Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4477 4478 [4479] 4480 4481 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8572430 times)

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #67170 on: November 01, 2013, 03:41:06 pm »

I will just sit here, not at all bitter that the Union Jack kinda forgets my cold damp corner of the UK then...

A Union Jack with black instead of blue could represent both Wales and Cornwall.

Spoiler: Try this on for size. (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 03:45:19 pm by Owlbread »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67171 on: November 01, 2013, 03:46:25 pm »

Scorpion peppers while on antibiotics: Never again. I think I just lost 3 or 4 pounds over the course of 15 minutes, and I'm going to spend the rest of the day walking funny.

Oh, Bauglir. . . D:  I hope you feel better soon. . .
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #67172 on: November 01, 2013, 07:02:19 pm »

I'm just sitting here. Wearing stupid mask and dapper hat. Waiting for trick-or-treaters who won't be coming. Why?

Because it's pouring rain outside. But I'm still stuck here. By the door. Wearing stupid mask and dapper hat.

E: Stupid mask is tight, too. I've red marks all over my face from the damned thing.
Yeah, I went out after work, bought about $30 of candy, since I'm new to the area and have no idea how many kids will show up... And there is absolutely no one. I'm not sure whether it's because trick-or-treating is set for another night or just that I'm in a boring apartment complex consisting primarily of college students and older...

... Yeah, I'm pretty sure it isn't tonight. >_>
I now have several kg of candies.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #67173 on: November 01, 2013, 07:04:32 pm »

Time to move to the happy thread with this.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67174 on: November 01, 2013, 07:05:44 pm »

You know, in my last year of medical school I was having lunch with some people from first year, who had an anatomy exam the following day. One of them joked that he hadn't studied because he was "the typical asshole who studied everything the night before and got full marks nonwithstanding". I chuckled at his joke, but while I was going upstairs to my room, I suddenly realized that I had said pretty much the same bullshit years prior when I was in his shoes, and thus, that he fucking meant it.
I took no pleasure seeing him go down in flames the next day. I knew that feeling, too.

The moral of the story is that you should probably aim to quit that attitude because the longer it takes you, the more it will hurt when the time comes. But then again, odds are that this is not a moral that can be learned without suffering it on your own skin. So take it as you like.

Yeah this was about 50 posts ago but I saw it on the same page as the end :P

I'm just getting over it and it's ruined my chances of National Student Exchange for next year. So I won't be able to go to Canada as soon as I liked.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #67176 on: November 01, 2013, 11:33:01 pm »

Time to move to the happy thread with this.
Except, I'm an adult, and my taste buds have shifted away from super-sugary candies and towards good restaurant stuff. For the most part, I prefer going out and getting something good rather than devouring buckets of candy; and I'm at the point in my life where I have enough money to do so on a regular basis.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #67178 on: November 02, 2013, 12:17:46 am »

...what about those, I mean? They're just stuffed toys?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #67179 on: November 02, 2013, 12:41:23 am »

...what about those, I mean? They're just stuffed toys?
Yo dawg, we heard you liked toys, so we made a toy you can stuff with your stuffed toys.

I dunno, the concept seems sleazy to me. "7 secret pockets to hide your toys?" Why would you need to hide your toys if you're a harmless kid?  Are you playing with fire and need to hide the burning or something? Are "toys" slang for illegal drugs and this product is actually an elaborate attempt to smuggle stuff around in a harmless looking scapegoat? Do the kids have inappropriate adult phallus-shaped toys they're playing with that they need to hide from their parents?

Why would the kids need this in the first place? If it's for carrying toys, why market it for "hiding" toys?

Also, that slogan for the company is "Enriching kids through the power of play." Potentially hiding things from your parents is enriching? There's something fishy with those toys. (Fisher-pricey? Ha, pun.)
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #67180 on: November 02, 2013, 08:02:18 am »

Aaaand I procrastrinated so long that I might as well stop learning and save my test chance for a time when I am actually prepared to make the test.

In other words, all tests of this semester will have to be (re)done in the same two weeks I will have to make the tests of the next semester.
fuckfuckfuck I suck at studying :<

I guess I'll just assume future me will learn how to study sometime between now and the end of the next semester...

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #67181 on: November 02, 2013, 11:25:06 am »

For the most part, I prefer going out and getting something good rather than devouring buckets of candy
That IS sad. Okay, you may remain in the sad thread.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #67182 on: November 02, 2013, 11:40:04 am »

Urg. And I think some fruitflies must have hatched in my apartment. I really hope some spiders move in soon and clear these out.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67183 on: November 02, 2013, 11:46:02 am »

Urg. And I think some fruitflies must have hatched in my apartment. I really hope some spiders move in soon and clear these out.

Man, now there's spiders everywhere! I best get some house centipedes to clean them out.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #67184 on: November 02, 2013, 12:05:49 pm »

Fruitflies. Ugh, how I hate those little assholes. I hate flies in general, but at least the big ones are easy to murderize if you hit them.

Throw out/hide in fridge/whatever all the fruit and nuts and check for any liquid containers and water droplets exposed to the air. Buy one of those anti-fruitfly tablet/plate thingies.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 4477 4478 [4479] 4480 4481 ... 8156