Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4528 4529 [4530] 4531 4532 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8580683 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #67935 on: November 28, 2013, 04:43:38 pm »

When have we ever taken the practical way?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #67936 on: November 28, 2013, 05:02:20 pm »

Grass tastes eh.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Foamybeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KEK in all things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67937 on: November 28, 2013, 07:47:29 pm »

My dad has a heating pad that he made from Corn kernels that he let dry out for a month.

It works awesomely as a heating pad... And smells like popcorn when you use it.
Dwarf Fortress Immortality: Cask of Amontillado-ing all your dwarves.
I'm trying to figure out how creeping eyes vomit despite not having a mouth.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67938 on: November 28, 2013, 08:21:19 pm »

Happy thanksgiving everyone.

I just have to deal with how any kind of holiday stands a reminder of how increasingly desperate and worthless my life is. If you were to write it down, how would you numerically represent something that's increasingly worthless? I'm not sure, but each day I ask myself if that's the case.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67939 on: November 28, 2013, 09:35:00 pm »

ToonTown, an MMO produced by Disney, is now dead. I played the trial version for a while, and a month with a free code I got for it, so it's not like I was attached to it or anything. Still, I get really sad when I see great games get up and die. At least with single-player games, like Nethack, I can go back and visit. But now this thing is just gone.

It seems that every MMO that I thing is something special and unique goes and dies. It started with my first online game, VMK, and a handful after that. (Anyone play Glitch?). For some reason, my brain treats these games as if they were people, and their death always feels quite real to me. It just sucks that these pieces of art that have had so much time and energy put into them by dozens of people are going to get shoved into a closet and never be seen again. Companies should release the source code or something! (Or at least do what Glitch did, and release the assets.)

Oh well. As long as the Kingdom of Loathing is around, I suppose I'll be good. (knocks on wood)

EDIT: I think this quote from an article explains it:
"When a virtual world closes, its users lose many things all at once," said Nick Yee, a researcher who has been studying virtual worlds for 14 years. "A living, breathing community with its own unique culture, slang, and lore; an accessible and familiar hangout with regulars and familiar faces; an online identity and persona that they're emotionally invested in and cultivated over time; and a social network of friends who have shared many experiences together."

I know a lot of my family thinks it's silly that I have people on the internet that I would consider to be much closer friends than a lot of the people I speak to on a daily basis, but they really are. There's this one person in particular who was a great help to my mental state during a period where I was always feeling pretty down and depressed, and didn't really have a lot of people to speak to in the "real world". I think that it's perfectly fine if you have digital denizens you consider to be true friends.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 09:38:43 pm by quinnr »
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67940 on: November 28, 2013, 09:50:36 pm »

I felt the same way when City of Heroes shut down. It's still on my Steam list, forever taunting me with the knowledge that unless someone gets a private server set up no one will ever play it again.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #67941 on: November 28, 2013, 10:47:19 pm »

Would depend on the type of grass, looking in to it, since apparently grass includes a lot of stuff I didn't really realize it included. Wikipower, etc., etc.

As for basic lawn grass... I'd be surprised if it was very good (grass itself tastes kinda' bad...), but. Maybe give it a try? Looks like you could get a seed pack for pretty cheap, and there's almost certainly a number of places in your area that sells 'em.

E: Googling revealed that... apparently some sorts of grass seed are sometimes used in the brewing of beer. Apparently has a taste similar to an acorn? So, I... guess it's fairly possible?
Sounds bitter.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #67942 on: November 28, 2013, 11:12:37 pm »

Grass tastes eh.

:(

You mean actual grass? I'm sorry.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67943 on: November 29, 2013, 12:36:24 am »

Grass tastes eh.

:(

You mean actual grass? I'm sorry.
I've also tried it too.
I can only describe the flavor as somewhat...
green...
Don't ask.
Generic green leafy taste. Like lettuce, except worse.

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Well, go on ... parade!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67944 on: November 29, 2013, 12:42:19 am »

http://gma.yahoo.com/teen-half-face-stands-her-bullies-112631667--abc-news-health.html

I don't know what makes me more sad. The fact that this happened to her at all is terrible and clearly something nobody deserves. Then there's the idea that people are making fun of a kid for this. I get it, her bullies are probably other kids (mostly, but then there was the store cashier and other adults...), which is still bad, but.... I don't know. Kids are cruel and while that certainly doesn't excuse bullying, you can't blame a child who bullies as much as you can an adult....

I'll just save time and only mention in passing how it's sad that people judge based on appearance. It just seems incredibly unfair all around.

We seem to live in a world where something called "neurofibromatosis" exists, can give you disfiguring cancer in your face, and you get made fun of for it. That is a sad thing. I am glad the article says she got some surgeries or something to help her. I really hope her tumor doesn't come back.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67945 on: November 29, 2013, 01:27:16 am »

Cease your silliness. Your posts are coherent enough.

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Well, go on ... parade!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67946 on: November 29, 2013, 01:35:38 am »

Can't sleep.

Ditto. Second night in a row I can't sleep too...

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #67947 on: November 29, 2013, 08:12:42 am »

Things not on sale on Black Friday: everything on my Amazon wish list.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67948 on: November 29, 2013, 10:54:25 am »

UGH!!!

Woke up killer stomach ache, still wouldn't have stopped me from going to school...

But then I took a drink and it got trapped in my esophagus, luckily this happened before so I knew to IMMEDIATELY stop drinking, but now it is ridiculous to think of going.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #67949 on: November 29, 2013, 11:42:04 am »

Stupid things thread is dead. Though fittingly, it died because of some VERY stupid things.

Rest in Derp.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 4528 4529 [4530] 4531 4532 ... 8156