Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4347 4348 [4349] 4350 4351 ... 8155

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8551034 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #65220 on: August 31, 2013, 11:35:35 am »

I think people consider me weird.

There's nothing wrong with this.  One of the best things you can do is learn to talk to people, while retaining your weirdness.  So long as the weirdness isn't anything offensive, people will find you interesting and memorable. 

If you're still in (American) high school... you'll just have to wait that out... high school is like a reality tv elimination show, and the competition is to be the most normal and popular person.  Except nobody in high school puts much thought into figuring out what "normal" really means, if anything, and the definition sort of defaults to whoever puts on the best show of appearing confident about who they are, while not actually knowing or learning about who they are at all because they're too busy imitating whatever contemporary media culture is shoving down kid's throats at the time.  Putting real effort into learning about yourself is likely to disqualify you from seeming normal, but it will immediately serve you better when high school is over with.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #65221 on: August 31, 2013, 02:48:48 pm »

Whoo low alcohol tolerance!
i hate having a fast enough metabolism to rapidly sober me up.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65222 on: August 31, 2013, 10:17:26 pm »

Stress. Fucktons of it. And I was doing well.

Why does my Dad excel at undermining my self-worth and feelings of accomplishment? Why does he never stop telling me, in his gentle and councilary way, that I'm a tremendous fuckup? No, I am not interested in working at the miserable factory job your friends entire life seems to revolve around working at and complaining about. I know it's got benefits, and pays a decent wage. I also know that I'm not physically fit for that job, that I don't have the personality type to stay sane in that environment, and that I would really like to not hate my life for the next 20-30 years. No I don't care if that's stupid, because my happiness is more important to me than having a dental plan. I can take care of my teeth on my own.

Why can't you let me do the things I want to do with my life without giving me shit about them? Can you support me in my decisions for once? For one goddamned time in my life, could you be happy that I was doing something I wanted to do, and am close to making work? Please?

« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 10:38:26 pm by Solifuge »

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #65223 on: August 31, 2013, 10:21:31 pm »

Sure Soli, I guess this one time I can let it slide..

*insert I am your father joke*

I'm sorry, that was inappropriate on my part.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #65224 on: August 31, 2013, 11:18:01 pm »

The annoying thing is when you ask yourself that question and nothing actually pops out. Plenty of things I like more than other things, but... actually like? Never entirely sure if I've ever felt that. Always been too tired to really go over the threshold in to what seems to be enjoyment. Bloody genetics.

Bright side, I guess. It's hard to settle for something less when most things are on the same level!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #65225 on: August 31, 2013, 11:28:13 pm »

The annoying thing is when you ask yourself that question and nothing actually pops out. Plenty of things I like more than other things, but... actually like? Never entirely sure if I've ever felt that. Always been too tired to really go over the threshold in to what seems to be enjoyment. Bloody genetics.

Bright side, I guess. It's hard to settle for something less when most things are on the same level!
It doesn't do anything for me. I know most of these comics are supposed to be mind-blowing, and lots usually are, but this one was just silly for me right now.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65226 on: August 31, 2013, 11:29:44 pm »

PFSC is supposed to mind-blowing? Mostly it's just excellent minimalist humor.

Cobbler89

• Bay Watcher
  • Cobbler cancels celebrate Caesar: mending soles
    • View Profile
« Reply #65227 on: August 31, 2013, 11:33:58 pm »

I attempted to have a rational discussion with a very intellegent, well educated fellow whom I respect and, to a certain extent, admire. Or maybe it was admire and to a certain extent respect, I forget.

It ended with him telling me that I couldn't explain my logic well enough for him to give decent explanations and if I couldn't just accept what he said I'd just have to go get myself educated on the matter.

I'm visiting my family tomorrow and am going to be dead tired because I can't go to bed because I don't want it to be tomorrow and family-visiting time while my hopes and dreams for reason are lying here like maimed kittens, mewing pitifully (I haven't been able to figure out how to butcher them, which just proves my brain's interface is as difficult as DF's).

I shouldn't be able to get depressed about this... but then, I should have been able to have a rational discussion.

I am probably not going to be reading this thread for replies, by the way, I'm just putting this here because, well, Bay 12 has a Things That Made You Sad Today thread and where else am I going to say this stuff?
Quote from: Mr S
You've struck embedded links. Praise the data miners!
Quote from: Strong Bad
The magma is seeping under the door.

Quote from: offspring
Quote from: Cobbler89
I have an idea. Let's play a game where you win by being as quiet as possible.
I get it, it's one of those games where losing is fun!
I spend most of your dimension's time outside of your dimension. I can't guarantee followup or followthrough on any comments, ideas, or plans.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65228 on: August 31, 2013, 11:50:25 pm »

My dad's leaving again tomorrow and because he's been trying hard to get along since Wednesday I'm upset about it now unlike just not giving a shit the way I have for the past 10 years.

Fuck my life and fuck my mercurial disposition and fuck my easily-won loyalty.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #65229 on: September 01, 2013, 12:10:32 am »

I hate this town so, so much. God damn, even a city, any city, would be better than this shithole.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #65230 on: September 01, 2013, 12:23:58 am »

Feeling very meh. Midterms always serve to depress me very neatly. Doesn't feel like anything I try will let me get better scores, because everyone else above me does a dozen times more than I could ever force myself to do.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65231 on: September 01, 2013, 03:14:31 am »

Tonight I just feel so terrible. I feel like something inside of me or some aspect of my life is falling apart.

A part of the problem of why I chose to stop seeing my therapist (and I think I went over this before) was that being placed into such a contemplative mood and environment made me very sullen and difficult to communicate with. I think any Shrink's office would induce this in me. I just don't know what to do, I feel I just don't stand on equal footing with any shrink.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65232 on: September 01, 2013, 05:59:28 am »

1. This is the last day of my holiday/vacation (which this year started quite late, which I very much hate the government for) and now it's going to be the high school, and I have no idea what to expect.
2. Toady's guesstimated release date of DF2013 is past mid-November.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #65233 on: September 01, 2013, 06:36:57 am »

2. Toady's guesstimated release date of DF2013 is past mid-November.
And this is bad why? He's basically entirely reworked Adventure mode interactions!

But yeah, school tomorrow, I agree with that :c

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65234 on: September 01, 2013, 10:34:17 am »

My dad's leaving again tomorrow and because he's been trying hard to get along since Wednesday I'm upset about it now unlike just not giving a shit the way I have for the past 10 years.

Fuck my life and fuck my mercurial disposition and fuck my easily-won loyalty.
You were expecting him not to leave? I mean I got the impression he regularly spent long periods of time away from home.
Pages: 1 ... 4347 4348 [4349] 4350 4351 ... 8155