Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4433 4434 [4435] 4436 4437 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8577788 times)

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #66510 on: October 14, 2013, 03:00:15 am »

One of those nights where it seems like all I did was lay there struggling to sleep. Not sure if I did get any and I have a busy day ahead.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66511 on: October 14, 2013, 07:06:56 am »

God fucking damnit, what's wrong with my car now? Can I go a week without having to go out of my way to fix something wrong with it? Now when the wheels are going, there's some deeply disturbing scraping sound coming from beneath the car, and I just don't know what it is or if it's going to be dangerous or expensive.

And I'm probably never going to play TF2 again, the fun from it just seems completely sapped after getting passive aggressively shunned by the cool group of friends I thought I had made playing it. Fuck.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #66512 on: October 14, 2013, 04:06:47 pm »

Is there a more depressing album than Bob Dylan's Christmas in the Heart?

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #66513 on: October 14, 2013, 04:16:21 pm »

Anything by Adele?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #66514 on: October 14, 2013, 04:29:08 pm »

My back cramped up while I was taking out the trash, I think the several years of sitting awkwardly have finally cought up.

The middle back is rather painful and tense, I can barely move it, turnong around is impossible and it doesn't seem to be letting up. Ugh, just what I needed, I guess I'll have to find some back strenghtening exercises to do now and find a new seating arrangement that won't fuck me up.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66515 on: October 14, 2013, 07:23:50 pm »

Been basically having constant anxiety attacks all day...

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #66517 on: October 15, 2013, 02:38:01 am »

Oh arghgh ;_;

7+ magnitude...DX All those buildings [churches, infrastructure...], and people.

...And then a storm's still coming.

:S

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66518 on: October 15, 2013, 08:46:43 am »

Rune Factory 4, you need to pick your game up, I'm being rapidly disappointed in my 40 dollar purchase >:(

I'm not fully done with it yet, atleast I hope not, but I'm extremely frustrated in the fact that it's so intensely hard to get any of the npc characters to do anything with you.

You see, one thing that attracted me to the game was the possibility of forming friendships and relationships with the wide cast of characters. In fact, what is probably the most prominent blurb in the advertising is that you can get married and your family can adventure with you.

*Fast forward to me playing the game*

Playing the game for the first time, I find there's a bar that keeps track of your intimacy with other npc's. This is unmissable as it's in the tutorial. Once I'm given free movement through the game world, I start introducing myself to the cast of townspeople. Everyone looks kind of average, until I get to Illuminata, the Elf Ace Detective, wherein I then immediately declare her to be my future waifu, until I look at the previously mentioned bars that track intimacy and notice that she's only friendable and nothing more. My disappointment is already palpable, every other girl is very wishy washy.

Progressing through the game, I notice that I really only have two methods of socialization: One being showering people you like with gifts every day without rhyme or reason, which is actually a true grueling test of patience and a war of attrition against your wallet (which actually seems counterintuitive, since shelling gifts onto anyone for no reason is kind of creepy and personally demeaning IMO) and the second being the "BTW" option, wherein extracting a character's normal text from talking to them, you attach a question to the end in the form of a "By the way..."

You only have two options though, you can ask them to go adventure with you, or you can straight up confess your deep true unwavering passionate love for them...

Come on game, stop making me be creepy. I don't want to be creepy.

So, as far as I can tell, you only have ONE option, and that's asking people to adventure with you. Good luck with that though, cause ABSOLUTELY NOONE WANTS TO ADVENTURE. Doesn't matter if they like you, if they're not doing anything, time of day means nothing, gifts given mean nothing. Noone is at all interested in sacrificing a minute of their day to hang out with you and kill monsters.

I didn't know this going into the game though, so my adventure shaped out like this:

Talking to the stereotypical chinese girl, a possible hookup candidate: "Want to adventure and kill monsters? It's like literally the only interesting thing to do"

"Haha no"

The next one, some elf girl "I'm doing something else."

The next one, a cute, narcoleptic butler girl "I'm busy"

Everywhere I go, every girl I talk to, they only have one answer for me, it's NO NO NO NO NO!

