Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4480 4481 [4482] 4483 4484 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8570151 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #67215 on: November 03, 2013, 02:38:39 pm »

Laptop broke. I turned it on this morning (which was odd since I left it on overnight while plugged into the wall) and it immediately went into hibernate mode after booting. Now it refuses to do anything at all when I press the power button.

Pretty sure whatever component checks the battery power and/or whether it's plugged in is busted and thinks there's 0 power whatsoever, even though there is.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67216 on: November 03, 2013, 02:46:55 pm »

Just got back from monstering at a LARP event. The final fight went rather badly for the players, resulting in 8 character deaths. I wasn't involved in any of them, but I can't help feeling a bit guilty. Some of those characters have been around for years   :(
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #67217 on: November 03, 2013, 02:58:00 pm »

So the tablet got fixed, except it didn't, and when I plugged it in it fried one of my USB ports apparently since it doesn't register anything now.

Oh well, it was worth a shot, I'm only curious what went wrong, most probably a short was made with the solder. Now I get to wait a while before I try and order myself a new one, incredibly annoying.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67218 on: November 03, 2013, 05:31:01 pm »

I'm sick. I have only one word to describe this. Shittery.

EDIT: Not literal shittery, mind you.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 05:45:17 pm by Steelmagic »
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #67219 on: November 03, 2013, 06:07:11 pm »

So for my project research I need to find some articles and books on Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Iterative Agile Development, and Web Service design (particularly Restful Web Services). Most of these are things that only really managed to take off with cloud computing's sudden rapid momentum, so they really got industry focus in the last 5 years. The earliest formalisation and research into cloud computing according to wikipedia was in 2007, so this is all pretty new stuff.

And guess what they don't have any books on in the university libraries? Looks like my bibliography is gonna have a lot of internet links...

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #67220 on: November 03, 2013, 06:30:14 pm »

Forum games are meant to be fun.

Don't feel obligated. If it's not fun, don't force it, please. I'm in both games and I love them dearly but they should be fun for the GM. You're not letting me down.

If the game's making you feel bad, I don't think I like that. I want you to enjoy the things you create, I don't want you to think of them as a burden. We can wait. We have, and will. It's not a problem. We don't blame you for it.

As for feeling bad about feeling bad? I felt sad Friday because I forgot my lunch at home and had to go get it instead of hanging out with friends. It was a bummer for my whole day. Sure there's people who don't have lunch. I still felt sad. It's okay to feel sad about things, even silly things, because that's how us people work. Don't be ashamed to feel sad about the little things. Or the big things. Or the things that aren't necessarily big things but aren't small things. If it's a sad thing it's okay to feel sad.
This. Don't force it if you don't feel it.

>Feel bad about bailing as GM in the Dark Heresy game.
>Come to sad thread for unrelated reasons.
>See this, feel a bit better.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #67221 on: November 03, 2013, 06:33:54 pm »

Ugh horrible cold; Can't stop sneezing.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #67222 on: November 03, 2013, 06:59:58 pm »

Don't feel obligated. If it's not fun, don't force it, please. I'm in both games and I love them dearly but they should be fun for the GM. You're not letting me down.

If the game's making you feel bad, I don't think I like that. I want you to enjoy the things you create, I don't want you to think of them as a burden. We can wait. We have, and will. It's not a problem. We don't blame you for it.

As for feeling bad about feeling bad? I felt sad Friday because I forgot my lunch at home and had to go get it instead of hanging out with friends. It was a bummer for my whole day. Sure there's people who don't have lunch. I still felt sad. It's okay to feel sad about things, even silly things, because that's how us people work. Don't be ashamed to feel sad about the little things. Or the big things. Or the things that aren't necessarily big things but aren't small things. If it's a sad thing it's okay to feel sad.

Us still in the game are plenty fine with that too.
You'll be happy to know that I've caused most of the party to hate me, beyond the one reasonable Guardsman and the other feral world psyker.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67223 on: November 03, 2013, 09:45:12 pm »

I had a really vivid memory from first grade pop into my head while I was showering today. It was really random, and left me feeling really sad that life used to be so not-complicated and fun and happy but at some point got all complicated and confusing.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67224 on: November 03, 2013, 10:59:51 pm »

Us still in the game are plenty fine with that too.
You'll be happy to know that I've caused most of the party to hate me, beyond the one reasonable Guardsman and the other feral world psyker.
Thanks, guys. It means a lot.
I think one of the reasons I've been feeling bad lately is because my body has been fighting an illness, and I just learned of it today now that it's hit hard, and I feel terrible. So I haven't been able to think straight through things properly, and it was all piling up on me for a while.

And I'm sorry about your lunch, Pufferfish, I know what it's like to have to miss out on things because of things like that, and it's not fun, and I know that if you told most people about how it made you feel they would say it's silly, but it still hurts you. Just know that you're not alone.

And I'm glad I could make you feel a bit better about it, Hanslanda. The game's going really fun with HFS in command, and I really enjoyed reading the parts where you were running it.

And I've got your back, Xantalos. I wouldn't be surprised if the whole party makes a two-way split by the time our mission is up.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67225 on: November 03, 2013, 11:09:48 pm »

By the time our mission is up? The way it's going I'll be chased off the planet by a mob before the night's out.
Sig! Onol

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67226 on: November 03, 2013, 11:27:24 pm »

By the time our mission is up? The way it's going I'll be chased off the planet by a mob before the night's out.
We can take 'em!
The Derail Thread

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67227 on: November 03, 2013, 11:33:35 pm »

We can take 'em!
Quick, cast Summon Dae- I mean Unnatural Aim!
Sig! Onol

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67228 on: November 03, 2013, 11:35:15 pm »

We can take 'em!
Quick, cast Summon Dae- I mean Unnatural Aim!
Hey, wait.
My Spasm power cause someone holding a gun to have it go off aimed at the person nearest them.
If they are being assisted by psychic powers, does that make it more lethal?
The Derail Thread

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67229 on: November 03, 2013, 11:38:58 pm »

Tests will be needed.
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 4480 4481 [4482] 4483 4484 ... 8156