Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4343 4344 [4345] 4346 4347 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8578472 times)

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #65160 on: August 27, 2013, 10:25:57 am »

I do not have the motivation to do a single thing.
There's a bunch of things that I would love to do but I just kind find the will to actually do them.
I am now trying to mentally will you to punch yourself in the balls.  I will continue to mentally will you to punch yourself in the balls until you get something done.  While you may not punch yourself in the balls, you will now be thinking to yourself every time you're not getting something done: "hey, I'm not getting something done right now.  I lack motivation.  Which means Shakerag is thinking about me and my balls right now.  That kind of creeps me out.  I think I'll go do something so I can stop thinking about Shakerag thinking about my balls."

that is the best way to motivate someone through the internet

i hereby pledge that i shall put my insignificant mental support into willing graknorke to punch himself in the balls
I hate you all so much.

<33333333
This whole thing needs to be sigged.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #65161 on: August 27, 2013, 10:29:31 am »

I do not have the motivation to do a single thing.
There's a bunch of things that I would love to do but I just kind find the will to actually do them.
I am now trying to mentally will you to punch yourself in the balls.  I will continue to mentally will you to punch yourself in the balls until you get something done.  While you may not punch yourself in the balls, you will now be thinking to yourself every time you're not getting something done: "hey, I'm not getting something done right now.  I lack motivation.  Which means Shakerag is thinking about me and my balls right now.  That kind of creeps me out.  I think I'll go do something so I can stop thinking about Shakerag thinking about my balls."

that is the best way to motivate someone through the internet

i hereby pledge that i shall put my insignificant mental support into willing graknorke to punch himself in the balls
I hate you all so much.

<33333333
This whole thing needs to be sigged.
Read my mind ;)
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65162 on: August 27, 2013, 01:58:37 pm »

Man there are so many things to sort out before next thursday... and today was so exhausting already... Yeesh.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65163 on: August 27, 2013, 05:08:24 pm »

Okay I think that I've better refined my idea of how I feel.
You know when wading through water and it's as if everything you do is resisted against a lot more than it normally would be? It's like that but inside my head. My thoughts feel pretty sluggish and any mental exertion or application of willpower feels amplified way more than it should. I actually feel kind of worn out because of doing a single mathematics problem.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #65164 on: August 27, 2013, 05:15:42 pm »

So I managed to talk to one of the people from the group and they said that I'll just have to figure it out.. WHAT DID I DOOOOOOOOOOO
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #65165 on: August 27, 2013, 05:26:59 pm »

Took on indigent client. Prosecutor kept making remarks like, "It won't kill him." "It isn't like he had to." "You act like it's life and death."

He's dead....  >:( :'(
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 05:29:13 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65166 on: August 27, 2013, 05:29:39 pm »

Thay're charging a dead man with something?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65167 on: August 27, 2013, 05:33:18 pm »

Thay're charging a dead man with something?
They might be able to sue for part of his estate or something.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #65168 on: August 27, 2013, 05:40:54 pm »

He wasn't dead when they charged him.... It'll be dismissed now that he is, but still....

Granted, it wasn't the prosecution's fault, but the attitude and the lack of seriousness combined with ribbing me about being too "dramatic" about it....
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 05:46:32 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #65169 on: August 27, 2013, 06:34:21 pm »

> Wednesday.
> No class.
> No class.

>_<

*shakes fist at storms*

Cursed weather postponing my everything. Why can't I be a plant and be happy with the rain.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65170 on: August 27, 2013, 08:03:54 pm »

Apparently my mother is upset that when the pastor was talking to me about a subject that I don't really like talking about (college plans, ugh) due to lack of any idea about my plans whatsoever, I apparently was giving too short answers and seeming like I am "weird and unsocial". I really don't care if a person whom I plan on having zero contact with the minute I leave thinks I'm unsocial (I am pretty much forced to attend church on the threat of being locked out of the Internet. I like the Internet, more so than I would like to avoid holy enlightenment.), but apparently my mom is confronting me about it because she thinks I'm always like that and that does make me a little bit sad. I'm actually pretty social just not around her, for various reasons, mostly because saying anything around her is like poking a little bomb.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #65171 on: August 27, 2013, 08:14:33 pm »

Is she using the pastor as a sort of formal guidance counselor (which is fairly common, as clergy tend to have good contacts in the community, useful for aiding someone on their chosen path), or was it simple post-service chatter? In the former case, you could simply ask him to keep such consultations between the two of you instead of having your mother present. That would minimize discomfort, but also mollify her that you are actually doing something for your future.

If it is the latter, then I understand your situation perfectly. My grandmother was extremely pushy about how I talked to the pastor until I broke with the church over theological issues.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65172 on: August 27, 2013, 08:41:49 pm »

I've never had this problem, I talk sociably to two pastors all the time. This is what happens when both your parents are ordained ministers.

(I can also tell you from experience that they don't really mind if they get short responses to questions from people in general, but I doubt this is going to matter much to your mother since I'd be just a random person on the internet to her)
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #65173 on: August 27, 2013, 09:09:53 pm »

Temporarily paralyzed spouse.  Fucking tired.  Past hour is the only time I've had to slow down and tend to myself all day.  Couldn't even wake up at a decent pace, because I overslept and had to immediately rush out the door.  Kid keeps telling me I'm mean, because I won't use this time to set up a mod on a game for him.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65174 on: August 27, 2013, 09:21:12 pm »

Temporarily paralyzed...
Holy crap, dude, hope everything returns to ok soon.

Edit: Aim the comment cannon before firing.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 09:30:19 pm by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 4343 4344 [4345] 4346 4347 ... 8156