Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4294 4295 [4296] 4297 4298 ... 8155

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8556995 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #64425 on: August 01, 2013, 09:27:42 pm »

aafhgjfklgj go away depression feelings

i've just plotted out a nice 5 year plan and i was feeling fookin' amazing until stupid depression kicked in
gonna live with a friend at her new house (i was invited, nay, demanded), get a job and get my shit together uniwise, and get my license and get the car that's incentivising me to get a job.

seriously, you have no business here, depression, go away

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64426 on: August 01, 2013, 09:30:55 pm »

So for about the third time in two weeks, because I fell asleep and nobody could be bothered to wake me up, I couldn't do something I was really looking forward to.
what the fuck, guys.
Black lives matter.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64427 on: August 01, 2013, 09:34:59 pm »

Silver foxes are kind of hot.

* Descan takes a shower.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #64428 on: August 01, 2013, 09:36:32 pm »

Sometimes I think women are more interested in gay men than actual gay people.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64429 on: August 01, 2013, 09:50:48 pm »

That really looks like it didn't come out right, but I think I get what you're trying to say.

Fantasies, regardless of the sex of the people that have them, usually don't have "true" depictions of people, though.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64430 on: August 01, 2013, 09:52:35 pm »

This is most definitely true. Heck, one girl simply suspected I was gay and continually told me how we could go shopping for clothing together and stuff (we weren't even close friends) and how she always goes shopping with this other gay guy and how we could be total buddies if I was gay. I think girls just want a stereotypical "gay best friend". I hate shopping. And stereotypes.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64431 on: August 01, 2013, 09:55:00 pm »

If female characterizations were better in most media, I would be way more interested in reading about heterosexual relationships.  Seriously.  For me, that's the only reason I'm way more into reading about homosexuality than I am heterosexuality.  I think if the dynamics were more equal, then my interest would be about equal.

Other women have different reasons for their preference, though, I'm sure.

This is most definitely true. Heck, one girl simply suspected I was gay and continually told me how we could go shopping for clothing together and stuff (we weren't even close friends) and how she always goes shopping with this other gay guy and how we could be total buddies if I was gay. I think girls just want a stereotypical "gay best friend". I hate shopping. And stereotypes.

The continually part really sucks.  For me, I personally enjoy having relationships with men with zero sexual charge.  I have a couple of gay best friends, but with the one I mostly spend huge amounts of time kvetching about racism, and with the other we mostly sit around snarling about math and the assholes who teach it.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64432 on: August 01, 2013, 11:01:56 pm »

You can have a fully platonic relationship between a heterosexual male and heterosexual female, with none of this 'sexual charge' though. Heck for most of my life my best friend has been a girl (Although not always the same one) and it never got awkward.
You just need to see people as people, instead of their gender or sexuality.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64433 on: August 01, 2013, 11:11:23 pm »

Yeah, I know.  I'm just trying to explain that that's a large part of the appeal for a lot of women.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #64434 on: August 02, 2013, 02:17:51 am »

True, the damn glands are difficult to control.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #64435 on: August 02, 2013, 03:37:08 am »

Well, it's quite likely that men are more interested in lesbians than actual lesbians, too.

Humanity, why did you invent logic if you discard it so readily?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64436 on: August 02, 2013, 04:34:03 am »

One kickstarter project I was really into fell through... ohh well..

it is one of the few I would have actually given money to as well. (though I knew it was somewhat of a long shot).

Still havn't got any gold from kickstarter projects yet.

And people wonder why I am so pessimistic.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 04:39:14 am by Neonivek »

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64437 on: August 02, 2013, 04:52:06 am »

Well, it's quite likely that men are more interested in lesbians than actual lesbians, too.

Humanity, why did you invent logic if you discard it so readily?

I just so happen to have a lesbian for a best freind. This is probably down to the fact that we are essentially two versions of the same personality, and has little to do with any kind of sexual or relationship dynamics - she is an awesome person who I adore, regardless of sexual identity.
This is a blank sig.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #64438 on: August 02, 2013, 05:28:09 am »

A wild floating point rounding error has appeared.

And it's making me sad because I don't know how to solve this.

The circular sectors ('pie slices') in blue should have a central angle of 90 degrees, but obviously they don't. :(

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64439 on: August 02, 2013, 05:33:35 am »

You aren't being hit by integer division are you?
That is a pretty good first port of call when your decimals are weird.
Pages: 1 ... 4294 4295 [4296] 4297 4298 ... 8155