Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4479 4480 [4481] 4482 4483 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8566305 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #67200 on: November 02, 2013, 08:25:34 pm »

Spoiler: About Sucker Punch (click to show/hide)
Whew, that was long. And ranty. And should probably not be read by anyone - do yourselves a favor, people, and leave those spoilers closed ;)
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67201 on: November 02, 2013, 08:59:00 pm »

Spoiler: About Sucker Punch (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67202 on: November 02, 2013, 09:23:08 pm »

Subtlety can be great. But if nobody gets it, it's sort of self defeating.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #67203 on: November 02, 2013, 09:24:04 pm »

Then watch Starship Troopers. It even asks you if you'd like to know more!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67204 on: November 02, 2013, 09:54:53 pm »

Then watch Starship Troopers. It even asks you if you'd like to know more!
"Watch" Starship Troopers?  Why the hell would you do that?
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67205 on: November 02, 2013, 09:57:40 pm »

FOR THE IRONY OF IT
Sig! Onol

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #67206 on: November 02, 2013, 10:04:20 pm »

Have lots to do with little motivation.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67207 on: November 02, 2013, 10:32:56 pm »

Just opened my homework notebook and noticed at the front I have the page for one of the extra credit problems.

The really hard one.

The really hard one I spent nearly 3 hours working out.

The really hard one I spent nearly 3 hours working out that is supposed to be neatly sitting in the homework bundle I handed in last week...

Fuuuuuuck...
I hate myself.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #67208 on: November 02, 2013, 10:34:28 pm »

Is it about differentiation?

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67209 on: November 02, 2013, 10:38:44 pm »

Yes, it's about cones and finding the derivative of the cone's change in height. It's one of the only ones that I was pretty sure I got right... At the end of the day it's still just one point, but I'm seriously worried it will wind up being a point I need.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #67210 on: November 03, 2013, 01:43:01 am »

Oh man.  I made the mistake of watching a youtube video linked without explanation.  It was the Kyle Dinkheller video, where a cop gets murdered on dashcam by a Vietnam veteran. 

I've obviously seen shit like that before, but I've never seen one with sound.  I can't get that last scream out of my head.  It's the worst thing I've ever heard.
Shoes...

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67211 on: November 03, 2013, 02:34:00 am »

Once again, I find myself sitting here, with some actual time, that I could be using to do actual productive things.
I have things to do. Lots of things to do.
I have a massive map that I've done practically nothing on in about a week. I have a suggestion game that I haven't worked on in maybe two weeks. I have a Let's Play that I should update, it doesn't even take long to update at all, that I could get out of the way. I have an idea for another game I could be writing down. I have maybe three other things I'd like to get started on. I've been meaning to get started on a story I've been meaning to write for maybe 3 years now, that I've never started.
And what do I do?
Nothing.
Absolutely nothing.
I'm sitting here, computer in my lap, tons of things I need to get to work on in front of me, and I'm just sitting here doing nothing, staring at the clock and dreading having to go to work in the morning because I know it'll feel like my spine will decay out of my back the second I try to move.
I'm trying. I really am. At least, it feels like I am. But it also feels like I'm not.
Every time I do something, or fail to do something, I feel like it's my fault and I should have and could have prevented it. Even if it was completely out of my control, I still feel that way. I lie to myself and tell myself that I can control it, even when I know I'm just lying to myself.
I'm just so tired of this. I'm tired of feeling like I'm letting people down, I'm tired of sitting here when I could do something useful. I don't even feel like I have a right to complain, because things could be worse. Things have been worse before. There are people going through serious problems right now and I'm being all sad over myself because I won't suck it up and do something about it, and I'm hating myself for it, and it's only making it harder.

I don't know what to do.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67212 on: November 03, 2013, 04:19:12 am »

Forum games are meant to be fun.

Don't feel obligated. If it's not fun, don't force it, please. I'm in both games and I love them dearly but they should be fun for the GM. You're not letting me down.

If the game's making you feel bad, I don't think I like that. I want you to enjoy the things you create, I don't want you to think of them as a burden. We can wait. We have, and will. It's not a problem. We don't blame you for it.

As for feeling bad about feeling bad? I felt sad Friday because I forgot my lunch at home and had to go get it instead of hanging out with friends. It was a bummer for my whole day. Sure there's people who don't have lunch. I still felt sad. It's okay to feel sad about things, even silly things, because that's how us people work. Don't be ashamed to feel sad about the little things. Or the big things. Or the things that aren't necessarily big things but aren't small things. If it's a sad thing it's okay to feel sad.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #67213 on: November 03, 2013, 12:57:03 pm »

Started playing Blacklight: Retribution today.

7 matches.

3 kills.

88 deaths.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67214 on: November 03, 2013, 02:31:04 pm »

Forum games are meant to be fun.

Don't feel obligated. If it's not fun, don't force it, please. I'm in both games and I love them dearly but they should be fun for the GM. You're not letting me down.

If the game's making you feel bad, I don't think I like that. I want you to enjoy the things you create, I don't want you to think of them as a burden. We can wait. We have, and will. It's not a problem. We don't blame you for it.

As for feeling bad about feeling bad? I felt sad Friday because I forgot my lunch at home and had to go get it instead of hanging out with friends. It was a bummer for my whole day. Sure there's people who don't have lunch. I still felt sad. It's okay to feel sad about things, even silly things, because that's how us people work. Don't be ashamed to feel sad about the little things. Or the big things. Or the things that aren't necessarily big things but aren't small things. If it's a sad thing it's okay to feel sad.
This. Don't force it if you don't feel it.
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 4479 4480 [4481] 4482 4483 ... 8156