Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4579 4580 [4581] 4582 4583 ... 8155

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8557195 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #68700 on: January 02, 2014, 08:45:07 pm »

I sold my old Dodge Intrepid today. :/ Sadness.
I misread that as Doge.

The internet is turning me into some kind of walking meme factory. The word replacement at first, then, eventually, I'll be in a psychiatric hospital, simply muttering 'Yo dawg, I heard you're gonna have a bad time.' over and over and over.

Yo dawg I heard ole lawng john sawn. OLE LAWNG JAHN SAWN. Le sigh. :P

Don Piano does not appreciate you not mentioning him. He is very, very disappointed.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68701 on: January 02, 2014, 09:30:13 pm »

I really, really, really hate my job.

Time to look for a new one, because I REALLY REALLY REALLY hate my job.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68702 on: January 02, 2014, 09:33:07 pm »

Wait, I thought you were looking forward to this job. I distinctly remember posts about it. Did it not meet your expectations? :(
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68703 on: January 02, 2014, 09:53:49 pm »

My manager has abandoned me for something like 3 weeks now and is leaving me to pretty much conduct a report section on my own despite having only 3 months' experience at this job and none with the skills in question, and my brain feels like it's crawling out my ears from the lack of real stimulation.  Also I'm the only person at work this week.

I hate this job.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68704 on: January 02, 2014, 09:55:11 pm »

...Ah. Yes, that makes more sense.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68705 on: January 02, 2014, 11:32:54 pm »

It is too damn hot today! Another heat wave, with more to come this summer. Pretty much everywhere has been declared extreme fire risk. So hot and sticky you know it wants to rain, but just can't...
God damn weather!

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #68706 on: January 02, 2014, 11:58:17 pm »

Ramble inbound.

Well, I saw it coming yesterday, but now it's here. I'm quite caught in the throes of another depressive bout. Here I am in my room, hungering for the sounds of beautiful, yet sad music just to feel. I've flopped around, curled up, tried to make myself cry unsuccessfully.

Here I am, listening to Shostakovich's fifth symphony, considering cutting as a means of expression, where and how to hide or show it, reactions when seen, yet saying no because to do so would be to admit I have a problem, and I can't do that.

I'm just sitting here instead, laughing at the absurdity of the occasional horn blat in a particular movement, or the lines my mind draws, or the soft tap of an instrument or arm caught on a chair in this high fidelity recording, or what I'll do after this post, which is to probably try a fetal position again, and the sad hilarity of what a game it all is and how I'm trying to figure out what I'll do in my emotional state instead of acting on impulse like saner people.

Catharsis of this strange post aside, I think I need help. I'm too clever to do anything dangerous, or drastic,  but too wrong to say anything, to make a call for help. I don't want to feel this way, but knowing it's some kind of imbalance in my head or that others have it too or that this isn't how I should be doesn't help.

I'm scared, too, and ache for a warm body to hold close and pretend nothing is wrong with. But I cannot, so I'll just have to be for now. I'm good at that.
Dude, did you ever get in contact with a therapist at your school. I know you were afraid it would go on your record (which I don't think is true), but I know from experience that getting help can really help you deal with your issues.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #68707 on: January 03, 2014, 01:36:01 am »

Second, an old acquantaince of mine's car just got the fuck bulldozed out of it by a train. He was ejected immediately, they think, and he's gotten hurt so bad that they think he's gonna die. If he's alive, he's going to be living with one eye and some serious head trauma, let alone all the broken bones and tears...
As far as the sympathy of an extremely random internet guy matters, you have it from me.
This, pretty much.

And remember, he may have had head trauma, but whether that translates to debilitating brain damage is a whole other matter. He may end up with the brain damage causing no visible effects.

On the bright side, he won't have to deal with permanent brain damage because he's dead.

I guess all in all this is an exercise in everybody being sad about somebody dying who I know all of jack shit about.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68708 on: January 03, 2014, 02:49:29 am »

damn am i making a lot of snipworthy posts lately.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 04:57:56 am by LordSlowpoke »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68709 on: January 03, 2014, 06:09:50 am »

Craving a Japanese copy of an Indian food.

... Somehow I don't think that will be easy to procure.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #68710 on: January 03, 2014, 03:23:32 pm »

Just found out that a certain web page is no longer existent. It was a page in domain of a group of people who made music, videos, music videos etc. Their web-based series reached kind of a cult status in certain circles in my country. It's true they have been inactive for years, tbh I don't remember when was the last time I checked their page...still, it feels like a great chunk of something genuinely entertaining was just lost in the voids of the internet history. And there's nothing bringing it back. All the blog posts, all the random funny ramblings, everything...gone.

Checking Wayback Machine...I'm getting a few positive hits, but so much...gone...

Yes, I am a bit depressed right now. .__.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68711 on: January 03, 2014, 03:40:42 pm »

Maybe try to track down and get in contact with the web administrator? They probably have a copy of the site still.

Ways to do that include using the Wayback Machine to find any contact info pages from the site, looking on domain registration sites like GoDaddy.com to see whose name/email the URL was registered to, and other things you might be able to try depending on the nature of the site.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #68712 on: January 03, 2014, 05:13:41 pm »

My grandfather's cancer has progressed to the point where he has days to live. I knew this was coming eventually, but...
So, this finally happened.
On my father's birthday too.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68713 on: January 03, 2014, 06:15:35 pm »

My grandfather's cancer has progressed to the point where he has days to live. I knew this was coming eventually, but...
So, this finally happened.
On my father's birthday too.
Many condolences, ser.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #68714 on: January 03, 2014, 06:18:08 pm »

Had to put both my dogs to sleep today. Had them for almost half my life.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.
Pages: 1 ... 4579 4580 [4581] 4582 4583 ... 8155