Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4453 4454 [4455] 4456 4457 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8578384 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #66810 on: October 22, 2013, 04:02:57 am »

I don't mean to backpedal on things I've said earlier, but I really got to thinking about texting that girl I was talking about a few pages ago.

I think the problem with me is that I'm completely clueless; I don't know where my wishful thinking/depressive self-sabotage ends, and where the actual reality of the world around me with all it's social norms and expectations begins.

Basically, to recap:

I still think that we got along really well together, but then she suddenly wanted to break it off. I got a hold of her again like a month after that, and I told this story before, but basically I forgot to call her back and she thought I was blowing her off when we set up to meet for a movie. She just ignored me after that, and I've been the depressed and confused lonely man that's been smogging up the sad thread ever since.

In my head, trying to get a hold of her now is just creepy and desperate. I have so much trouble thinking of socialization in a harmless way when I've been alone so long and people have turned me down so often and so quickly, and so mundanely. And it's always my fault in the end, it always is.

So I ask myself again: where does my fantasy world end and where does the real world begin?

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66811 on: October 22, 2013, 04:07:28 am »

Duda, literally everyone has that problem. The answer is: Further out than you'd think.
Just text her already :3
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66812 on: October 22, 2013, 04:14:18 am »

So I was expecting to meet up with a friend tonight and she didn't show, I was actually feeling a little spiteful about the rejection.
Turns out her mother was hit by a car and is in a critical state in hospital. Holy shit do I feel like a fucking jerk. I didn't even leave her any angry messages or anything and I seriously feel like the biggest turd in the universe, and that isn't even the worst bit! Fuck my little emotional bullshit, her mother was hit by a god damned car! I mean holy shit tonight just went from crap to absurdity.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66813 on: October 22, 2013, 04:22:08 am »

* Darvi slaps Max.

Get a hold of yourself, man. Don't beat yourself up over stuff you have no control over.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66814 on: October 22, 2013, 05:03:55 am »

Still, her mom is a really nice person. I mean hearing about this is just horrible.
Also this girl is very financially dependent on her, I really don't want to think about the worst case scenario right now.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #66815 on: October 22, 2013, 06:40:15 am »

You didn't know, and without context the reaction is understandable. Your reaction changed when given more information as appropriate, so what's the problem? You acted as is understandable given the information available, and again acted as is understandable and reasonable when given more information. Just continuing doing that, acting as is reasonable, and with any luck the worst case scenario won't happen. But you can't control that, so instead just do as is reasonable and be there for your friend if they need it.

I have an odd thing, definitely less dramatic: The city I'm living atm the night scene and my social life are really not clashing very well. Basically, the people I hang with at uni are into more House-ish music, but to me it's just lacks too much variation in the songs.

And I mean in the songs, not between songs. Stuff like this. Most the music that gets played here at the so-called "Electronic Music" nights it seems like all the songs you get the same notes played for 20 seconds, and then they introduce a single other note for another 20 seconds and they just keep going and only vary the melody very slowly and in subtle ways.

That is boring for me. I like vibrancy, energetic, varying music. For me, that's what dancing is about: Loud, energetic movements where the music suddenly shifts and your body suddenly shifts along with it and with bursts of energy scattered about.

House seems to be about repetitiveness with slight variation, it's all subtle shifts, and that just bores me when I'm out for drinking and dancing.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 07:00:11 am by MorleyDev »

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #66816 on: October 22, 2013, 06:57:44 am »

Yeah, that seems really boring. :/

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66817 on: October 22, 2013, 07:32:20 am »

Duda, literally everyone has that problem. The answer is: Further out than you'd think.

Alright I did.

Why am I even listening to you? Answer: A mixture of wishful thinking + Confirmation Bias. But hey, let's see how things turn out.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66818 on: October 22, 2013, 09:07:51 am »

Must just be me, huh. Hate is poison, is all I say.
:(

Hate gets such a bad rap.  It's a valid emotion just like any other.  For instance, I *hate* it when people are made prisoners of conscience, a la Pussy Riot

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #66819 on: October 22, 2013, 10:06:06 am »

My brother upped his asshole level to new levels of brutish.
Now I have to go to the gym and make sure I'm properly trained before beating him down to a pulp.
Which is sad, but when he slams a metal pipe in your sides the proper answer is always to break something of his back.
Fun fact? It all started because of a really, really stupid thing.
He just had to put some decks of card inside a box with an elastic band.
Yeah, that's it.

