Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4577 4578 [4579] 4580 4581 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8576970 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #68670 on: January 01, 2014, 09:24:22 am »

As a side note, I'm married to someone strictly monogamous and wants me to be too, so this is now all hypothetical :P
Welcome to my boat.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #68671 on: January 01, 2014, 10:57:35 am »

As of now, I no longer have a phone =[
... at least in the interim, have you considered online phone software stuff? I think there's a few out there that do phone calls in the states (at least) for nothin'. Looks like google's even in on that...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #68672 on: January 01, 2014, 12:15:40 pm »

Sex is a form of affection to me. Generic affection. For some, it's strictly romantic, but for me it's friendship too. 'Course, I'd make sure the other person felt the same way before doing anything... don't want to send any wrong messages or do anything they wouldn't be comfortable with.
I'm the same way. Although I sometimes get people confessing their love to me after I specifically told them it was strictly platonic... >_>

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #68674 on: January 01, 2014, 02:33:36 pm »

So that's how Battlestar Galactica happened.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #68675 on: January 01, 2014, 03:12:33 pm »

As a side note, I'm married to someone strictly monogamous and wants me to be too, so this is now all hypothetical :P
Welcome to my boat.
It's pretty much the only major concession I've had to make the entire relationship, so I feel it's worth it a million times over.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #68676 on: January 01, 2014, 03:13:47 pm »

WE COULD HAVE HAD ANCIENT GREEKS IN SPACE D:
There's also a PBS special about that from '03.

Though, no, we really couldn't have had greeks in space. They really didn't have anything close to the modern philosophy of science based on empiricism that brought about the scientific revolution. Just like the ideas of matter being finitely divisible vs infinitely divisible, most of the things they got right about how the universe works were based more on having a sufficiently large number of philosopher-monkeys with typewriters.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68677 on: January 01, 2014, 04:16:20 pm »

As of now, I no longer have a phone =[
... at least in the interim, have you considered online phone software stuff? I think there's a few out there that do phone calls in the states (at least) for nothin'. Looks like google's even in on that...

Yeah, just installed Skype on the new machine :]  And apparently the phone company remains really, really shitty and untalented, so they haven't successfully managed to kill my connection yet hohohohohoho.

Don't worry about it, just had the midnight blues.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68678 on: January 01, 2014, 08:35:55 pm »

I'm lying awake from my own insecurities and acting like a selfigh bastard when it's not them at fault for the most part. Now I'm feeling guilt and shame about it and all I can do is bitch about it on the internet.

Christ. I'm a shitty person.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68679 on: January 01, 2014, 08:59:01 pm »

Still better than most.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #68680 on: January 01, 2014, 09:07:14 pm »

Recognizing your faults is the first step toward overcoming them.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68681 on: January 01, 2014, 09:13:05 pm »

Bad stuff.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 11:53:03 pm by GiglameshDespair »

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #68682 on: January 01, 2014, 09:15:06 pm »

Look for someone else who actually talks to you when they have a problem.

Some people think it "nice" to not tell their partner certain things that might hurt their feelings, when it's possibly the worst possible thing to do in a relationship.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68683 on: January 01, 2014, 10:28:17 pm »

Look also for becoming a person who doesn't rifle through other people's private business?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68684 on: January 01, 2014, 10:32:51 pm »

Look also for becoming a person who doesn't rifle through other people's private business?

Oh well I'm so fucking sorry

Yeah, was bad of me, I admit
But right now
fuck off
Pages: 1 ... 4577 4578 [4579] 4580 4581 ... 8156