Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4415 4416 [4417] 4418 4419 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8636441 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #66240 on: October 03, 2013, 04:58:52 pm »

Ask him to breathe all the way out. If it sounds like there are bubbles popping in his chest, he has pneumonia. I had it for like, a month and a half before it took me down to the point of having to see a doctor. Then again, it could have killed me, too.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66241 on: October 03, 2013, 05:00:03 pm »

Ask him to breathe all the way out. If it sounds like there are bubbles popping in his chest, he has pneumonia. I had it for like, a month and a half before it took me down to the point of having to see a doctor. Then again, it could have killed me, too.
It's particularly bad that he can't go though, because he is a highschool student in a country with nationalised healthcare. There is no good reason to not go.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66242 on: October 03, 2013, 06:21:18 pm »

Why won't she let him, then? Religious issues?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #66243 on: October 03, 2013, 06:31:15 pm »

If the person is under 18 and a parent refuses to take the child to get medical treatment for a life threatening issue, I believe it's considered child abuse.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66244 on: October 03, 2013, 06:41:13 pm »

Beacuse it's "not important" and he should try to avoid missing school.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #66245 on: October 03, 2013, 06:51:52 pm »

You miss school 100% when you are dead.

Sounds like its time to call in some big wigs.
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #66246 on: October 03, 2013, 06:57:33 pm »

The heck?

Anything wrong with the body--as indicated by cough IS IMPORTANT. >_>

Define really bad cough. Signs and what the child is feeling. Interrogate on how that isn't important.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66247 on: October 03, 2013, 08:17:40 pm »

I was looking at some of my Facebook friends profiles earlier.
And like, everyone I know are...
To put it lightly,
damn tools.
How in the world do people go through life ignoring capitalization and punctuation and SCREW THE SPACES THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN BETWEEN THOSE 3 WORDS YEAH!
I just.
Meh.
I need to associate myself with more intelligent people.
People who will better me, rather than drag me off to play Corn Hole, or something.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66248 on: October 03, 2013, 08:28:56 pm »

Did You Mean To Say: Lord Walton Abbott?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #66249 on: October 03, 2013, 08:30:26 pm »

I was looking at some of my Facebook friends profiles earlier.
And like, everyone I know are...
To put it lightly,
damn tools.
How in the world do people go through life ignoring capitalization and punctuation and SCREW THE SPACES THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN BETWEEN THOSE 3 WORDS YEAH!
I just.
Meh.
I need to associate myself with more intelligent people.
People who will better me, rather than drag me off to play Corn Hole, or something.
...Somehow I can really relate.

My environment consists of people who talk rather than do. And talk about more trivial things than not. And more..ugh. Banal things. It's boring, and not..muh. Maybe I'm just introverted. Or possibly too much of a philosopher on that note :v

But what I agree here is "I don't like how people think sometimes and I may be rude about it by saying it out loud, but I don't like how..that...THAT! Despite me knowing that they're capable of so much more than all that. :X"

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66250 on: October 03, 2013, 08:51:04 pm »

I've been pretty frequently depressed recently. All morose about myself, I feel like there's an emotional itch my current IRL friends are really incapable of scratching. I find myself full of question, questions, questions, and emotions, emotions, emotions, at night. Recalling bad stuff that happened a long time ago.

I also feel unsatisfied with myself and what I'm doing. I want to be studying music, and physics, and all kinds of crazy stuff. I want to get myself into better shape, make myself lighter on my feet. And...
*sigh* You know, what? I like my chair, it's swively and comfortable and fancy and everything, but it's just really not friendly to me sitting in unconventional sitting positions.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #66251 on: October 03, 2013, 10:20:10 pm »

I actually had coffee while reading the newspaper this morning. I wasn't doing it intentionally either, I made coffee, started reading the newspaper, and that's what I did with the time I had before school.

I don't want to be an adult yet, guys. :(
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #66252 on: October 04, 2013, 01:09:55 am »

Just spent approx. 5 hours--probably more--cramming coding assignments for my CompSci class. I have experienced the life of a code monkey. SO MUCH CODING. MY GOD IT'S FULL OF JAVA.

I desperately want to get an A in that class, as opposed to the C or more likely B I'll get, since otherwise it may be the only B amongst all my As I have this six weeks and that's just unacceptable for me because I just have to do good dammit. Need to raise my rank and GPA higher and CompSci being a weighted AP class it has further influence on that stuff.

Despite my eff-ton of coding done and wearing myself to exhaustion at 1 AM I don't really know it it's enough to raise my grade to an A due to the teach's grading system. At the same time I can't keep working because I've reached that wall of exhausted nope, and need sleep, and everything I have left to do is fixing errors about stuff I don't know how to fix and I just have no time FUUUU-

Eff me. Sleep time is go.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66253 on: October 04, 2013, 01:22:55 am »

I need more out of life than this.  Work is becoming increasingly more tedious.  I'm losing weight despite being stuck in a chair all day, but my shoulders never stop hurting.  Right now, pretty much all I do outside of work, running, and cooking/eating is:

a. Drawing
b. Running The Lonely Prince
c. Russian poetry translation
d. Complaining on the internet

I'm planning to start doing martial arts again soon (hence all the running, speed-walking, and losing weight), but . . . I don't know.  I'm so tired.  I'm working on things I want to do, of course, trying to open new avenues for myself, but I really wish I could just snuggle under a quilt with some dude and watch Gladiator again, or draw shitty comics and make immature jokes about Vincent Valentine with a friend, or . . . something.  My life, as it stands, is severely lacking in substance.

I dunno.  I keep trying to remind myself that I'm getting somewhere, but life feels totally stagnant.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66254 on: October 04, 2013, 03:05:12 am »

Sounds like you need more socializing. All achievements seem a bit hollow if you got nobody to share them with. And no, Internet can't really do the job.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...
Pages: 1 ... 4415 4416 [4417] 4418 4419 ... 8156