Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4548 4549 [4550] 4551 4552 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8586255 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #68235 on: December 11, 2013, 02:52:13 am »

There's these things called "pseudonyms" and "pen names" that get around that.
Yeah, I know, but some of the stories I have are so unbelievable that no one would read them anyway. It's all good.
You underestimate the gullibility of readers.

My sad is shyness.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68236 on: December 11, 2013, 03:09:03 am »

My sad is shyness.
This can actually work for you, it helped me in life.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68237 on: December 11, 2013, 03:09:23 am »

How so?
Sig! Onol

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68238 on: December 11, 2013, 03:11:48 am »

Some people, mostly antisocial ones, are put off by people who are outgoing or who could be considered "clingy".
Being shy makes you more appealing to them. It can also keep you out of trouble.
The Derail Thread

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68239 on: December 11, 2013, 03:18:11 am »

No see, I'm that unique blend of shy and socially adept that I can do tacit superficial social maneuvers with ease but flounder like hell when it comes to anything intimate.
Not that I know of course because my mental walls won't let me try anything like what would lead to intimacy in the first place.
Sig! Onol

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68240 on: December 11, 2013, 05:10:48 am »

My cat's probably going to die soon, and I can't afford a vet until the next batch of student aid sometime in January. Already living on potatoes and beans as it is.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68241 on: December 11, 2013, 07:22:07 am »

No see, I'm that unique blend of shy and socially adept that I can do tacit superficial social maneuvers with ease but flounder like hell when it comes to anything intimate.
Not that I know of course because my mental walls won't let me try anything like what would lead to intimacy in the first place.
*hug* I know that feel.
Does this feel awkward to you?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #68242 on: December 11, 2013, 08:10:53 pm »

My brother in law apparently attempted suicide three times... not sure if he meant his latest attempt was in the last 24 hours or if he attempted three times in the last 24 hours.  Sent him a facebook message explaining that he's a wonderful person who will go far in life, and has plenty of family and friends who love him.  God I hope he's ok still.  He's probably the last person I expected to do that :/  He's a good guy... friendly and knowledgeable and all that.

And in sorta less important news considering what I just found out, my options for continuing my BA in video game art are very limited and still suck.  I might have to go back to the Art Institute after all :(

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68243 on: December 11, 2013, 10:05:13 pm »

*hug* I know that feel.
Hmm, I can't really help you there, I didn't develop any social capabilities until later, so I was just always shy to everyone.
My advice? Just be yourself. Honestly, that's the most important thing. Trying to be something you aren't will only drive you crazy, and if you do get close to someone, they'll discover the real you sooner or later, anyway.

Don't try to be intimate. It'll come naturally when it's time.
The Derail Thread

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #68244 on: December 11, 2013, 10:44:55 pm »

I'm not sure why I wrote adaption instead of adaptation. I'm stupid ;_;

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #68245 on: December 11, 2013, 10:49:47 pm »

I'm not sure why I wrote adaption instead of adaptation. I'm stupid ;_;
Mistakes happen D:
You're not stupid..

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68246 on: December 12, 2013, 01:29:08 am »

*hug* I know that feel.
Not really since I can disassociate from the implied intimacy thanks to the barrier of the Internet.
Also too smart for me own good.
Sig! Onol

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68247 on: December 12, 2013, 09:37:55 am »

*hug* I know that feel.
Not really since I can disassociate from the implied intimacy thanks to the barrier of the Internet.

I simply solved my social shyness by basically making a villainous persona. No situation cannot be improved with dead baby and cannibalism jokes. It helps I look sinister and apparently move in an "evil" way. As a bonus, no-one's tried to mug me, unlike the guy who tried to mug my friend last thursday.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68248 on: December 12, 2013, 09:42:03 am »

*hug* I know that feel.

I simply solved my social shyness by basically making a villainous persona. No situation cannot be improved with dead baby and cannibalism jokes. It helps I look sinister and apparently move in an "evil" way. As a bonus, no-one's tried to mug me, unlike the guy who tried to mug my friend last thursday.

so wait, dead baby jokes make people less likely to mug you?

society is fucking weird

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #68249 on: December 12, 2013, 09:49:27 am »

*hug* I know that feel.

so wait, dead baby jokes make people less likely to mug you?

society is fucking weird
Dead baby jokes make people more likely to bash your face to the wall first before mugging you.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 4548 4549 [4550] 4551 4552 ... 8156