Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4600 4601 [4602] 4603 4604 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8578034 times)

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #69015 on: January 10, 2014, 01:23:04 pm »

* Iceblaster sighs

I need to talk and just get this baggage on the luggage cart of Internet sob stories ::)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ring ring, one more for the cart bell boy!
I don't know about you, but from an older person's perspective this seems really hopeful. All that school social stuff is garbage and adults don't treat each other like that - if they do, they have some growing up to do. You're leaving that crappy environment soon.

One thing I would caution, as someone who home-schooled after Elementary was over and took the GED (high school equivalent test): don't waste the time that you have. Even if you pursue something that isn't typical school curriculum, but is something that really interests you, do it. You can get into a community college and inexpensively take all the remedial classes you need.

For example, if you spend your time writing, you can probably test into English 101 on your SATs, although you might profit from going back to English 100 (technical structure of the language stuff rather than essay writing).

Second, don't go the easy route in college. Get a degree that will make you employable. Or look at all the writing-related degrees and pick the one that is most employable. Even if you don't plan to go past a 2-year degree, those writing classes really help. And all the electives you end up taking like a foreign language, social sciences, hard sciences, end up making you a writer with more interesting things to say.

I'd suggest that a writer needs curiosity most of all. If you're curious and intrepid everything else will follow.

Going back to the relationship stuff. I also didn't socialize enough as a child or teen. When I became a young adult I made a bunch of stupid moves and talked like an idiot, but I learned and developed. When I turn 50 I'm going to look back on myself now and spot all the stupid moves and idiotic talk I'm doing now. That's how it goes. If you're at all similar I suspect you'll get out into the world and suffer some stormy seas before everything turns out alright.

You will approach the world and everyone in it as yourself. Not as who your parents are, or what people said in school. You enter a room and what people see is whatever you decide to project. And if you project who you really are, you will quickly find people who think you're awesome and want to spend time with you - and you with them.

In summary: don't give up, work hard on what you love, and truthfully things will work out.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #69016 on: January 10, 2014, 01:51:09 pm »

In other news, I've taken a different approach to the exit option, now I don't want it as a cowards move, I want it because I am tired of feeling like there is some pattern in all of this and I don't care if it's a god doing this, or the matrix, or nothing at all but I want to rebel in the biggest way and try my luck at the other side because it all feels empty and like broken glass over here.
I really think you should give this world a bit more of a chance. Once you move on, you can't come back, as far as we know, unless reincarnation is a thing, in which case you have no idea where or what you'll come back as.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #69017 on: January 10, 2014, 02:03:06 pm »

In other news, Chris-chan's house has burned down. Not sure how much, though.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69018 on: January 10, 2014, 03:02:28 pm »

And if you've been feeling like that for a long time, see a doctor. Mental illnesses often go undiagnosed.
If it's just temporary though, find someone to talk to. A good friend generally is a good choice ;)
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69019 on: January 10, 2014, 03:03:04 pm »

In other news, I've taken a different approach to the exit option, now I don't want it as a cowards move, I want it because I am tired of feeling like there is some pattern in all of this and I don't care if it's a god doing this, or the matrix, or nothing at all but I want to rebel in the biggest way and try my luck at the other side because it all feels empty and like broken glass over here.
I really think you should give this world a bit more of a chance. Once you move on, you can't come back, as far as we know, unless reincarnation is a thing, in which case you have no idea where or what you'll come back as.
Thirded. Especially since it seems you're depressed about a broken heart situation - that is something you can get over and move on to something better. Take it from someone with experience in that field, romantic troubles are not worth giving up. You're current problems may seem pretty meaningless if you give it enough time. From what you posted earlier in this thread you're just getting started, quitting now would be a waste.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #69020 on: January 10, 2014, 03:22:36 pm »

Spoiler: Depressed rant within (click to show/hide)
So yeah... Not feeling great. Just thought I'd get it all out in a burst.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69021 on: January 10, 2014, 03:37:23 pm »

* Iceblaster sighs

I need to talk and just get this baggage on the luggage cart of Internet sob stories ::)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ring ring, one more for the cart bell boy!
-snip-
Thanks, really I didn't mean to go into my social problems. It originally was just my little rant on my confusion on my sexuality and religious beliefs.

On writing:

I never planned on turning it into something to employ me, however that is always a possibility.

All in all, thanks, never expected a reply :)

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69022 on: January 10, 2014, 04:36:20 pm »

I appreciate it, the support, but this all feels so much like deja vu. Every time someone says they are going to do something extreme everyone, even absolute strangers, absolutely panic. Every time you get a broken heart, it's "theres plenty of fish," and I feel bad all the way up until the point where it fades away to the dullest shade of gray. I feel so helpless. I want to make a violent change. I want to be mad and have people recognize it.

I am tired of being a slave and I feel like I only ever get built up enough to be knocked down again. Fuck yeah, I probably have depression, but I would never tell anyone because of the stigma. I don't believe in god, but by this point I don't care. I figure if I end it, I'm going to hell anyway if there is a god and if he can forgive me for a life of not believing in him, he can understand ending one. My bet is on something unimaginable, and I am ready to attack it. I feel like this is redundant bashing my head against an immovable object.

With Annie, she was something special. I usually enter into relationships feeling very little, getting to know the person is a process and I enjoy the companionship, but I have never received any disney sensation. I'm going to miss all of the little things about her and I don't want to go throughout the whole deal again just to be disappointed. She said it just didn't feel right, and I can't argue, because it never feels like anything special until you build that. Maybe I am just cold and dead inside.