Actually, I take that back, cause there was ONE girl who agreed to adventure, and it's the one dressed up as a knight with a weird chivalry complex. She adventured with me sometimes, even if she had a ridiculously inconsistent bed time, sometimes bailing on me high and dry at 8 pm sharp, while other times sticking with me well after midnight and into the next day. But hey, beggars can't be choosers, she might even grow on me, who knows? She had a transparent personality quirk though, and it's that she's afraid of ghosts. So, of course, I take her adventuring to the haunted house and we fight nothing but ghosts, eventually getting to the ultimate ghost monster at the end, where in the chaos of the fight she gets her ass handed to her and I scrape out a victory by the skin of my teeth.... I wasn't thinking about it at the time, but that's probably why she doesn't want to adventure with me after that...

BUT HEY, WHO NEEDS THE LADIES RIGHT? Let's start up the goddamn bromance train with some other manly fella that DEFINITELY WANTS TO DO MANLY SHIT LIKE KILL MONSTERS!

Everywhere I go, every guy I talk to, the result is the same, it's NO NO NO NO NO!

Holy shit Rune Factory, I shell out money, real hard fucking cash, in hopes of momentarily quelling the everpresent desperate loneliness that is my life, wanting so badly to drown it in a kind of wishful-thinking escapist fantasy game that'll let me atleast PRETEND to have close friends and love interests. What happened though, is that I paid money to have a game that rejects me over and over and over, which is actually something of an accurate simulation of my real life.

..but hey, atleast I have my enslaved monster pets that have NO CHOICE but to love me... right...?

Fuck my life, Rune Factory.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66519 on: October 15, 2013, 09:56:53 am »

Currently spending time looking after my Grandpa. The guy who filled in for my Dad, basically. Grandma is out of town, taking a vacation from taking care of him; he's getting older, and the combination of a stroke and his age have taken a toll on his memory, and his ability to communicate. He struggles with words and expression, and when he does understand, he often can't remember the answer, much less convey it. He knows his wife is gone, but doesn't know where. He's upset about it, but when I ask how he's feeling he says "What do you mean?" and "I don't know." I specifically mention that he looks like he's down, but he says "I'm not down." despite the upset way he's breathing, and the look on his face. Maybe he's answering it literally as a joke, or from confusion? Or maybe he isn't sure what I mean... Or isn't feeling down after all? I can't be sure.

I proposed a few activities; have a few board games he can play, but he says he doesn't feel like playing. He perked up when I turned on the old electric organ he used to write simple tunes and sappy love songs on, and was able to talk me through setting it up, though he didn't seem to be able to recognize his songs. I mentioned us going out to rake the leaves, and he tells me he'll just watch (still got his snarky sense of humor it seems :I). He's taking a nap right now. It's hard, seeing him like this... he had always been such a brilliant, energetic man. And I know he's still in there, but I'm not sure whether I'm reaching him at any one moment, the way he comes and goes, mentally.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66520 on: October 15, 2013, 10:39:58 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #66521 on: October 15, 2013, 10:48:18 am »

I'm reminded of my grandparents before they passed away. And somehow my tear glands start to work, again! >_>

Solifuge, you're doing the right thing. Be with him (I'm NOT SAYING THAT HE'S GOING TO PASS AWAY DX It's just that the memory-thing!)

Try being more personal with him..

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #66522 on: October 15, 2013, 04:22:44 pm »

I've just been utterly miserable all day. No real reason why that's good enough to justify it, I just feel total apathy and sad-feels towards anything and everything.

Obviously the solution is to make a post to bitch about it in the sad thread. GG, me, GG. Blaaaagh. Emotions are stupid.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66523 on: October 15, 2013, 08:04:32 pm »

I've just been utterly miserable all day. No real reason why that's good enough to justify it, I just feel total apathy and sad-feels towards anything and everything.

Obviously the solution is to make a post to bitch about it in the sad thread. GG, me, GG. Blaaaagh. Emotions are stupid.

I get that.

I get that a lot, and then there's the guilt for posting about it or about the problem not being as dire as those of others. And then you write it down, and feel bad about writing such soppy filth that you've something new to feel bad about when after vomiting your negative emotions on paper.

It's a horrible cycle and I haven't found a reliable way to break it yet, but shoulder on, good Space Cat. You're not alone in your frustrations.
I don't want to post about some of the things I'm going through for the same reason. Some of the same things, actually. I'm stuck in the cycle too; I haven't found a way to break it yet, but dammit I'll try.
'Til then, I'll just offer my support to you guys. We can do this.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #66524 on: October 15, 2013, 08:06:50 pm »

Also in the same cycle.

I got my wonderful wife to support me though, which makes it a lot easier than it was in years past.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 4433 4434 [4435] 4436 4437 ... 8156