Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4568 4569 [4570] 4571 4572 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8585831 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #68535 on: December 27, 2013, 05:24:22 pm »

Nibling?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you cry today thread.
« Reply #68536 on: December 27, 2013, 06:05:56 pm »

Stumbled upon some old pictures of my late grandfather.

Shadowscynthe

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:VULPINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68537 on: December 27, 2013, 06:16:57 pm »

I read Patient treatment records. -2 in morale.
oh wait...
that was Cataclysm.
I singlehandedly watched a raccoon get squashed by a semi. I saw its guts get splayed all out on the tar. :(
I WILL BITE YOUR HEAD OFF!!!

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #68538 on: December 27, 2013, 06:25:53 pm »

oh wait...
that was Cataclysm.
I singlehandedly watched a raccoon get squashed by a semi. I saw its guts get splayed all out on the tar. :(
I think the raccoon posted that in "things that made you flat today" thread.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68539 on: December 27, 2013, 06:30:57 pm »

oh wait...
that was Cataclysm.
I think the raccoon posted that in "things that made you flat today" thread.

for some reason i feel we need such a thread

i'm not sure if we really do though

opinions?

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #68540 on: December 27, 2013, 06:33:34 pm »

There's at least one post we could get. That and the OP makes two. That's more than most threads have a realistic chance at getting.

Also, it could include "things that made you feel deflated" although that would be a bit of a stretch.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68541 on: December 27, 2013, 06:36:31 pm »

A similar image that comes back to me occasionally: I watched as a flock of pigeons tried to get out of the way of a van on a snowy street, and one of them managed to get caught under the tire. The rest of the flock was on top of the poor bird moments after it was turned into a pancake, and started pecking the corpse. It was ... not a pleasant thing to see.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #68542 on: December 27, 2013, 06:38:26 pm »

Did one of them bleat out "waste not, want not!" before diving back in?
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68543 on: December 27, 2013, 06:41:11 pm »

I was a little late for class due to the aforementioned snowy roads, and my parking spot being three blocks away from where I needed to be. I remember a lot of bleats, but not those ones in particular, no.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68544 on: December 27, 2013, 06:54:07 pm »

I just ate an entire jumbo sized bag of tropical skittles. I don't feel so good. My jaw is sore too.

Maybe if I stopped when my jaw started to hurt, I wouldn't have an upset stomach.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #68545 on: December 27, 2013, 07:10:57 pm »

For this sadness I must first tell a tale.

I take you back in time to about one and a half years ago, in the land known as the internet. I had just learned that lets playing had originated on something awful, and decided to check it out. It was there i discovered the single greatest screenshot lets play ever, the Sims 3 by eating only apples.

It was brilliant, heart-warming and it made my laugh so freaking much and then something terrible happened, something awful blocked non-payers from viewing the lets play thread, and I was sad. However! I then discovered the lets play archive and I was happy, I found other lets plays, screenshot, video all sorts, even a few text based, and I waited.

Fast forward to a week ago and it finally appeared, and I read it and finally I reached the end, and then... it ended, the story was over and all i had left was a deep hole in my heart, it was wonderful and a good ending but, part of me just can't let go, And this isn't the first time either, this happens with every good story and it sucks every time.
Those this happen to anyone else?
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68546 on: December 27, 2013, 07:12:09 pm »

I think this is probably why 99% of fanfiction happens.  The other 1% is people who really hate the 99% and wish to troll 'em.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68547 on: December 27, 2013, 07:12:47 pm »

I take you back in time to about one and a half years ago, in the land known as the internet. I had just learned that lets playing had originated on something awful, and decided to check it out. It was there i discovered the single greatest screenshot lets play ever, the Sims 3 by eating only apples.

It was brilliant, heart-warming and it made my laugh so freaking much and then something terrible happened, something awful blocked non-payers from viewing the lets play thread, and I was sad. However! I then discovered the lets play archive and I was happy, I found other lets plays, screenshot, video all sorts, even a few text based, and I waited.

Fast forward to a week ago and it finally appeared, and I read it and finally I reached the end, and then... it ended, the story was over and all i had left was a deep hole in my heart, it was wonderful and a good ending but, part of me just can't let go, And this isn't the first time either, this happens with every good story and it sucks every time.

i'm reading it right now

though i will now stop and go to sleep

i'm just saying this so SPOILERS don't hit me in the face when i'm back here (also that happens to me after just about every single good thing i watch/read/etc. so don't worry about it)

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #68548 on: December 27, 2013, 07:23:40 pm »

Would you be so kind as to link to it? By it, I mean the archive or whatever.

EDIT: Just been to the crapper.

Either I have a stomach bug, or my Christmas eating caught up with me. I also have a little bit of pain in my lower gut. Hopefully, it'll just clear up.
Sure here you go!
http://lparchive.org/Sims-3/
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #68549 on: December 27, 2013, 07:56:56 pm »

I read it too, just a few days ago. That was a really goddamn good LP.
Pages: 1 ... 4568 4569 [4570] 4571 4572 ... 8156