Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4496 4497 [4498] 4499 4500 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8576327 times)

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #67455 on: November 09, 2013, 11:58:13 pm »

Phlanx Soldier
Phlanxman
Legionary

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #67456 on: November 09, 2013, 11:58:19 pm »

I just feel like a big pile of shit today. Not, I feel unwell. I just am unhappy.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #67457 on: November 10, 2013, 03:55:28 am »

I worked on my plant simulation all day, and then I realized that I broke the soil water simulation part of it. It's not supposed to wildly fluctuate between 0 and 100% saturated
I should have super-saved the old version into mercurial before I did so much work. Now I broke it and I don't know which part is broken. I can't tell what to fix :(

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67458 on: November 10, 2013, 09:03:06 am »

Went to a trampoline gym last night, which was naturally full of kids as such a place would be, with a few other adults.  I used to love trampoline stuff as recently as ten years ago, and we wound up taking a bunch of pointers and having a competition with some kids who were younger than that.  Then we played dodgeball.

Fifteen minutes after I started in the first place, could feel my muscles tightening up when I managed a backflip for the first time.  But I don't back down when I'm having fun.  Half an hour into the dodgeball game I could feel my left hamstring seizing.  But I don't back down when I'm having fun.  Then I finally stopped when the pain turned from bad to sharp.  Then I tried one more time.

I don't think I actually hurt anything because I still have full range of motion in everything, and the sharp pain was actually a skin burn.  But I've never felt more old in my life than watching a bunch of kids do exactly the kind of thing I loved to do at their age, try it myself, and feel my entire body about to give out in less than an hour.  I'm not going to be able to walk straight for days.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67459 on: November 10, 2013, 10:12:15 am »

Keep doing it. Your body's probably just no longer used to it, and so cramping. More you do it, less it'll cramp.

Yeah it was great exercise and I'd love to do it some more.  Just that people frown on the idea of a grown man with no children going to an activity center intended for ages 12 And Under.

I'd like to have a trampoline, but with no yard that would be pretty hard to keep.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67460 on: November 10, 2013, 11:09:15 am »

Trampolines are death traps, anyways. Moon Bounce is where it's at.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #67461 on: November 10, 2013, 11:16:16 am »

My work will no longer allow you to be absent for medical or court-related (outside of jury duty) reasons.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #67462 on: November 10, 2013, 11:28:20 am »

That, they have to authorize under Federal Law. Same with Jury Duty. But if you simply have he flu, food poisoning, or the Black Plague, you still have to go to work or you get wrote up.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #67463 on: November 10, 2013, 11:39:46 am »

Make sure to spread it to the people who thought up that policy.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #67464 on: November 10, 2013, 11:40:32 am »

That, they have to authorize under Federal Law. Same with Jury Duty. But if you simply have he flu, food poisoning, or the Black Plague, you still have to go to work or you get wrote up.
That's not very smart. Getting all your employees infected with whatever is going around is certain to reduce productivity and increase odds of mutiny.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #67465 on: November 10, 2013, 11:44:17 am »

They're fed up with extensive absenteeism caused by their poor hiring practices (the previous owners preferred to hire stupid fuckoffs that were easily replaceable and wouldn't last long enough there to cause trouble), unpleasant professional environment, and unhealthy working conditions (most of the employees there have some kind of breathing problem due to sust.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67466 on: November 10, 2013, 11:51:34 am »

Keep doing it. Your body's probably just no longer used to it, and so cramping. More you do it, less it'll cramp.

Yeah it was great exercise and I'd love to do it some more.  Just that people frown on the idea of a grown man with no children going to an activity center intended for ages 12 And Under.

I'd like to have a trampoline, but with no yard that would be pretty hard to keep.
Screw society!

put the trampoline on the roof

all the more incentive to not fuck up

also screw society

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67467 on: November 10, 2013, 11:55:49 am »

i'm all for making it a motto and throwing rocks at people who post in the happy thread

...on second thought forget the rocks. these will be kept for special occasions

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #67468 on: November 10, 2013, 02:00:15 pm »

My work will no longer allow you to be absent for medical or court-related (outside of jury duty) reasons.
... huh. Are... you in the states? And how many people do they have working for them? Because I'm fairly sure if it's over 50, they're legally required in the US to give at most 12 weeks of unpaid medical leave per year (for folks that worked more than... somewhere around 1.2k hours? The year previous, anyway.) and can get into fairly serious shit if they fire people because of it.

If it's a small company, though, they're probably in the legal clear. Still. Non-zero chance that's not legal. If you care enough, there might be a local (/state/etc.) group that does stuff about crap like that. Fairly sure there's a federal organization or two that's supposed to look into stuff like that, as well.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #67469 on: November 10, 2013, 02:17:19 pm »

It has to be a "serious illness", i.e crippling or life-threatening.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 4496 4497 [4498] 4499 4500 ... 8156