Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4384 4385 [4386] 4387 4388 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8606913 times)

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #65775 on: September 18, 2013, 07:49:54 pm »

Really? Where?
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65776 on: September 18, 2013, 08:01:20 pm »

<snip>
This sort of stuff frequently makes me wonder why you guys drink if this is what it does to you.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65777 on: September 18, 2013, 08:03:57 pm »

The Christmas commercials have begun.

There's a restaurant in New York where they already started playing Christmas music.  Some customers said they'd walk out, some staff threatened to go on strike if the corporate office doesn't changed the piped-in music, and of course some bonehead decided it was 2013's opening shot in The War on Christmas.

<snip>
This sort of stuff frequently makes me wonder why you guys drink if this is what it does to you.

Well, it's not supposed to do that.  Turns out that drinking two bottles of wine in a couple hours out in the sun on an empty stomach screws up your priorities.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #65778 on: September 18, 2013, 08:05:42 pm »

I actually will start a Christmas boycott if and when this shit starts seeping into July. There's your War on Christmas, O'Reilly.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65779 on: September 18, 2013, 08:09:25 pm »

<snip>

There are ways to drink more or less responsibly. The above example would be one of the very very much less responsible ways.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #65780 on: September 18, 2013, 09:45:21 pm »

Sadly, they have reason to be extremely suspicious of medical paperwork nowadays, as they fired 5 people recently for forged papers.
Depends on the size of where you work, but if it's just an average office building, that number seems high enough for me to be suspicious of foul play not from the employees, but the company.
There's about 100 employees. The trouble is that the previous owners considered stupidity and a criminal record desirable traits in the hiring process (naturally, there's still plenty of people left over from that era that match neither), because stupid people are easily controlled by threats and folks with criminal records don't have a lot of options, so that they will have a very hard time replacing the job if they lose it. Trouble is, this sort of policy has the very real downside of producing an untrustworthy workforce, and once one person got away with it (due to the incompetent supervisor not even looking at the notes unless he doesn't like you and is looking for any excuse to write you up), other folks decided to copy it. Eventually the company heads got suspicious.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #65781 on: September 18, 2013, 10:02:59 pm »

stuff
Ahh, makes sense.

re: Christmas commercials and stuff.

Am I the only one who would like Christmas stuff to go year-round?

Jingle-bells, Jingle-bells~
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65782 on: September 18, 2013, 10:17:53 pm »

Yes, you maniac.  For the love of all that is decent, don't let any marketing executives hear you say that.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #65783 on: September 18, 2013, 10:22:00 pm »

Yes, you maniac.  For the love of all that is decent, don't let any marketing executives hear you say that.
Hey now, let's not slander maniac's good name. This is kaijyuu's insanity alone.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65784 on: September 18, 2013, 10:28:02 pm »

Hey now, let's not slander maniac's good name. This is kaijyuu's insanity alone.

Don't worry, I spelled it 'maniac' not 'mainiac', no slander involved.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #65785 on: September 18, 2013, 10:31:46 pm »

Jingle-bells, Jingle-bells~
I would be legally and morally required to completely destroy the infrastructure of any and all forms of applicable media, should such a thing come to pass.

And then, quite possibly, hunt down and lobotomize any and all people who had anything at all to do with it happening.

Don't worry, I spelled it 'maniac' not 'mainiac', no slander libel involved.
Ftfy. Slander can only happen in person, apparently. More or less. Spoken word or gestures. Everything else is libel. Both are defamation! LEARNING!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #65786 on: September 20, 2013, 01:00:58 am »

I just removed a fight.  Max White caught 3 days for an inflammatory remark in the face of a previous specific warning, Descan caught 3 days for a remark of another sort in the face of a previous specific warning, and other fresh warnings abound.  This has been an ongoing issue for some time, and when warnings aren't effective, I'm simply going to have to use other measures.  Please look to the forum guidelines.  I don't think they are unreasonable or even difficult to comply with.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65787 on: September 20, 2013, 01:09:18 am »

I am sad that I have run out of Mango Ceylon and Earl Grey tea. They are my favorites.

I'mma have to resort to English Breakfast Tea. Might as well be drinking coffee. :I

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #65788 on: September 20, 2013, 01:10:37 am »

That's the best kind of tea! Earl Grey is like drinking boiled potpourri.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65789 on: September 20, 2013, 01:11:34 am »

I am sad that I have run out of Mango Ceylon and Earl Grey tea. They are my favorites.

I'mma have to resort to English Breakfast Tea. Might as well be drinking coffee. :I

And that makes you sad because good tea ruins your mood :P
Pages: 1 ... 4384 4385 [4386] 4387 4388 ... 8156