Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4350 4351 [4352] 4353 4354 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8636408 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #65265 on: September 02, 2013, 07:52:44 am »

i am very fucking inefficient if it helps?

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65266 on: September 02, 2013, 08:19:40 am »

Whenever I read about Obsidian it's always about how they got screwed by their publishers, and it's always a different publisher.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #65267 on: September 02, 2013, 08:24:23 am »

Lesson of this summer: I suck at being a functional human being.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Well, go on ... parade!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65268 on: September 02, 2013, 09:19:11 am »

I currently live with my parents.

My mom is having some problems. I feel bad for her situation.

Honestly, the worst part is that her complaining gets stuck in my head and it plays over and over again, because I somehow feel like I could solve this problem, even though I know I can't. It's an obsessive thinking kind of thing. The irony is, if I could just focus on what I had to do, then I wouldn't have to listen to her complain about it. I don't even know, but these obsessive thoughts are killing me. I can replay the argument she makes in my head a million times, prove it's false and it doesn't matter.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 12:56:18 pm by Robot Parade Leader »

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #65270 on: September 02, 2013, 04:25:15 pm »

So for some reason it seems to be I get angry quicker and more intensely. Maybe people are just doing more things to piss me off in rapid succession. And since I have no idea how to handle intense anger, given that I've never really dealt with it, it's not pretty. I usually can recognise if I'm actually losing control and get myself away before I do anything more than raise my voice (shouting at someone is typically the thing that clues me in), but last friday...that didn't happen. Wound up punching someone in the face right before I gained enough control to then start walking away. Yeeeah.

Also been having these odd sad moments now and then when I'm alone. Like I've been about to cry but my brain just shuts down all emotion as soon as it detects that. I've even gone to cry once or twice when alone, face made the cry face and everything, only for it all to stop. Just, stop. Face goes back to null, and I just stop feeling anything at all. Why can't my brain also do that with anger? Would save the awkwardness of having to apologise for punching someone in the face when they were being a dick.

I miss when my only emotional states were "interested", "bored" and "wishing to avoid something that causes boredom". Only ones you really seem to need in life.

A big problem is I suck at recognising my own emotions. Dunno if you could call it alexithymia, but I typically either have to be clued in to my internal emotional state by my actions, or by others pointing it out to me. Like, I can't *know* what I'm feeling internally, can't put words to it or identify it or often even notice it. People have commented I seem stressed a lot more lately, so it could be I'm just running off a higher "baseline" lately.

Given I'm done with work and going back to university soon, hopefully the month off of "adult responsibility" will be enough to fix that.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 08:59:29 pm by MorleyDev »

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #65271 on: September 02, 2013, 08:21:49 pm »

My Summer lesson is I am so unbelievably bad at time-management it's a wonder I get dressed in the morning. Sometimes I don't, I just wear what I did previously.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #65272 on: September 02, 2013, 08:52:32 pm »

... the real trick is to have a set of at-home clothes that you immediately swap in to once you get back from wherever you go, and then two sets of away-from-home clothes you alternate between. Can stretch a limited wardrobe further, insofar as cleaning them goes. Still maintain a fair amount of appearance-related whatever while pushing the distance between necessary clothes washing, further. Less spent on clothes maintenance = more food.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65273 on: September 02, 2013, 09:29:13 pm »

My step-grandmother keeps trying to tantalize my mother with the idea that I'm a whore, and my grandmother bought and is pushing my cousin's girlfriend's book but wouldn't deign to look at mine.

Whatever.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65274 on: September 02, 2013, 09:33:16 pm »

...Wat. Okay, its true that we only see what you want to share here, but I have an extremely hard time picturing you in any whore-like manner O_o;

The hell did that idea come from?!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65275 on: September 02, 2013, 09:34:59 pm »

...Wat. Okay, its true that we only see what you want to share here, but I have an extremely hard time picturing you in any whore-like manner O_o;

The hell did that idea come from?!
Seconded. Wat.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65276 on: September 02, 2013, 09:40:11 pm »

I spend time with men (in public, but away from my family) to whom I am not married.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65277 on: September 02, 2013, 09:41:33 pm »

I spend time with men (in public, but away from my family) to whom I am not married.
Lemme guess: fundamentalist insert-religion-here?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65278 on: September 02, 2013, 09:42:56 pm »

My grandfather was a Missouri Synod Lutheran minister and kept tracts around the house explaining why women are not meant to make decisions for themselves.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65279 on: September 02, 2013, 09:48:23 pm »

My grandfather was a Missouri Synod Lutheran minister and kept tracts around the house explaining why women are not meant to make decisions for themselves.
My face cannot make up its mind on what expression to make at that.
^
This.

Pages: 1 ... 4350 4351 [4352] 4353 4354 ... 8156