Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4432 4433 [4434] 4435 4436 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8571016 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #66495 on: October 12, 2013, 09:45:43 pm »

I wish you the best of luck and happy moments in your future, Xantalos. Family stuff can be rough.
Thanks. They're moving apart soon, so this won't be happening long.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #66496 on: October 12, 2013, 09:47:01 pm »

Parents are now openly hostile toward each other.
We've all been there.
...Okay, maybe not, but as the brother of a kid who always has big screaming fights with his mother because neither one will ever make a compromise, I can sort of relate to that, and understand how it feels. I'm sorry.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66497 on: October 12, 2013, 09:49:35 pm »

So I take it you're still at home, then. I do hope that you're allowed to make your own choices in this, and that you're able to get out soon. Which sounds mean maybe but it's a hostile environment to be in. I had to watch my oldest brother go through a divorce with his two young kids.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66498 on: October 13, 2013, 01:07:54 am »

Best of luck to you.

Unfortunately, I am unqualified to give proper advice for this predicament.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66499 on: October 13, 2013, 04:25:10 pm »

God, I feel wrung out.  I woke up at 1:00 PM today.

Also, parents of people I went to elementary school with are coming around to buy the house my parents are being evicted from.  I'm furious about it.  I actually would like to cry, but I think that's just because I'm feeling so weak today.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66500 on: October 13, 2013, 05:21:48 pm »

Why are they even being evicted? If you don't mind me asking.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66501 on: October 13, 2013, 07:19:24 pm »

In the beginning of Bible study, we sometimes play a game, just to have some fun. We did hide & seek.
No one found me. No one noticed they didn't find me.
Yes, I was the only one.

After that, I slowly started getting more and more socially anxious as the night wore on. It got to the point where I couldn't bring myself to look at anyone else, and just stared down into my lap. I probably looked so fucking stupid.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66502 on: October 13, 2013, 09:59:59 pm »

We rent a house, because trying to rent or buy any other housing/apartments/whatever int his area is stupidly expensive. It's been falling apart for a long time now, and the landlord is really cheap and bordering on just kicking us out and scrapping the house instead of paying for repairs. We pay her $750 a month and the payments on her mortgage have been paid off for a while now. If we get kicked out, we have no idea where we can go. Even a lot of roach motels are more expensive than what we are paying, which is already way too much.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66503 on: October 13, 2013, 10:14:47 pm »

I suspect I might have killed one of my friendships after repeatedly sticking my foot in my mouth, as both my past experiences, and my best friend are telling me that this person is probably going to never talk to me ever again.

I just feel like crawling into a dark hole somewhere and dying of shame right now.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66504 on: October 13, 2013, 10:41:03 pm »

I suspect I might have killed one of my friendships after repeatedly sticking my foot in my mouth, as both my past experiences, and my best friend are telling me that this person is probably going to never talk to me ever again.

I just feel like crawling into a dark hole somewhere and dying of shame right now.

I would advise that you rectify this situation immediately, before you actually drift apart. Get your friends to tell your other friend that you did not stick your foot into your mouth on purpose, and organize a physically involving group social activity (good candidates include, but are not limited to: bowling, ice skating, kart racing, lasertag) as an excuse to talk to them again.

In case you put your foot into your mouth again, make sure to immediately indicate this, then apologize only for the accident, not for the actual context that you did not intend to convey. Then immediately continue the conversation as if nothing had happened; don't let your friend get away with misinterpreting your words, let alone offend themselves by doing so.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #66505 on: October 13, 2013, 10:46:58 pm »

I am in an extremely complicated situation with a woman I work with. When I first asked her out, we remained friends, and things seemed alright. I think she knew I wasn't over her, but I didn't make an issue of it and things were generally comfortable enough. When I asked her again last year, she blew up completely, because apparently 3 times in 3 years is too many times to ask someone out. Things were nasty for quite awhile, but she doesn't seem to have a problem with me anymore (and, in fact denies any problem exists. Unfortunately, things are still extremely awkward between us. I want to work toward defusing that tension (in fact, my sanity practically demands that I do so), but not only does that awkwardness get in the way of that, but I will find it almost impossible to talk to her about this without bringing up the way I feel about her, which is a very uncomfortable subject, or even asking her again without intending to, which I know she does NOT want.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66506 on: October 13, 2013, 11:00:43 pm »

In my humble opinion, the best way to defuse tension is to act like it never existed in the first place (and avoiding that topic whenever possible), but make sure not to forcibly start conversations, because "Why are you talking to me" is pretty much going to be the first thought that crosses her mind anytime you talk to her, and you can't have a conversation when she knows that you are only talking to defuse tension.

Word of caution though, this strategy is only confirmed to work on my brother (and the tension was not because I asked him out, shame on you for thinking this).

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66507 on: October 13, 2013, 11:20:01 pm »

Did he ask you out?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #66508 on: October 13, 2013, 11:58:31 pm »

Perhaps apologize beforehand, then ask if you could talk about that which caused the worry?

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #66509 on: October 14, 2013, 02:15:54 am »

Apologize openly, profusely, prostrate yourself,  say you didnlt know what you were thinking, deny you feel that way now, claim it was, say, some odd quirk (I'm not too sure what to say, perhaps spending time around each other) that convinced you you were still attracted to her. But you're not, of course. Once the apologies are over, never, ever, ever mention it again. Unperson the you that liked her, Never reference it, strive to eliminate it from your thoughts, a general damnatio memoriae, a condemnation of memory. It exists in your head, you are your head, remove it.

It's what I would do, and it's what I have done (although not all of it, some of it didn't apply) in the past.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 4432 4433 [4434] 4435 4436 ... 8156