Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4472 4473 [4474] 4475 4476 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8575512 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #67095 on: October 31, 2013, 02:14:32 am »

what does the currency of georgia in the romanian commune of secu have to do with thermite of the barium nitrate and iron filing sort of firework

fuck are they called sparklers or what this bothers me

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67096 on: October 31, 2013, 02:22:06 am »

No idea. But you asked how I call them, and that's how I call them. You know, summoning.

I don't know what kind of wizard you are, but "calling" is a pretty straightforward spell for Hipster Scottish Viking... and whatever else I am, wizards.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67097 on: October 31, 2013, 02:27:30 am »

...i'm neither lubricated nor sugary enough for this shit

it was sparklers though

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #67098 on: October 31, 2013, 03:18:27 am »

The sad thing is that this is probably the first exam that I'm actually making an effort to study for. While I don't expect it to make miracles happen, maybe I could push myself off the rut that I'm stuck in.
I know this girl who I used to be friends with but we kind of drifted apart after a while who was always making great scores and winning academic competitions. I think that back then I was about on par with her, perhaps even better, so I'm thinking that maybe if I try to push myself I could maybe catch up with her again.

what sort of inane things could actually be a challenge to you

sit down grab them books and a pack of [insert preferred snack], throw some light music on at a low volume also chew gum

the last part i never actually did because i used it for the more utilitarian "goddamn i just ate a bunch of onions and i'm expected to socialize right now" stuff but according to some nerdlords your brain will map its taste to the stuff you're learning so if you also chew it during the exam (if you're not in uni by now, do it stealthily there's chances they don't even care much) you'll be able to recall more than otherwise

also take breaks every half hour or you'll fizzle out like one of these fireworks made out of barium nitrate and iron filings

this assumes you don't know much of studying. not trying to insult you or your abilities in any way, and make sure to relax a bit before you actually sit down, just take it easy and solve shit
I don't tend to use much studying techniques because from the few times I actually studied I found them too distracting. basically my study methods involve me doing shit ton of exercises that I dug up from the internet, asked from the teacher, or from old exams from other years. I do listen to music while working and follow the 20-(5)-20-(5)-20-(20) break method, I guess.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #67099 on: October 31, 2013, 05:59:17 am »

I'm sorta sad and terrified: I need to get an excellent score on the SAT test this December 7th and hopefully get a scholarship from any comp sci college to be able to short-circuit the remainder of my high school and go abroad.

High school is normally three years, but I had to take another extra year because of moving between country shenanigans. @_@

To that end, I've signed up for something like a cram school to help bolster my Writing score (it's in the gutters), but I have to cut back on my Math to do it. I hope my grades don't enter free-fall D:

(so many metaphors)

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #67100 on: October 31, 2013, 07:10:04 am »

The sad thing is that this is probably the first exam that I'm actually making an effort to study for. While I don't expect it to make miracles happen, maybe I could push myself off the rut that I'm stuck in.
I know this girl who I used to be friends with but we kind of drifted apart after a while who was always making great scores and winning academic competitions. I think that back then I was about on par with her, perhaps even better, so I'm thinking that maybe if I try to push myself I could maybe catch up with her again.

sit down grab them books and a pack of [insert preferred snack], throw some light music on at a low volume also chew gum

the last part i never actually did because i used it for the more utilitarian "goddamn i just ate a bunch of onions and i'm expected to socialize right now" stuff but according to some nerdlords your brain will map its taste to the stuff you're learning so if you also chew it during the exam (if you're not in uni by now, do it stealthily there's chances they don't even care much) you'll be able to recall more than otherwise

also take breaks every half hour or you'll fizzle out like one of these fireworks made out of barium nitrate and iron filings

this assumes you don't know much of studying. not trying to insult you or your abilities in any way, and make sure to relax a bit before you actually sit down, just take it easy and solve shit
I don't tend to use much studying techniques because from the few times I actually studied I found them too distracting. basically my study methods involve me doing shit ton of exercises that I dug up from the internet, asked from the teacher, or from old exams from other years. I do listen to music while working and follow the 20-(5)-20-(5)-20-(20) break method, I guess.

How would you get around to assimilating something that isn't exercise-based - specifically something that you just have to memorize?

I'm trying to study for an Analytical Chemistry test next week, and it feels like I've reached my memory cap - if I memorize the information from the pages later on, I start forgetting what was at the beginning. And I'm working on it for three weeks now.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67101 on: October 31, 2013, 08:45:22 am »

There's no point in me doing anything today.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67102 on: October 31, 2013, 08:46:29 am »

There's no point to doing anything ever.

And yet, people do stuff. I wonder why. [/sinceritymode]

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67103 on: October 31, 2013, 08:48:31 am »

You're not helping.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67104 on: October 31, 2013, 08:48:31 am »

Because it's fun sometimes. Sometimes the only thing to do is things that you don't want to though and that sucks.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67105 on: October 31, 2013, 08:56:02 am »

Because it's fun sometimes. Sometimes the only thing to do is things that you don't want to though and that sucks.

Pretty much sums it up.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67106 on: October 31, 2013, 11:49:00 am »

Just hacked a quarter-sized wad of green phlegm out of my lungs, and I can feel that there's more in there.

Thank god I've been seriously treating this like a Possible Pneumonia Event.  This could be so much worse.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #67107 on: October 31, 2013, 12:00:23 pm »

Sounds reminiscent of the Possibly Pneumonia I had last year. I'd go to a doctor at this point.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #67108 on: October 31, 2013, 01:17:20 pm »

How would you get around to assimilating something that isn't exercise-based - specifically something that you just have to memorize?

I'm trying to study for an Analytical Chemistry test next week, and it feels like I've reached my memory cap - if I memorize the information from the pages later on, I start forgetting what was at the beginning. And I'm working on it for three weeks now.
Writing them down repeatedly like you are back in kindergarten or some shit works for me.
That's what I'm doing for the geometric angle rules.

I don't really know though cos I don't tend to forget things.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67109 on: October 31, 2013, 01:28:42 pm »

I actually feel quite good relative to the other times I've had pneumonia and also I have this recurring fear that I'm going to go to the doctor and they'll be all "LOL what are you complaining about you fucking coward," but at this point I'm clocking in at Looks Like Pneumonia once a year...

Ughghghghgh fuck fine I'll give them a call and see if they have any appointments.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 4472 4473 [4474] 4475 4476 ... 8156