Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4298 4299 [4300] 4301 4302 ... 8155

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8555435 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #64485 on: August 03, 2013, 01:22:06 pm »

folk remedies are notoriously wanting in double blind studies.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #64486 on: August 03, 2013, 01:23:57 pm »

But garlic is awesome as is, who needs any reasons to eat it anyways?

In sad news, the non existant amount of self restraint on these boards. Connected to that little puddle of piss that keeps bandodging and spamming whatever game mod he made, and everyone just responding to his trollbait despite themselves telling other people to not post. God damn people, I thought you were better than this.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64487 on: August 03, 2013, 01:25:00 pm »

Thanks for the advice, DJ.  Actually, I usually drink a garlic tea one of my Polish professors recommended, but I'm not feeling quite that ill at the moment.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #64488 on: August 03, 2013, 01:58:54 pm »

Garlic...

... tea?

That sounds maybe a little horrifying. I... I'm not sure. How do you, like, make it. And... what does it taste like? Beyond garlic.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64489 on: August 03, 2013, 02:08:08 pm »

Garlic...

... tea?

That sounds maybe a little horrifying. I... I'm not sure. How do you, like, make it. And... what does it taste like? Beyond garlic.

you just boil garlic until it seems fine enough and throw in things like honey or lemon juice to make it remotely enjoyable though both can also be considered for their folk remedy values

it's about as slavic a folk remedy as things get short of consuming onions by the kilo (if this is only a stereotype i have been rused thoroughly)

though you know, all of the things mentioned have medicinally confirmed ways of helping you. so there's that.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #64490 on: August 03, 2013, 02:10:21 pm »

Garlic...

... tea?

Never had it? I imagine it'd come as quite a shock if you've never even heard of it :P

Kinda like green tea ice cream. The only step you can make from there is to melt that ice cream and make green tea out of it.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64491 on: August 03, 2013, 02:13:21 pm »

Garlic...

... tea?

This. Garlic is amazing and all, but I'm not sure I'd want to drink something like that O_o
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64492 on: August 03, 2013, 02:15:13 pm »

Onions is supposed to have genuine health benefits, garlic though I'm not so sure about.

I know it makes me sick when I eat raw garlic, though it makes a nice seasoning for cooking in small quantities.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #64493 on: August 03, 2013, 02:18:20 pm »

The only thing I find bad about garlic is that after working with it it leaves that very strong odour on your fingers :C

And no slowpoke, you have not been rused, atleast not in my case, onions, onions everywhere and in everything!!!
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64494 on: August 03, 2013, 02:18:55 pm »

you just boil garlic until it seems fine enough and throw in things like honey or lemon juice to make it remotely enjoyable though both can also be considered for their folk remedy values

Yeah, this.  It's actually quite delicious!

short of consuming onions by the kilo

Oddly enough, I've also been known to do this.  There used to be this bodega around the corner that carried onions at 29 cents the pound, so I often ate an onion or two every day.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64495 on: August 03, 2013, 02:48:43 pm »

short of consuming onions by the kilo

Oddly enough, I've also been known to do this.  There used to be this bodega around the corner that carried onions at 29 cents the pound, so I often ate an onion or two every day.

clearly your illness is caused by onion withdrawal

if the next day i find out you're an experimental breakcore artist there will be things we will need to discuss

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #64496 on: August 03, 2013, 02:55:18 pm »

Yes, mom, obviously the best course of action when I'm sitting in my room all day hating myself is to constantly berate me so I hate myself even more.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #64497 on: August 03, 2013, 02:57:35 pm »

I may have snapped a ligament in my leg.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #64498 on: August 03, 2013, 03:20:07 pm »

PRO TIP: (amazing thing, I learned that somewhere over the 'net and it works) - you can get rid of garlic breath by drinking milk afterwards. Don't ask me how it works, but it does.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64499 on: August 03, 2013, 03:40:19 pm »

I think it's something to do with the sulfuric compounds that are responsible for garlic's smell.
Pages: 1 ... 4298 4299 [4300] 4301 4302 ... 8155