Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4596 4597 [4598] 4599 4600 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8567701 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #68955 on: January 09, 2014, 03:25:21 pm »

In the US, racism against people with dark skin is a very hot button issue, because it is purposefully kept bleeding and raw by certain high profile attorneys that will remain unnamed, and certain leading political mouthpieces actively picking at it.

As a result, we basically have to change the verbiage we use to designate that a person has dark skin, because "THAT'S RACIST! LIKE, OMG!" -- and do so in a very George Orwell 1984 style. (We even destroy books that use old terms! Check out how many times Tom Sawyer has been attempted to be banned for using the word "nigger".)

I'm just waiting for when we have to say something totally orwellian, like "Double Plus pigmented man".

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #68956 on: January 09, 2014, 03:28:10 pm »

Shit dude, that sucks. I know that's a horrible understatement, but the medium of text is hard to get emotions across. I wish her a swift recovery.

At this point, we're just hoping that she survives. It's pretty serious right now.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #68957 on: January 09, 2014, 03:32:21 pm »

Shit dude, that sucks. I know that's a horrible understatement, but the medium of text is hard to get emotions across. I wish her a swift recovery.

At this point, we're just hoping that she survives. It's pretty serious right now.

Shit... :( I'm really sorry... I hope she makes it, and that her life becomes brighter at some point. All the best to you and yours!

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #68958 on: January 09, 2014, 03:33:59 pm »

Yeah, here's hoping she recovers and gets better.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #68959 on: January 09, 2014, 03:36:52 pm »

I'm sorry, I hope she lives and becomes happier soon
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68960 on: January 09, 2014, 05:07:01 pm »

I now bring you the lamest sad ever.

I was tuning my guitar, and one of the strings broke and cut my finger open. Sad that I can't play (I don't think I have any replacement strings), and also ow.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68961 on: January 09, 2014, 06:21:14 pm »

the lifes and times of lordslowpoke: key recovery edition

so the dev of gimbal actually sent me a steam key (huzzah) but guess what

The product code you've entered has already been activated by an existing Steam account, and is therefore invalid. Your activation of Gimbal has not been completed.

i think it's sort of redonkulous, almost on par with the fact i should be angry about this but i hardly ever feel anger anymore, just sadness instead

time to hope that he doesn't get a vibe of being bamboozled by someone asking for a ridiculous amount of keys, how does that shit even work, do people have databases of keys with activation times he could be able to check against that (but then how would i get a duplicate key from the dev himself)

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #68962 on: January 09, 2014, 06:25:19 pm »

He probably just gave you the combination for his luggage, which was on a post-it on his monitor.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68963 on: January 09, 2014, 06:31:01 pm »

or it could be me that is being bamboozled, all things considered. it was all with the nice "thanks for supporting gimbal" form so it seemed respectable enough but hell it'd make sense

i'm going to need to find fifteen bucks on an internet based account, then. you will get my patronage you smug bastard even if it means giving it to you twice

that or i could drop it on robocraft because it simply beckons for money to be thrown at it

where the fuck did my frugality go has anyone seen it anywhere i need it back before i buy all the things

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #68964 on: January 09, 2014, 06:37:06 pm »

I have a spare frugality that I'd let go for $15. I'll need to send you the activation code.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68965 on: January 09, 2014, 07:24:29 pm »

Well, just learned the girl I currently have a mega crush on probably doesn't feel the way I feel about her at all, even more so because of her views about dating being rooted in religion.
Either that or she does and she just tells our mutual friend this stuff  because she doesn't like to talk about it, which I'm hoping for so desperately.
Seriously, every time there is an amazing, perfect person, there is always one stupid thing that ruins it.
I think I might as well just have my balls chopped off at this point and then sell myself to a glue factory.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #68966 on: January 09, 2014, 07:25:39 pm »

You could go after men instead.

(sorry, just been reading the sexuality thread too much)

Although I do question you calling her "perfect" if there's something as big as religion coming between you. If she's a devout member of a religion you're not a part of, that can be a Big Deal, especially if it's one that really tries to mess with its member's personal lives with such things as demanding things about dating.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 07:28:48 pm by kaijyuu »
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68967 on: January 09, 2014, 07:33:58 pm »

Facebook page says she's a Born Again Christian.
I really have no idea what that means.
I do know, according to our mutual friend, that the views about dating don't come SOLELY from her religion, but are rather based around religion as a whole.
Basically, from what I can tell, she doesn't want to date anyone not of her religion because she sees that as a barrier of some sort.
Kind of like a 'It won't work out if the religions aren't the same or similar' thing, you know?
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #68968 on: January 09, 2014, 07:35:54 pm »

While I won't say it's true in every case, for the most part she's right.

Some people can get in a serious relationship despite disagreeing on heavy matters such as politics and religion. Most can't.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #68969 on: January 09, 2014, 07:45:14 pm »

Nope. "Born again" refers to the spiritual rebirth that is achieved by accepting Jesus as your savior, which is usually signified by a baptism or other ceremony.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 4596 4597 [4598] 4599 4600 ... 8156