I feel like my life is on hold because of the military, and everyone else looks at it as I'm the only one really living. I've decided iron poisoning is the way to go. Not very violent or courageous, but it gets the job done and leaves a pretty corpse. I missed my opportunities to do anything cool when I didn't slit my throat back in high school at a pep rally or paint the walls of my girlfriends car with my brains. Now all I can hope for is to die in another country and people to mourn, but hopefully get over it. That's why I joined anyway.

Selfish? Yeah, I'm awful.

Also, yeah, I'm fine with pms.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69023 on: January 10, 2014, 04:42:40 pm »

That being said, I'm not decided on anything. The future is as uncertain as rushing water and I just feel helpless. I've managed up until this point and I pride myself on my endurance, but I'm the first one to point out there is no hope when that is the case, and if what tomorrow brings is bad enough, I fear that the inevitable will become reality. After all, if I can't control my life...

Urist McOriginalname

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69024 on: January 10, 2014, 05:05:26 pm »

I have been through some really though s*** and atheism kind of opened my eyes to the concept that we live only once where no matter how ****ed up the situation gets i just stay cool because i know that [worst joke ever]we try so hard and get so far but in the end it doesn't even matter[/worst ever joke pls kill me]. This helped me get through the thoughts of suicide and agree with myself that there is nothing to lose even if i live a crappy life.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #69025 on: January 10, 2014, 05:06:56 pm »

I appreciate it, the support, but this all feels so much like deja vu. Every time someone says they are going to do something extreme everyone, even absolute strangers, absolutely panic. Every time you get a broken heart, it's "theres plenty of fish," and I feel bad all the way up until the point where it fades away to the dullest shade of gray. I feel so helpless. I want to make a violent change. I want to be mad and have people recognize it.

I am tired of being a slave and I feel like I only ever get built up enough to be knocked down again. Fuck yeah, I probably have depression, but I would never tell anyone because of the stigma. I don't believe in god, but by this point I don't care. I figure if I end it, I'm going to hell anyway if there is a god and if he can forgive me for a life of not believing in him, he can understand ending one. My bet is on something unimaginable, and I am ready to attack it. I feel like this is redundant bashing my head against an immovable object.

With Annie, she was something special. I usually enter into relationships feeling very little, getting to know the person is a process and I enjoy the companionship, but I have never received any disney sensation. I'm going to miss all of the little things about her and I don't want to go throughout the whole deal again just to be disappointed. She said it just didn't feel right, and I can't argue, because it never feels like anything special until you build that. Maybe I am just cold and dead inside.

I feel like my life is on hold because of the military, and everyone else looks at it as I'm the only one really living. I've decided iron poisoning is the way to go. Not very violent or courageous, but it gets the job done and leaves a pretty corpse. I missed my opportunities to do anything cool when I didn't slit my throat back in high school at a pep rally or paint the walls of my girlfriends car with my brains. Now all I can hope for is to die in another country and people to mourn, but hopefully get over it. That's why I joined anyway.

Selfish? Yeah, I'm awful.

Also, yeah, I'm fine with pms.
At the very least, don't do it so soon after your break-up. If you care anything for this girl, you'll wait a while so she doesn't think breaking-up with you caused you to kill yourself. Whether it's true or not, it'd be a horrible thing for someone to have to live with.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69026 on: January 10, 2014, 05:08:22 pm »

Sorry if this is a very rude question, but...

If you are not afraid of dying and everything that involves, why are you scared of stigma?

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69027 on: January 10, 2014, 05:17:18 pm »

A note on that: Pretty much everyone goes through the "help, I can't handle my life" phase at some point, which means that just because you think you're doing a shitty job doesn't mean that you are actually doing one. And yes, the future is uncertain, but the type of afterlife you're gonna get (if any) is even more uncertain, so if you can't handle uncertainty, you should probably stick to being alive, and if you can, then why not stay alive for a while?

Also, there's a really important consideration to make: It's easy to kill yourself, but it's kinda impossible to unkill yourself in case you regret being dead. So keep living as long as you can, even if you don't enjoy it, because while you can miss out on a whole lot of being alive, any afterlife can always wait for later.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69028 on: January 10, 2014, 05:43:40 pm »

Sorry if this is a very rude question, but...

If you are not afraid of dying and everything that involves, why are you scared of stigma?

Less afraid, more pissed off by. Anybody doing stuff that isn't helping under the guise of helping is sick and the way America handles it is flawed. It would be more standing between me and having the freedom to choose. Usually they lock you up for an attempt and don't let you go until you lie your way right out the door. Then the rest of you life is spent like an AA member. Thinking of that part as part of a disease, not the real you.

What I really want to do, fantasize about, is wander the desert.

If I honestly thought I could find some kind of help I would bring it up, but all I've ever seen is labeling and overmedication and I'm not going to live a life like that, because I honestly believe nothing is wrong with me beyond the fact that something at the very core of my being is repulsive and just repels over time. From what I can glean, good qualities on the surface, bad vibes below.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69029 on: January 10, 2014, 05:47:39 pm »

Oh, ha, well that and the crippling sadness. The lack of happiness really doesn't help to much either. But that comes in waves.
Pages: 1 ... 4600 4601 [4602] 4603 4604 ... 8156