Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4405 4406 [4407] 4408 4409 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8580926 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #66090 on: September 28, 2013, 03:53:50 am »

You could steal her backpack, yell "Catching up is important!" and run to the nearest bugle place ;)
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #66091 on: September 28, 2013, 03:58:52 am »

I haven't gotten to talk to one of my good friends for about four months. I pass her in the hallway and wave, but we haven't actually had the chance to talk. I'm pretty sure she wants to talk, but I don't know how we would.

Two-litre bottle of soda, bag of bugles, and Mario Kart?

I don't think she plays Mario Kart, and the biggest problem is that I don't really know how to contact her or anything. I don't have her phone number; I'm don't know how to ask for it. Even if I had it, I've never really invited/been invited to hang out before, so I wouldn't know what to say and how to phrase it.
This has been killing my mood since the beginning of Summer. Ugh.

Remember how you met her? Most people getting back in contact involves a simple greeting. Hello there.
Calling them by name, asking how she's been in the past times you haven't seen her, how is she doing and all that--the usual which you'd ask to anyone.

You care about her. Don't be afraid to greet her. There is no defined way of doing anything which you must follow, just do it how it is. You've seen her in person, ok. Perhaps say your intent-that you'd want to get in contact with her. Make time.

...The situation's vague :/

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66092 on: September 28, 2013, 11:16:58 am »

I've asked around the college bookstore where I know this girl frequently visits(and where I previously worked/originally met her). Apparently they haven't seen her, and find it to be a cause for concern. Now I'm really worried :-\.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66093 on: September 28, 2013, 11:37:55 am »

Remember how you met her? Most people getting back in contact involves a simple greeting. Hello there.
Calling them by name, asking how she's been in the past times you haven't seen her, how is she doing and all that--the usual which you'd ask to anyone.

You care about her. Don't be afraid to greet her. There is no defined way of doing anything which you must follow, just do it how it is. You've seen her in person, ok. Perhaps say your intent-that you'd want to get in contact with her. Make time.

I met her in class, when we sat next to each other, but I don't have any classes with her. While I want to talk to her in the hallway, she's always with her friends, and I don't know them very well. That's made me chicken out every time I've passed by her. I know, I need to just grow a pair and talk to her again at some point, but social situations can make me very nervous when I don't know people there.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #66094 on: September 28, 2013, 02:30:47 pm »

I met her in class, when we sat next to each other, but I don't have any classes with her. While I want to talk to her in the hallway, she's always with her friends, and I don't know them very well. That's made me chicken out every time I've passed by her. I know, I need to just grow a pair and talk to her again at some point, but social situations can make me very nervous when I don't know people there.
Whilst i sympathise completely, if you do nothing, nothing will happen. Given that your friend groups appear to be completely separate, the worst that could happen if you ask her out is sidelong glances, and if she's a good person not even that. Not making a move guarantees failure.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66095 on: September 28, 2013, 04:09:16 pm »

I have some $120 or something in gift cards for Amazon and a local book store, and I don't have anything to spend them on.

I realize that sounds like a stupid problem, but all I can think is: "Everything I buy now, I'm going to have to shlepp on my back later."
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #66096 on: September 28, 2013, 04:14:40 pm »

... how long until they expire? If you can sit on it for a year or two...

Alternately, you might be able to hunt down some sort of trade. Find someone that wants books and has something you want that's more mobile. Or... something. Don't let it go to waste! If nothing else, use the stuff up and donate it to a local library or somethin'.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66097 on: September 28, 2013, 04:16:32 pm »

Gift cards are legally required not to expire except in case of the closure of the business.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #66098 on: September 28, 2013, 04:22:33 pm »

Huh. Could have sworn I'd seen some expiration dates on something along those lines. Good to know, though! And... there you go? Can't use 'em now, use 'em later?

Though I totes feel the whole "can't acquire must transport" sort of thing. Logistics issues. Is pain. Only so many places to stuff stuff, and then there's the getting it there and the spine and the bleh. I think Amazon might have ebooks, at least?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #66099 on: September 28, 2013, 04:24:04 pm »

I'm hundred 100% sure expiration dates exist, but then again, this is Europe, not the US.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66100 on: September 28, 2013, 04:25:55 pm »

No ebooks for me.

Also, I'm kind of upset by the fact that, after years and years and years when having this kind of windfall would have been pretty much CHRISTMAS EVERY DAY for me, I'm now in a position where I have stupid amounts of money and can't really enjoy it.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66101 on: September 28, 2013, 04:26:40 pm »

The local book-store is more an issue, but you can buy e-books on Amazon. You don't even need a kindle, they have a free electronic version you can stick on your desktop.

If you want to hack more, I think you can even extract them into PDFs or text-files.

Edit: Ah, no e-books. By the way, have you looked into kiva? :3
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66102 on: September 28, 2013, 04:28:15 pm »

No, but I also am not at a point where I can rationally put the money anywhere else =/  In real-world terms, I don't have all that much.  In Vector-world terms, I'm Uncomfortably Full of Gald.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66103 on: September 28, 2013, 04:29:31 pm »

You could always donate it to your friendly neighbourhood Descan~
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66104 on: September 28, 2013, 04:30:53 pm »

I also am not at a point where I can rationally put the money anywhere else =/

Pages: 1 ... 4405 4406 [4407] 4408 4409 ... 8156