Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4576 4577 [4578] 4579 4580 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8472834 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #68655 on: December 31, 2013, 11:40:25 pm »

Yeah... honestly, t'me, the physical aspect just isn't worth the risks involved. Temporary pleasure for potentially permanent pain (emotional or physical) is a fool's bet, and I'm one that's already picked my foolishness quota and aspect and intend to stick with it. Not speaking ill of other's foolishness choices, of course. Everyone's got something they're an idiot about, and it usually hurts 'em in some way or another, and that's, y'know, fine. S'cool. Just gotta' pick your poison and that relationship stuff isn't m'choice of little death, personally. Though by the nonexistent gods I will use entirely too appropriate euphemisms for that sentence. Too bloody exhausted not to.

Unfortunately, m'also still in an area I seriously don't feel like running the risks involved with the emotional aspect either (because a relationship would mean honesty, and honesty would mean shit potentially getting back to people in this area, and that would potentially mean a lot of bad shit and... y'know, I'm getting along well enough as is. Not quite ready to burn bridges.), so... eh. Point being, general commiseration and reaffirmation that there's plenty to do outside the bedroom and general romance. Art, volunteering, work, ambitions, creativity, leisure, platonic relationships of all sorts and variances. Deep, trusting relationship (romantic/sexual or otherwise) would be... it would be really nice, but, there's a lot of other really nice things out there, too. Can't (don't want to) love the one you want, love the one you're with. Keep an eye out, but don't dwell on it, too much.

For all that so many of us invest so much time and effort in the whole rom-thing, it's just... such a small part of such a large world. Bloody hormones and ruddy social animal nonsense trying to convince us it's something important, mumblemutter.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68656 on: January 01, 2014, 12:06:49 am »

You guys...you don't need to have a relationship to get sex. There are these things called one night stands. I used to have a lot of them. Don't need them anymore, but when I did, they were nice.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #68657 on: January 01, 2014, 12:07:48 am »

You guys...you don't need to have a relationship to get sex. There are these things called one night stands. I used to have a lot of them. Don't need them anymore, but when I did, they were nice.

Some of us are not rakishly handsome and dreadfully confident. Some of us are just kind of okay looking and barely capable of small talk.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68658 on: January 01, 2014, 12:09:44 am »

Some of us are not rakishly handsome and dreadfully confident. Some of us are just kind of okay looking and barely capable of small talk.
...you do realize that I'm an internet meme nerd, too, right? I am not exactly the best looking guy (photo evidence in the share thread proves it!), and my speech involves mostly mumbling at my shoes interspersed with temporary bouts of suicidal overconfidence. I got along just fine, and you all can, too.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #68659 on: January 01, 2014, 12:26:59 am »

...you do realize that I'm an internet meme nerd, too, right? I am not exactly the best looking guy (photo evidence in the share thread proves it!), and my speech involves mostly mumbling at my shoes interspersed with temporary bouts of suicidal overconfidence. I got along just fine, and you all can, too.

Truth be told, I'm actually pretty good looking (Or so I think.) and I'm actually really 'confident' and charming when I am of a mind to be. But I don't enjoy initiating conversations with attractive women, so usually they just get the 'nervous looking guy' vibe, I imagine. It's a lot harder to get involved with women when you have a pathological aversion to speaking to them, or even looking at them. (Although I do both, and don't shy away if they try to approach me.)
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #68660 on: January 01, 2014, 12:29:44 am »

Or just, y'know, not terribly interested in that side of things. Fun, et al (don't mistake that. Nerve endings are nerve endings, yeah.), but it's lasting warmth and someone t'trust that would actually flip the effort switch these days. Not sweat and nerve endings. If it didn't have all those potentially massively disrupting outcomes involved, anyway. As it is... I got good music, good scenery, enjoyable cooking, decent cognitive challenges, (somewhat emotionally distant, but eh) family, games, books, bit of charity effort here and there. Why rock a boat when you're genuinely enjoying riding in it? Especially when there's sharksbullfrogs in the water.

Even one night stuff is a bit of a risk f'me, though. People that know me know people. Area too small, too inbred, too gossipy, haha. And I've already seen plenty of people wrecked (or at least massively inconvenienced) by such things. Sure, I'd probably be smarter about it if I indulged, but I'm sure a lot of them thought the exact same thing. S'a lesson in that, y'ken? If not a universally applicable one.
Ask not!
Ask!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68661 on: January 01, 2014, 01:00:33 am »

I'm not trying to say that it's for everyone, and you guys are free to live as you see fit. I mean, I don't think I'll ever understand the line of thinking of shutting yourself down to other people, no matter how little I think of most people. *shrugs* Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #68662 on: January 01, 2014, 01:05:13 am »

Giggity.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #68663 on: January 01, 2014, 01:17:46 am »

I couldn't do one night stands myself. Fuck buddies, however...

