Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4414 4415 [4416] 4417 4418 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8475045 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #66225 on: October 02, 2013, 03:32:36 pm »

Somehow, I think it's appropriate and poetic that Tom Clancy would die during a government shutdown.

I had the same thought.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #66226 on: October 02, 2013, 06:58:01 pm »

RIP, Mr. Clancy. :(
Clancy, Clancy ... I vaguely remember the name. Who was?

Tom Clancy. Hunt for Red October, Patriot Games, Rainbow 6?
The guy who made Splinter Cell?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #66227 on: October 02, 2013, 06:59:37 pm »

He made Splinter Cell like John Madden makes football games.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66228 on: October 03, 2013, 02:06:08 am »

The Silk Road has apparently been taken out of commission.

Never used it myself, as I don't drugs, but I did like the idea of its existence. Hoping the Feds are overhyping as a scare tactic, and it'll return at some point.

This must be akin to why people get so nostalgic for "the Old West", even if that was mostly historical fiction. That sinking feeling you get as you watch frontiers shrink  :-\
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66229 on: October 03, 2013, 03:34:44 am »

Someone on reddit pointed out that there are some things off about that seizure picture - SR's logo in the background, wrong batches, low resolution... Maybe it's just gone iinto hiding, so to speak. A man can dream, can't he?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #66230 on: October 03, 2013, 04:15:56 am »

Well, there's a complaint filed...

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #66231 on: October 03, 2013, 04:44:21 am »

RIP, Mr. Clancy. :(
Clancy, Clancy ... I vaguely remember the name. Who was?

Tom Clancy. Hunt for Red October, Patriot Games, Rainbow 6?

Tom Clancy pretty much covered all the feelings I can have about books, from "I can't stop reading" to "I want to stop reading, but I have nothing else at the moment". Sad to see him go though.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #66232 on: October 03, 2013, 10:42:32 am »

So two of my best friends broke up last Sunday. Well he broke up with her because they have both issues and he wants them to resolve them and be apart for a while before trying anything.

It's up to me to try and fix both of them and contain them as much as possible, something I'm rather bad at considering I've never been in a relationship and my views on certain things are rather different from what most people would consider normal. He seems to be taking it somewhat well (or he's atleast hiding it extremely well, the more probable answer), while she's constantly on the verge of tears and generally feeling shitty.

It doesn't help at all that they see each other almost daily since they're attending the same uni.

I just can't take all this shit and I feel bad for wanting to slap them both silly and thell them to sort this shit out themselves.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66233 on: October 03, 2013, 12:02:04 pm »

Spent all night in a resort hotel on vacation with my projectile vomiting five year old. Got to sleep at about 6:30am.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66234 on: October 03, 2013, 12:34:34 pm »

Well, suppose it had to happen sooner or later: Truck is having issues and needs repairs. Hopefully it's minor and I can be outta here later today. If not, well, at least there's a hotel nearby. Of course, they haven't even LOOKED at it yet, so...
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #66235 on: October 03, 2013, 12:57:12 pm »

If your group of friends was already deliberately excluding her, I don't think you're solely responsible for any tearing that might occur.
They weren't totally, but to some extent. But I can't help feeling crap.

I also have the issue that whilst my ex was incapable of taking the hint, my mates were equally incapable of telling her the problem. And I have no idea which side was right, because to me both are wrong. :(

Went through this, albeit instead of an ex it was my stupid-moronic 'still can't live without his bastardry around' brother I have.
He's an arrogant asshole. He's a pathetic individual who needs to be repeatedly hit with a baseball bat filled with rusty nails, but he's also a normal chivalric imbecile and an easy to dupe stupid.

Yep, normal brotherhood right there.

D&D team I was mastering broke up because after two new guys joined up, they basically formed a 'Friday' team opposed to my 'Saturday' team and they simply avoided inviting my brother because they didn't like how he played.
In the end nobody came any more to the Saturday day team because of my brother, there was a bit of a fight which ended with them no longer speaking to one another and in the end everyone went their way -the two new guys left to go somewhere else at the end of the summer to boot- and so basically my brother found a new group, I stopped Saturday mastering, and basically the old group broke because my brother couldn't for once swallow his stupid arrogance and admit he was wrong and a bastard.

On the other hand, the two guys were pathetic excuses of a boyfriend-girlfriend couple who believed they were always right and where the boy did nothing but leech off neurons while the girl kept acting on the preconcept that she could simply 'always' be right.
Basically, my brother had no hair on his tongue and spoke his mind.
Cue trying to act like normal adults -failing miserably because to be defined a 'normal' adult one has to at least possess some amount of brain- and tantrum falling ensued.

I'm happy now though.

The friends I have might be from around the web, I might barely see someone in flesh and bones in weeks but...'some people need only themselves'. With a pc, I have the frigging god-damn world at my fingertips.

PS: if someone ever feels down about being 'alone' being 'out of touch with people' and the like, send me a pm. I should be a borderline suicide case because of half the shit that happened to me and yeeeettttt...
Nope.
Nobody can break the Shadenight ship down.
Nobody and nothing!
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66236 on: October 03, 2013, 01:48:25 pm »

A family member has been going through a midlife-crisis type of situation for a few years, now. It's been getting increasingly awkward, and is reaching the boiling point. There is no way this is going to end well.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66237 on: October 03, 2013, 02:25:21 pm »

I seem to have some infection on my little finger where the fingernail separated from the finger a little bit.
Tis painful.
Should probably start DIY treatment soon.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66238 on: October 03, 2013, 04:35:49 pm »

I want to commission a painting from Wayne Barlowe, of a city of souls
Spoiler: for God's Demon (click to show/hide)

Of course, this is a fellow who's done work on movies and games. 'Course it's gonna be expensive.

Still sad, though. 10K for a smaller size, 20K for a larger.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66239 on: October 03, 2013, 04:53:19 pm »

I have a friend with a really bad cough and his mum won't even allow him to go to the GPs to get it checked out. It's been almost a month now :/
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 4414 4415 [4416] 4417 4418 ... 8153