Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4429 4430 [4431] 4432 4433 ... 8155

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8553335 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #66450 on: October 10, 2013, 10:55:14 pm »

Oddly enough, as to the pic, it doesn't seem very hard to figure out whether to debit or credit and account or whether it's a revenue or expense or somesuch. Like, you can almost always figure it out by the name alone. In fact, pretty much everything having to do with matching the accounts is fun - after a while, it becomes intuition that crediting and debiting is just taking away and then transferring to, respectively (Cr accounts payable, dr cash? Someone needed to pay you, they paid you, now you have cash). Definitely makes the stuff bearable.

Also, I will take your advice and use an actual spreadsheet from now on, Frump. Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 10:57:08 pm by freeformschooler »

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66451 on: October 10, 2013, 11:38:07 pm »

Heh, reminds me of when I took an accounting class.

Never have I heard so many people snoring before around me.

Did awesome in that class, though.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #66452 on: October 10, 2013, 11:51:41 pm »

Well that is all well and good, but can I connect to a meat human now, rather than the sonic type? The fleshy ones tend to have more practical application.
There is nothing truly practical or worthwhile except beauty.

Good thing beauty can be found in anything, huh?
Yup. Hence why life is awesome.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #66453 on: October 11, 2013, 12:09:26 am »

Hnn... life is beautiful, anyway. Beauty doesn't necessarily coincide with good, or pleasant, or enjoyable (or at least one's own bit of any of those). Or... much of anything, necessarily, beyond beauty.

It is a good thing that beauty can be found in anything, though. Contributes towards understanding/reacting to things around us, which almost always contributes to one's good.

... one of these days I'll actually dive hard into aesthetics. It really is the most fundamental of things. Even before metaphysics or epistemology or logic. Which is part of what makes actually getting into it so bloody daunting. Very little (if any) underlying structure to it, since it is the underlying structure. Makes it a royal pain to actually discuss or analyze. Mumblemumble midnight need sleep, etc.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66454 on: October 11, 2013, 12:15:36 am »

On stomach: pretty sure it's just a combination of not eating enough + stress.

Parents got evicted, I'm probably moving again so I'll be closer to work/the university/libraries/the grocery store/public transit/everywhere I actually have to be every day, folks at work were badmouthing my general family's social class/background over lunch HAHAHAHA, someone futzed up and completely destroyed two weeks of work that I now have two days to reinstate (lucky I'm not using much of my brain capacity here, because I'm totally capable of working that fast). . .

And I haven't been taking my mood-stabilizing vitamins lately (read: for a few months), which probably has a lot to do with it.  I feel like I'm on the edge of a panic attack all the time. . . got to remember to take those after dinner today and actually keep taking them for once.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66455 on: October 11, 2013, 12:24:59 am »

You know, a lot of the things that make most people sad make me happy.

I like stormy weather.
I like the dark, overcast skies, and the cold of the rain. The flashes of lightning illuminating the sky for such a split second. The crash and rolls of thunder.

I like crows.
I find them to be so beautiful, and their caws and soothing to me.

I like being alone, and I like silence. I like to listen to depressing music, and it cheers me up, somehow.

I guess some people would find that sad, but I don't know. I like the way I am.

Man, I suck at posting emotions in the emotion threads, I should really put this in the happy thread, but then it would lack the context.
The Derail Thread

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #66456 on: October 11, 2013, 12:26:13 am »

I like stormy weather.
I like the dark, overcast skies, and the cold of the rain. The flashes of lightning illuminating the sky for such a split second. The crash and rolls of thunder.

I like crows.

I like being alone, and I like silence. I like to listen to depressing music, and it cheers me up, somehow.

Man, I suck at posting emotions in the emotion threads, I should really put this in the happy thread, but then it would lack the context.
People find these things sad? They're some of the only things that elicit an emotion in me anymore.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #66457 on: October 11, 2013, 12:29:36 am »

I like stormy weather.

I like crows.

People find these things sad? They're some of the only things that elicit an emotion in me anymore.
Same. Hell, last time I saw a pack of screechers (the annoying little birds that live down here in South Australia) chasing a crow away from my house I couldn't help but throw rocks at them. The sound of the crows is so much easier to deal with, plus it helps me get to sleep. Those little fucking yappers can burn in hell.

EDIT: It's the same for magpies. SO much easier to get along with than the other birds. Everyone in high school bitched about maggies swooping them, but they never so much as looked crooked at me.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 12:31:10 am by Gamerlord »

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66458 on: October 11, 2013, 12:46:53 am »

Apparently, the people I work with are constantly whining about them, griping endlessly about bad weather after groaning about the heat, and then saying how much they hate crows and other "bad luck" garbage.

