Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4493 4494 [4495] 4496 4497 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8580641 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #67410 on: November 09, 2013, 03:00:04 pm »

« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 03:03:34 pm by scrdest »
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #67411 on: November 09, 2013, 03:01:51 pm »

Okay, can people stop this debate now. If you want to continue this, do as Owlbread has done and continue via PMs. Even Sappho has left because this is getting ugly, so stop. Don't call down the toad here.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #67412 on: November 09, 2013, 03:10:22 pm »

Meanwhile, last night was almost a good night, but then I got word that my friend overdosed again. She's alive, but it just stresses me out and deepens my depression. Should it affect my depression? I dunno.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67413 on: November 09, 2013, 03:29:11 pm »

Meanwhile, last night was almost a good night, but then I got word that my friend overdosed again. She's alive, but it just stresses me out and deepens my depression. Should it affect my depression? I dunno.

It's normal to feel stressed and worried about the people you care about. Have you talked with her about it at all? Not in something like a therapist capacity, of course... but as a friend? And let her know how it makes you feel? And that you do worry and care about her, and don't want her to harm herself?

Might help improve some of how you're feeling too. I wish you and your friend the best.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67414 on: November 09, 2013, 03:34:51 pm »

Yeah, I talked to her about. She has known how I feel towards her harming herself for awhile... she still does it, regardless.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67415 on: November 09, 2013, 03:38:19 pm »

It's normal to feel stressed and worried about the people you care about. Have you talked with her about it at all? Not in something like a therapist capacity, of course... but as a friend? And let her know how it makes you feel? And that you do worry and care about her, and don't want her to harm herself?

Might help improve some of how you're feeling too. I wish you and your friend the best.

Yeah, I talked to her about. She has known how I feel towards her harming herself for awhile... she still does it, regardless.

There's only so much you can do for someone else... I'm sorry. :\

Hope she can get the help she needs, then.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67416 on: November 09, 2013, 03:43:18 pm »

There's only so much you can do for someone else... I'm sorry. :\

Hope she can get the help she needs, then.
Yeah... I just hate feeling helpless in situations like this.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #67417 on: November 09, 2013, 04:03:24 pm »

I wrote a whole textwall for conversation Sappho started and then the conversation apparently ended while I was typing.  Perhaps for the best, the last gender-relations tinged discussion I got into on this forum ate my life for two days.  But I'm too invested to not say anything at this point, so I'll just strip it down to the barest points I was making and leave out any details or argument.

1.  The fear of sexual assault Sappho is describing is not unique to her, at all.

2.  Some of the responses were specifically the wrong way to respond to a discussion of the above fear.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67418 on: November 09, 2013, 04:32:36 pm »

My response was very much the wrong way to respond to a discussion of that fear. Even though I still believe the things that I said, it was completely emotionally-illiterate of me to respond with them in the way I did, and for that I apologise.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 04:37:16 pm by Owlbread »

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #67419 on: November 09, 2013, 04:45:13 pm »

Hugs? Hugs. And delicious baked goods to people who are not fans of hugs.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #67420 on: November 09, 2013, 04:49:25 pm »

My response was very much the wrong way to respond to a discussion of that fear. Even though I still believe the things that I said, it was completely emotionally-illiterate of me to respond with them in the way I did, and for that I apologise.

Well I think congratulations are in order!  You may have been the first ever person to apologize over an online forum.

...also I've now posted in the sad thread, which means my unread posts list is going to contain sadness now.

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67421 on: November 09, 2013, 05:12:06 pm »

Hugs? Hugs. And delicious baked goods to people who are not fans of hugs.
...what baked goods will there be?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67422 on: November 09, 2013, 05:32:59 pm »

Cute Texas guy lives in Texas. sadcan
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67423 on: November 09, 2013, 05:34:41 pm »

cute is cute is cute

if the guy is cute then texas must turn cute to accommodate his cuteness

trust me, i'm a cuteness expert.

(that, or canada has to deal with being outshined by a single immigrant)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67424 on: November 09, 2013, 05:37:49 pm »

Cute girlfriend is in Canada. I feel your pain Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 4493 4494 [4495] 4496 4497 ... 8156