Sex is a form of affection to me. Generic affection. For some, it's strictly romantic, but for me it's friendship too. 'Course, I'd make sure the other person felt the same way before doing anything... don't want to send any wrong messages or do anything they wouldn't be comfortable with.

As a side note, I'm married to someone strictly monogamous and wants me to be too, so this is now all hypothetical :P
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #68664 on: January 01, 2014, 01:30:21 am »

I'm not trying to say that it's for everyone, and you guys are free to live as you see fit. I mean, I don't think I'll ever understand the line of thinking of shutting yourself down to other people, no matter how little I think of most people. *shrugs* Different strokes for different folks, I guess.
Ehn... depends on what you mean by shutting yourself down. Personally, I get along well enough on a facile level with most people, I just don't, y'know, trust them, keep quite a bit quiet/unmentioned, and avoid as much interaction beyond professional (equivalent) as possible (which is most). Can't really risk doing otherwise at the moment, because people talk and other people have ears like woah. Keep things on the light end of such for a few more years, move to somewhere that isn't Bigotstani, USA and family doesn't have tremendous local contacts, then opening up more is fine.* But until then...

Well, it's almost certainly not a universal thing, but I, at least, have learned to get by pretty happily without much in the way of deep (or even much more than shallow) personal connections. It's definitely tempting, and the longing comes up from time to time, but given the risk...

S'like I said, there's a lot more to the world to experience and enjoy and center yourself around that's... not that. Being without really isn't (or doesn't have to be, anyway) that big of a deal. Or even a deal, really. For folks in a less irritating situation, the takeaway is that, just. Remember there's a lot more to the world than interpersonal relationships. Just... so much. If you want to center yourself around something else, it's there to be centered on.

Especially when it's only for a few more years, though, heh. It was harder at the start of things, when awareness of just what sort of situation I was in started dawning, when it was a decade and then some to go. Practice makes perfect!. Light at the end of the tunnel makin' things chill, too~ After a while it does becomes pretty comfortable, though, even without the possibility of change. It's... not so bad, is what I'm saying. Just gotta' get y'mind in the right frame.

*Well, more accurately, get done making sure I'm physically safe (food, shelter, etc.), move somewhere not being a bigot doesn't risk economic trouble (job loss, etc.) or physical damage, and then tell the majority of my family and a great deal of this area "thank you for the support over the years, I deeply appreciate it, but please go to hell. You're wonderful horrible people and I can finally say that without ending up on the streets or beaten, huzzah!". It'd be cathartic, anyway. The casual bigotry in this godforsaken hellhole grates every so little more every bloody day, bleh.

Camel's still got a lot of room for straw, though. Never entirely sure if that makes it better or worse. Does make me even sleepier, though...
Ask not!
Ask!

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68665 on: January 01, 2014, 02:16:01 am »

coming from a guy who just had sex for the first time in a year, and then got dumped out of a pretty neat relationship because of it and it's side packages. I guess it's not for me. Maybe I should try building model railroads.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #68666 on: January 01, 2014, 02:29:07 am »

I couldn't do one night stands myself. Fuck buddies, however...

Sex is a form of affection to me. Generic affection. For some, it's strictly romantic, but for me it's friendship too. 'Course, I'd make sure the other person felt the same way before doing anything... don't want to send any wrong messages or do anything they wouldn't be comfortable with.

As a side note, I'm married to someone strictly monogamous and wants me to be too, so this is now all hypothetical :P

Of course it is, kai-kai~

Don't worry, I won't tell anyone about us.
Love, scriver~

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68667 on: January 01, 2014, 03:00:42 am »

As of now, I no longer have a phone =[
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #68668 on: January 01, 2014, 08:14:19 am »

I won a game I already owned, and I accidentally pressed add to game library instead of add to inventory. I was going to start a giveaway, damn it. Now I feel like a greedy bastard.

99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #68669 on: January 01, 2014, 08:57:59 am »

For me, personally, sex is a nice added bonus to a relationship, which is what I'm actually after.
Pages: 1 ... 4576 4577 [4578] 4579 4580 ... 8153