Same. Hell, last time I saw a pack of screechers (the annoying little birds that live down here in South Australia) chasing a crow away from my house I couldn't help but throw rocks at them. The sound of the crows is so much easier to deal with, plus it helps me get to sleep. Those little fucking yappers can burn in hell.

EDIT: It's the same for magpies. SO much easier to get along with than the other birds. Everyone in high school bitched about maggies swooping them, but they never so much as looked crooked at me.
I think we call them starlings here in the States. And yeah, I don't really like them because they are such jerks to other birds.
Heh, I can relate to schoolmates being like that. I remember this one... I try not to swear, but this guy was such an asshole... who would walk around and stomp on crickets. I couldn't stand it because they never did anything to anyone, and here he is, murdering them for no damn reason, and I asked him how he'd like it if something just stepped on him, and he laughed at me and insulted me and said that that's stupid to say because it would never happen.

One day, this giant praying mantis flew in and starting scaring the carp out of everyone, so I caught it, since I knew it wouldn't hurt me, and chased that fucker around until I went home.
The Derail Thread

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #66459 on: October 11, 2013, 12:54:27 am »

Parents got evicted, I'm probably moving again so I'll be closer to work/the university/libraries/the grocery store/public transit/everywhere I actually have to be every day, folks at work were badmouthing my general family's social class/background over lunch HAHAHAHA, someone futzed up and completely destroyed two weeks of work that I now have two days to reinstate (lucky I'm not using much of my brain capacity here, because I'm totally capable of working that fast). . .
Hnnng, that's rough. At least the parenthetical note is a thing? May the vitamins help.

Meanwhile, I have just realized that I've largely wasted this day. Hnnnnng, why did I spend 2 hours watching a movie, just because it was deeply ironic for reasons unrelated to Nicolas Cage's involvement? This is a much smaller sad, but eh.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66460 on: October 11, 2013, 01:15:17 am »

Ok, time to post some legitimate sad on this thing.

I haven't updated my suggestion game for like 3 days now, or done any meaningful work on my world map project.
I don't know why, every time I open up my art program to do something, I just can't do it, and close out of it.
I really want to, but I just can't, and I don't know why, and it's making me really upset. I don't feel like myself.
I mean, I'm normally a pretty lazy person, but when I want to actually do something, I can usually do it.
I procrastinate so much, but when I set my mind to something, I can really do quite a lot. But not now.
I don't know why I'm feeling like this, and I feel bad that I'm not working on something that gives me real joy to do.
I like running games, and making maps, I like getting that feeling that someone can appreciate the work I put into it, and that I'm giving someone something to do.
And I can't do it. And I don't know why. And I don't like it. And I don't even know of a good way to explain the way I feel or anything.
I'm normally a pretty happy person, but lately I've been really... Not me.

I don't even know what to type anymore.
The Derail Thread

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #66461 on: October 11, 2013, 02:40:33 am »

I like stormy weather.

I like crows.

Seems like I need to tell my subconscious to stop sleepwalking to the computer and posting on Bay12 under a different account.

I like to listen to depressing music, and it cheers me up, somehow.

By contrast, mayhaps?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66462 on: October 11, 2013, 02:44:16 am »

I've barely slept a wink all night (not for lack of trying) and I have to start working in about an hour if I want to make this delivery on time.
"About an hour", by the way, is around 1:30 in the morning. I try to go to bed early to compensate, brain goes "nope" and keeps me up all night instead. Damn it all.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66463 on: October 11, 2013, 03:11:23 am »

I haven't updated my suggestion game for like 3 days now, or done any meaningful work on my world map project.
I don't know why, every time I open up my art program to do something, I just can't do it, and close out of it.
I really want to, but I just can't, and I don't know why, and it's making me really upset. I don't feel like myself.
I mean, I'm normally a pretty lazy person, but when I want to actually do something, I can usually do it.
I procrastinate so much, but when I set my mind to something, I can really do quite a lot. But not now.
I don't know why I'm feeling like this, and I feel bad that I'm not working on something that gives me real joy to do.
I like running games, and making maps, I like getting that feeling that someone can appreciate the work I put into it, and that I'm giving someone something to do.
And I can't do it. And I don't know why. And I don't like it. And I don't even know of a good way to explain the way I feel or anything.

Sometimes the art doesn't happen. It's not your fault. My girlfriend, an artist-to-be had a period over the summer where she rarely picked up the pencil.

Don't force yourself to do something that just won't happen. It'll still not happen and make you feel worse. At least, that's how it goes with me.

To stay on-topic of sad stuff, I keep sleeping through one of my morning classes. It's one of my favorites, too. I just can't get up for it, I'm almost always in bed until ten. It's frustrating and also saddening because I'm missing out on a lot of cool stuff.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #66464 on: October 11, 2013, 03:20:41 am »

*hug*
It's okay mastah, we've all been there.
Pages: 1 ... 4429 4430 [4431] 4432 4433 ... 8155