But a few days before our father took his netbook for work-reasons without asking him (OH GOSH HORRIBLE CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY!) and since my brother made it an enormous issue of 'I work, I'm twenty-one, I can do what I want and you aren't giving me the proper respect!' my father answered back with 'It's my house, my rules. Get out of here if you don't want to'.
My father taking my brother's pc was really a non-issue for everyone except my brother who went on the mad-end of being stupid.
SO, he proceeded to try to take the router out of its socket when my father locked him out of the house's network.
I tried to stop him -hey, I need internet.
-If you touch me, I'll hit you back.
-Now, let go of the router, there's really no need to...
-Let go or I will hit you.
And then he hit me on the sides with the metal pipe he apparently has in his room for some reason.
He didn't properly deliver the blow and except for a bruise it's nothing more, (And he did return the router) but...
I'm an extremely vengeful person, and I'm also actually scared of him going 'bonkers' again.
Hence, on one side I'm extremely sad it has come to this, on the other there really isn't a choice.
I'll have to beat my brother into submission.
If violence is the only thing he understands, then I'm sure a broken bone or two will teach him a lesson.
Especially because yesterday he hit me, but what if tomorrow he gets angry and hits someone else? Like our mother or our father?
This needs to stop and violence, no matter how many say is bad, actually solves problems. Provided you use enough of it.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66820 on: October 22, 2013, 10:22:05 am »

But a few days before our father took his netbook for work-reasons without asking him (OH GOSH HORRIBLE CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY!) and since my brother made it an enormous issue of 'I work, I'm twenty-one, I can do what I want and you aren't giving me the proper respect!' my father answered back with 'It's my house, my rules. Get out of here if you don't want to'.
Wait...

So you mean your father took your brothers stuff without permission, and proceeded to tell him to get out of his house when he got angry about it? And then locked him out of the internet over this?

EDIT:
My father taking my brother's pc was really a non-issue for everyone except my brother who went on the mad-end of being stupid.
wtf

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66821 on: October 22, 2013, 11:36:51 am »

Yeah, I wouldn't be exactly happy about my stuff being taken without my permission.

Note, -without my permission-. If I were asked I'd probably say "Sure!" unless I needed it myself for something. WHICH is exactly why I want to be given the chance to grant permission.

On the other hand, getting hit with a pipe? If you lived in a place that wasn't the third-world of the first-world (lolitaly) I'd say call the cops. :V
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66822 on: October 22, 2013, 11:43:05 am »

Alright I did.

Why am I even listening to you? Answer: A mixture of wishful thinking + Confirmation Bias. But hey, let's see how things turn out.

I'm starting to feel more and more that that this was a disastrously bad idea. My nerves are tense and I'm just feeling the looming sense of dread that I always associate with the opposite sex. I genuinely don't think she'll reply even with a polite pleasantry, I was just a blip in her life that she wants to forget.

I need to go lie down.

FML, what was I even thinking.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #66823 on: October 22, 2013, 12:00:02 pm »

I should probably explain better.
My brother has three computers.
A laptop, a Gaming rig and a netbook.
He doesn't use the Netbook if not for the occasional 'in bed' navigation.

I have a netbook too, and I generally give it to my father without problems but I needed it for some work this time around (programming in java)
So yes, it really was a non-issue. It's more like if your father took a tissue from your room. You know he took one, but is it really something worth tantrumming over to the point of grabbing a metal pipe?

And my brother wasn't in the house at the time, while my father had to leave for work and head over to Milan. So I just said 'take his' thinking 'When my brother asks, I'll tell him dad needed one netbook and I gave him his'.

Putting up a fuss to the point of getting violent over it? There's no excusing that. My brother's gone bonkers and needs to be put down.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66824 on: October 22, 2013, 02:23:36 pm »

Guiz. The reasons for me to be happy in life are running out, D:
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧
Pages: 1 ... 4453 4454 [4455] 4456 4457 ... 8156