Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4454 4455 [4456] 4457 4458 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8576852 times)

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #66825 on: October 22, 2013, 02:24:57 pm »

Gah.

I go to continue that FIMfiction thing, but I just stare, and even if it is mainly moving text around, I have no motivation to do it.

Maybe a cup of coffee and a poptart will fix it :P

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #66826 on: October 22, 2013, 02:59:00 pm »

Gah.

I go to continue that FIMfiction thing, but I just stare, and even if it is mainly moving text around, I have no motivation to do it.

Hmm, coffee and poptarts help in the creative process?

* scrdest reserves www.poptarter.com
* scrdest kills himself over having an awful sense of humor
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66827 on: October 22, 2013, 03:04:53 pm »

Gah.

* LordSlowpoke flips through the Geneva Convention.

THERE'S NOTHING ABOUT PUNS HERE YOU

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66828 on: October 22, 2013, 03:06:54 pm »

Duda, literally everyone has that problem. The answer is: Further out than you'd think.
Just text her already :3

Alright I did.

Why am I even listening to you? Answer: A mixture of wishful thinking + Confirmation Bias. But hey, let's see how things turn out.

I'm starting to feel more and more that that this was a disastrously bad idea. My nerves are tense and I'm just feeling the looming sense of dread that I always associate with the opposite sex. I genuinely don't think she'll reply even with a polite pleasantry, I was just a blip in her life that she wants to forget.

I need to go lie down.

FML, what was I even thinking.
Hey, going through a similar thing right now, though with no real romantic component - randomly met an old (like way back) classmate who just started studying philosophy here at their freshmen bar crawl, and subsequently invited her (via facebook) to a mathematician's party. Very soon afterwards, she posts (openly visible) that she will have internet access "only sporadically" and thus may take a long time to reply to stuff. WTF thread material, but just so you know - nobody's special, especially in this regard :3
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #66829 on: October 22, 2013, 03:08:48 pm »

Gah.

* LordSlowpoke flips through the Geneva Convention.

THERE'S NOTHING ABOUT PUNS HERE YOU

* scrdest cannot respond, because he killed himself over having an awful sense of humor.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66830 on: October 22, 2013, 03:36:33 pm »

Heh.

Anyway, reason on Coffee and Poptarts is because my mother aquired a blueberry cream coffee, which nobody likes(those bastards :P) and Poptarts because Poptarts.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #66831 on: October 22, 2013, 07:38:42 pm »

Ahh, the irresistable draw of book collecting. Why else would I, an agnostic, be lusting after this complete, eight-volume, possibly leather-bound bilingual edition of the Summa Theologica? My friends, I have no answers.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66832 on: October 22, 2013, 09:06:35 pm »

It makes me sad that so many people though Russell Crowe's singing in Les Mis was bad. In fact I think he's really underrated in that role, that's one of the best Javerts I've heard.

Full disclosure, I thought he was a better Javert than Jackman was Valjean.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66833 on: October 22, 2013, 09:40:28 pm »

Duda, literally everyone has that problem. The answer is: Further out than you'd think.
Just text her already :3

Alright I did.

Why am I even listening to you? Answer: A mixture of wishful thinking + Confirmation Bias. But hey, let's see how things turn out.

I'm starting to feel more and more that that this was a disastrously bad idea. My nerves are tense and I'm just feeling the looming sense of dread that I always associate with the opposite sex. I genuinely don't think she'll reply even with a polite pleasantry, I was just a blip in her life that she wants to forget.

I need to go lie down.

FML, what was I even thinking.
Hey, going through a similar thing right now, though with no real romantic component - randomly met an old (like way back) classmate who just started studying philosophy here at their freshmen bar crawl, and subsequently invited her (via facebook) to a mathematician's party. Very soon afterwards, she posts (openly visible) that she will have internet access "only sporadically" and thus may take a long time to reply to stuff. WTF thread material, but just so you know - nobody's special, especially in this regard :3

I feel we speak from different platforms and perspectives. I appreciate your positivity, but it's usefulness is debatable to me.

I just need to block everything out right now so I can prepare for work with a clear head.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66834 on: October 22, 2013, 11:24:22 pm »

I feel we speak from different platforms and perspectives. I appreciate your positivity, but it's usefulness is debatable to me.
I just need to block everything out right now so I can prepare for work with a clear head.
I feel you might be overestimating your current plight.
Not meaning any offense, I don't really know you, I'm just saying it's not a good idea to ignore potentially good advice.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #66835 on: October 22, 2013, 11:39:56 pm »

Ahh, the irresistable draw of book collecting. Why else would I, an agnostic, be lusting after this complete, eight-volume, possibly leather-bound bilingual edition of the Summa Theologica? My friends, I have no answers.
... because it's an incredibly influential work that has massively influenced Western thought, and despite its religious base includes a fair amount of solid philosophy? From what I recall, despite it getting pretty out there with the metaphysics and whatnot, it's a interesting read. Definitely on the list of religiously motivated works that the non-religious would not be harmed, so to speak, by being familiar with.

... plus, iirc, it's just a nice read. Aquinas was a surprisingly good writer, if I'm not confusing him with Augustine. Pretty sure I'm not. I think I actually enjoyed doing some papers on either the Theologica or contra Gentiles.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #66836 on: October 23, 2013, 12:31:29 am »

... because it's an incredibly influential work that has massively influenced Western thought, and despite its religious base includes a fair amount of solid philosophy? From what I recall, despite it getting pretty out there with the metaphysics and whatnot, it's a interesting read. Definitely on the list of religiously motivated works that the non-religious would not be harmed, so to speak, by being familiar with.

... plus, iirc, it's just a nice read. Aquinas was a surprisingly good writer, if I'm not confusing him with Augustine. Pretty sure I'm not. I think I actually enjoyed doing some papers on either the Theologica or contra Gentiles.

Augustine was a bit of a dick, though.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #66837 on: October 23, 2013, 03:22:15 am »

Was woken up at the precise time my dream was going to turn awesome. I just located the rabbit hole by nearly dying a few times and walking trough thorns while following the golden train tracks (they weren't, there was just a bunch of dandelions on them). And I jump in, and just as it starts dragging me down my alarm starts screaming.

:C
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #66838 on: October 23, 2013, 03:26:00 am »

Hate it when that kind of thing happens.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66839 on: October 23, 2013, 07:22:43 am »

Glasses are breaking and I don't have money to get new ones.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.
Pages: 1 ... 4454 4455 [4456] 4457 4458 ... 8156