Sorry to hear about it.  Nobody should be forced into a situation like that.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #63621 on: July 12, 2013, 10:47:21 pm »

My father now refuses to acknowledge my existence.
Yaaaaay for family trust.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63622 on: July 13, 2013, 02:06:55 am »

Sorry about earlier. Apparently I had to get some self loathing out of my system, and get my head under control. Still feel shitty, but I feel a bit more rational.

Today, I was sad to learn that underripe avocado is not very good at all. It doesn't even taste justifiably interesting, like a green banana. It's a combination of starchy toughness, richness, and bitter unripeness. Does not seem to be settling well in my stomach either.

If you're wondering why I ate it anyway, this is the only time I intend to ever eat one. Unpleasant or no, I didn't want to miss a chance to have the experience.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63623 on: July 13, 2013, 02:11:13 am »

If you're wondering why I ate it anyway, this is the only time I intend to ever eat one. Unpleasant or no, I didn't want to miss a chance to have the experience.
But ... but you have completely missed out on the avocado experience anyway! D:
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63624 on: July 13, 2013, 02:12:22 am »

Dude, give me a PO box and I'll ship you one for Christmas.  Rather, Summermas.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63625 on: July 13, 2013, 02:15:48 am »

Oh god, no... I have and fully intend to continue eating ripe avocados. They are amazing. I've just never had an unripe one, and since my brother cut into one in a fit of guacamole lust, I decided I may as well try it, unripe or no. Try to make something good out of tragedy, right?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 02:17:26 am by Solifuge »

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63626 on: July 13, 2013, 02:24:13 am »

Oh god, no... I have and fully intend to continue eating ripe avocados. They are amazing. I've just never had an unripe one, and since my brother cut into one in a fit of guacamole lust, I decided I may as well try it, unripe or no. Try to make something good out of tragedy, right?
Ahh, excellent. I was concerned there for a moment.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63627 on: July 13, 2013, 04:49:55 am »

I know what you're feeling. My father disowned me and refuses to acknowledge my existence as well.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #63628 on: July 13, 2013, 04:51:13 am »

I know what you're feeling. My father disowned me and refuses to acknowledge my existence as well.
It's not quite to the point of me being kicked out or anything, but he's apparently pretending I'm not there.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63629 on: July 13, 2013, 04:54:48 am »

It's not quite to the point of me being kicked out or anything, but he's apparently pretending I'm not there.
Well I hope it all works out for you either way.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.
Pages: 1 ... 4240 4241 [4242] 4243 4244 ... 8156